Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FiveRinger, Jul 19, 2012.

1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I really don't like the "mocking" tone of many of the critiques by Heidi - and others.
    Criticism can be given in a respectful way, even if you don't like someone, or their work.

It's a real "turn-off", IMO.

2. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

But it's the reason people watch reality programs. I was :eek: to discover from the promos that that bat out of hell, the Dance Mom dance coach, has yet another show? She's totally evil.

You're a nice person. You would make for boring TV. ;)

3. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I wouldn't make it either. I couldn't take the :drama:! But, I would style the hell out of my models. And I can sew!

4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

have the judges told melissa to stop making everything with that one neckline yet? ven wasnt the only one way monkey in the cast.

5. viennese

viennese Well-Known Member

On the bright side:

Another week, another chance for the hot L'Oreal makeup daddy to deal with Elena's stress induced skin breakout.

6. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

And Chris shredded for at least 3 challenges until they tOld him to stop.

7. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Not next to the moms she's not;she gets all my sympathy for what she has to put up with from those psycho bitches.

8. TheGirlCanSkate

TheGirlCanSkate New Member

Abby made those moms. She thrives on discord.

9. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Eh. I don't have a problem with teachers who take the harsh route. But the Moms on DanceMoms flip out over the STUPIDEST things. I think some of them ought to consider hormone therapy if they're not faking those mood swings for TV. (Of course, they all may just be cracking under the pressure of what I"m SURE is often producer-created drama.)

I think the problem with some of PR's criticism is the "regular" judges have gotten a bit...well, they have their schtick, and they know what it is (Nina's mean, Michael Kors makes outrageous similies, Heidi does backhanded compliments, etc.) and they play it up, even when it isn't really warranted by what's on the runway. They've gone from the occasional sincere OTT reaction to feeling they have to do it every time.

10. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

Dmitri has got to be one of the wittiest reality tv contestants ever. He's funny without being nasty, and he's honest with the other contestants. He doesn't need to be manipulative because he's smart. He makes the show for me this season!

11. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I wish Michael Kors would stop trying to be witty. Because he isn't. He defaults to the same stock phrases over and over - disco-ball soccer mom stripper mother of the bride 85-year-old-woman every friggin' week.

12. skatesindreams

PRlady, I was raised to be tough, but fair.

I watch PR to see if the designers/designs are any good because it's been a lifelong interest.
    My mother was in the industry.

I wish for less "drama"; particularly the sort manipulated by the producers.
    Trying to design/produce/sell clothes is stressful enough without it.
    The business isn't easy.

13. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

:respec:

I'd love to see Dimitri dance, or better yet take a spin with him myself on the dance floor, wearing one of his designs! :GnP1: :)

14. skatesindreams

I'd like to see Dmitry dance, as well.
    I'm sure he'd be worth watching.

15. cruisin

Maybe he can dance with Heidi. Now that she's a Rockette :rofl:.

16. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

What's Dmitri's last name? You can look him up on dancesportinfo.net and see if there are any photos or videos.

Yes, but most people don't want to see reality on reality TV, because it's generally quite boring. Sewing is not scintillating drama. Heck, *I'd* like to see actual ballroom dancing and actual ballroom-dance judging on DWTS, but never gonna happen because real beginners are not usually rip-roaring entertainment.

17. skatesindreams

^^^
    Dmitry Sholokhov.

18. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Why are they putting these women with huge calves in that length skirt???? It's not a good look.

And I don't really like babies much, but the little white dress with the green speck thingys was kind of cute.

19. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

That was adorable and a well-deserved win. I liked Sonjia's boy outfit, too, but might have given the win to Fabio.

So glad Elena was out instead of Melissa. Melissa's was probably the worst--you don't put a sheath dress on a baby for a reason, honey. But she is better than Elena and I hate to see a decent designer go home on a challenge like this.

20. cruisin

That, kinda, stinks. Elena's was the best collection of the bunch. Now, we won't see it.

21. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I never look at collections until the season is over.

22. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Elena's attitude got her the boot because Melissa's outfit was just awful.

23. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Every year, Heidi's Sweatshop Challenge annoys me.

Melissa designed a tube peekaboo diaper dress and tossed the mother into the worst short outfit of the season and Nina loved it? :eek: The jacket was only saved by the monster on the back, the rest of it was fugly.

Meanwhile, Elena's baby Toddler & Tiara top got her aufed? Couldn't have been the cute jacket that Heidi squealed over. The woman made 3 pieces and the mom looked good. Melissa stole Heidi's leggings, then couldn't put a dress together. Ugh. They went on past challenges when choosing their dumper tonight.

Comrade Snape is my hero. That line "I forgot I was a father" had me roaring. And his throwaway comment about Heidi having 100 kids - classic.

But, overall, there were some adorable baby outfits there. So glad Tim came in and took the screaming babies. I'd have tossed mine in a vat of dye to short out the batteries. :p

24. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

This episode was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. And who is excited about Project Runway Allstars: Villains (with special appearances by Andrae, Uli, and Kanye for the sake of diversity and some blonde girl that starts with an A I don't remember).

I hope they break into little islands and fight each other for fabric reward challenges and immunity.

25. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Comrade Snape is my new boyfriend. He says the best stuff!

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  26. magicpixie

magicpixie New Member

Paltrow look alike, Althea. I can't wait to see if crazy Wendy Pepper is still crazy.

I hope Fabio makes it to Fashion week. He seems like such a sweetheart.

27. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

I think the judges are insane.
    Christophers outfit was really bad. It looked worn out on the runway. How will it look once it is washed???

Elena and Snape are my favorite.
    Snape for the win!

28. skatesindreams

As a "special occasion" outfit. it might be "sent out"?
    It's obvious that the judges - who don't have to worry about "real life" - didn't think of that!

There were several good outfits - which surprised me.

I hope that Dmitry wins PR, also.

29. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I think Elena got the boot because she pissed off Nina. Melissa's outfits were by far the worst of the bunch. Elena should not have gotten aufed last night.

30. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

All 3 of the boy looks beat all 3 of the girl looks, but Christopher's was the best girl look. Melissa's dress was totally inappropriate, and the only worthwhile piece of Elena's look was the jacket, which was impractical for a toddler. It wasn't dressy enough for a special occasion, but wasn't easy to play in either. At least Christopher's could be used for special occasions and would have some marketability.