Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FiveRinger, Jul 19, 2012.

1. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

I didn't see a thread.....marathon on Lifetime today. I didn't know.....hadn't seen any promos. Are we over it yet? New designers this season, so that's a plus because that means new DRAMA!

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/

2. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I see that Gunnar Deatherage made it this time around.

3. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

Where is that lazy Beefcake? :mitchell: :mad:

4. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

One of our very own posters will probably be seen each episode! He is heading up the hair/makeup team. I can't remember what his username is here or if he has posted any time recently but keep a look out for Johnny when they send the models for their hair and makeup.

5. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

:respec:

Why did I agree to take an extra shift tonight? :wuzrobbed

6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this, as always!

7. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

BUMP! Road to runway on now--it's an introduction to the new contestants and they're talking to previous winners. Anya's on now. She's engaged.

8. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

YAY for PR!

9. Matryeshka

They have the kook going this season--they really did some anti-Wretchen focus groups :rofl: So far, I like them all. And WHEEE, THE LEANIMAL IS A JUDGE!

10. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Massapequa represents!!! :respec: :biggrinbo

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  11. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

An article in TV Guide said 2 unnamed PR contestants will quit. One actually packs up in the middle of the night and just leaves.

12. Matryeshka

All right y'all. Let's get real for a second and admit that the REAL reason we're all watching this show is for the Lifetime previews. An Officer and A Murderer? What woman wouldn't want to watch women be helpless victims over and over?!!

13. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I think the Lady Gaga type designer will suffer on this show with the time constraints. So will Ven with his couture looks. Unless he's this season's Rami?

I hope this season is more about the fashion and less mean girls or obvious winner from day one.

I'm just happy to have Tim Gunn back on my screen again. :)

Have they outlawed glue sticks this season? And sewing the model into the clothes?

14. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to it!

15. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Auditions made them look like a talented group. In the workroom, not so much.

16. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Whatttt I didn't know it was starting up again! Yes!

That's funny, cause I actually just started watching season 2 on dvd again the other day, and totally converted my mom into a fan. Now I can convince her that we should buy more seasons, and then watch together for bonding time. Win-win!

17. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Gunnar is already grating on me. He's like all the bitchy contestants from previous seasons rolled up into one. Talk about "death rage."

Chris or whatever his name was won on the strength of his pre-made dress. It was stunning, but the LBD was unremarkable.

I think Ven should've won. His pink mini was well sewn and connected with that amazing bustier, though I could've dome without the pleats in the pants.

Kooan is just kooky.

I think two female contestants will quit, perhaps Elena, Sonjia (sp?) or the professor.

18. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

this. Apart from Ven, most of that stuff was poorly made, ill fitting and weird. When you make size 0 models look fat, you've done a really bad job. He understands fabric and clearly made the first dress based on the 2nd. I'm not so certain Chris actually made the dress that won.

19. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

ita. chris's black dress was unremarkable at best, i dont think it fit her right and there was a poorly placed addl bump of fabric on one hip.

his winning dress didnt have such a great bodice. it was ok on the model but i dont think it was all that flattering on that part of her body either.

20. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

The bodice reminded me of the wicketty-whack Nikki Hilton dress that Marla tossed together a billion seasons ago. :yikes:

But the bottom was rather lovely. :)

I like old Judy Collins lady! :cheer2: I hope she isn't the one to ditch it......

21. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

The problem with black is that the TV audience can't see any details, even in hi-def. I remember wondering what Christian Siriano's Fashion Week stuff really looked like. It wasn't until I looked at the Getty stills that I got an idea of what was going on. I'll defer judgement on Chris's stuff until I look at the images. Beatrice wasn't a good fit for the comp, so it's not a surprise she's the first auf.

22. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

I wanted the snakeskin lady to be auffed.

23. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Many of the designers seem weird, rather than talented; wanting to show how "cutting edge" they are
    If you're going to be avant-garde, fine.

However, your ideas need to have some degree of wearability.
    All the creativity in the world doesn't matter, if no one wants to buy what you make.

24. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

He's this season's Josh. :rolleyes:

25. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

This season has contestants that clearly define the two ends of that spectrum. Dev pretty much said "doesn't matter how creative you are if it won't sell". The Japanese guy on the other hand (props to Tom and Lorenzo for coining the nickname "Frokimon").....I suspect he's deliberately trying to be completely wackadoo. No one's wearing that except for the fring-est of Harajuku or Manga types.

I'm liking the two former soviet union contestants, who I will refer to as Lady Gaga's dressmaker and Professor Snape.

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  26. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

You are not alone.

I liked the "sad" gaucho cape and knitwear. The second look appeared the sort of thing that the beloved Olivier (season 9) was given props for.

27. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

:rofl::rofl:

28. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I kind of liked the dress under the cape. I would wear it when my husband drags me out to something like a car show followed by dinner at a nicer restaurant (my reward for tolerating car shows). But the trouble with it was that I can buy it at Target. Not going to cut it for a design competition. I think she could easily find a niche designing for department stores though.

Skakeskin woman has to go. I agreed with Nina's "horrified".

29. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

I think Beatrice deserved another chance.

30. Impromptu

Impromptu Well-Known Member

Well, he definitely wants to be.