Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FiveRinger, Jul 19, 2012.

1. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

both elena and melissa's kids were poorly attired. melissa's dress was very sad but they liked the vest. elena's kid looked like it was dressed by a posher version of FEMA. i can understand picking melissa over elena because i cant think of a decent thing elena has made yet. plus her skin cant take it.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  2. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I agree. Nina's face said it all. I thought Melissa'a outfits were both train wrecks last night. Elena's jacket was good. And realistically, having had two kids and dressed them, Elena's outfit looked more realistic for a playing toddler. And Elena's Mom outfit was really nice.

I'm sorry she's gone, I liked her.

3. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I was surprised that Melissa "survived", also.
    That's two challenges in a row where she's been unimpressive.

4. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I figured it would be Elena judging by her collection's placement in the Fashion Week lineup.

5. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I hope Wendy has a chance to do that leather buckle corset she had in her final collection. That was the only thing out of any of the finals that year I would have ripped off the model and run away with. (I liked Jay's as 'fashion art', but I don't do ponchos, and Kara Saun's was all red-carpet knockoffs.)

....What on EARTH has Suede done to Suede? I didn't recognize him at all.

6. skatesindreams

Most of the All-Stars are not designers I would want to see again.
    I hope that the series will be better than I expect it to be.

7. icecat

icecat Active Member

8. cruisin

9. skatesindreams

I rather like the way the manufactured designs turned out.
    $29.99 each.
    I wonder how they will sell.

10. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

He was on a roll last night with all his comments.

And I loved Elena's: "This is my baby. His name is @$$hole."

11. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Dimitri was awesome last night. :swoon:

12. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

I kind of feel bad for Elena. Although Elena's little jacket was way too much look for a baby, Melissa was clearly the one who deserved the boot last night.

I think everybody wants Comrade Snape as a boyfriend. I was rolling with his comment about Heidi's 108 kids. Why have we not seen footage or pictures of him dancing?!?

Next week's episode sounds promising: the avant garde challenge. Go big or go home! (Elena would have rocked this, and I suspect Melissa will fail it.)

13. TheGirlCanSkate

TheGirlCanSkate New Member

Sonja should have put blue cuffs on those pants.

Christopher's dress looks like a walking rag bag.

Loved Dmitry's - very "Euro" looking.

Elena's jacket would have looked darling with a bright red jumper style dress. But her colors....

Fabio's was cute but I would have liked some navy in the hat - and the hat looked a little small.

I thought Melissa's was cute for a wedding or other engagement.

14. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Yes, have to admit that this "baby" episode turned out better than expected. Lots of funny, but I watched online and found myself scrolling through to get to the actual runway show because seriously the episode could have been cut to 30 minutes (cut out some of the baby crying stuff :)) Hey, Sonjia gets a win (when she was acting like this was a very bad challenge and not for her?!!) Oh well, a good 3 piece outfit and well made, but I liked Fabio's, and I liked his attitude better. I didn't like so much the mother outfit that Sonjia made. Also, how could the designers not have guessed they'd have to make outfits for the Moms too? That was so not a surprise, so it shouldn't have been such a shock for them.

Goodbye to Elena. She is auf'ed finally for something she made that was not bad. Melissa's was so much worse and I thought Melissa was going to get the boot. Too bad. Really hard to tell who will make the final three. But since I've seen the collections, I'm guessing (hoping) Dimitri makes it, along with Chris, and either Fabio or Melissa. Fabio, Melissa, and Sonjia made final collections that ain't that great. Of the three, Melissa has perhaps more hits than misses. Altho' I'm not that happy with Dimitri's styling of his models for his final collection and did not like several of his pieces, I do think that Dimitri and Chris were the best designers this season on PR, with Sonjia a distant third and Melissa fourth, Fabio, fifth. Based on the final collections, Chris is probably the winner if he made final three. I think Elena with her Final Collection (which will not be aired) had some time to really think it through and she put together a good, cohesive runway show. She gave the judges, et al, a final big F*** You!

Ahhhh, Dimitri -- I love him! Couldn't find any vids of him dancing, but I found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsVJZn1m5qs

Really coool -- Dimitri's closet... he loves shoes, and striped fabrics. That final outfit had me agape! Oh well, hands off people... Dimitri Shokolov is my dance partner! ;) :lol:

15. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

16. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

casanova looks like bert lahr in makeup as the cowardly lion

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  17. viennese

viennese Well-Known Member

I am delighted by Tim's goodbye to Elena:

"What will we ever do now without &#!*, &#!*, &#!*, &#!*, &#!*, &#!*"

18. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

oh crap, esosa

I guess we'll never get Beefcake back now.

19. cruisin

20. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

Dmitry's lines in last night's episode had me :rofl:

Not crazy about the baby challenge, but most of them coped pretty well.

21. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Wendy Pepper :scream:

No, I'm still not over Austin not making the finals that season.

22. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I blame the idiot Access Hollywood host. I forgot her name.

23. succubus

succubus Well-Known Member

This second all stars has all the ingredients of a world class drama queen shitstorm. I can't wait! :biggrinbo:watch:

Oh, and I HATE Wendy Pepper.

24. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Wendy was twisted, but that buckle corset dress she made in her final collection was one of my all-time favorite PR designs. I hope she brings more of that.

Melissa totally deserved the boot this week, but Elena's skated by so many times that I really can't feel sorry for her finally going.

25. danceronice

What's Dimitry's last name? I know I saw it on the show but I've forgotten. I'll look him up on dancesportinfo and see if he's on there. (No guarantee there'd be pictures or video, but there might at least be results, depending on where he competed.)

26. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Snape. :p

27. danceronice

:rolleyes:

28. skatesindreams

Dmitry Sholokhov.

29. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

In the promo, she made some comment about how she should have won her season and I just laughed out loud.

I'm actually looking forward to this season of All Stars, more so than last season. I could do without Emilio and Wendy, but they'll make it interesting for sure. I'll be rooting for Althea and Uli.

30. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Melissa should have been aufed for the horrible mom outfit and the Baby's First Happy Hour dress. Although all the girls' looks were bad, I have to say. Elena's three pieces did not go together and Christopher's was pretty sad-looking by the time it hit the runway. Still, Heidi was the client, she told him what she wanted, and he gave it to her, so of course he won.