Progressive Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by care bear, Jan 20, 2013.

1. care bear

care bear Active Member

Progressive Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular is on NBC on January 20 from 4-6 p.m. ET

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

3. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Well, poop, we're getting some dumb "Inside the Redskins" special instead. Stupid football!!! :mad:

4. skateycat

skateycat Minecraft Widow

@KIEMNews Why are you playing paid advertising instead of the NBC Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular that TitanTV promised me?

5. suep1963

suep1963 Well-Known Member

I can see it

*ducks and runs before skateycat and Wyliefan throws something at me*

skateycat and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Hallelujah, I actually got an e-mail apology from my NBC affiliate! The guy's going to see if it's been rescheduled. Fingers crossed . . .

7. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Is it cheesy as heck? I seem to remember watching about 3 minutes of it a few years back and cringing because it was so bad.

8. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

this is so awful it's unbelievable (but of course I'm watching it).

I did like the synchronized parallel bars routine, and Gabby Douglas' balance beam routine was ok. All the skating choreography is cringeworthy :yikes: This is why I usually ignore non-competition shows :scream:

9. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

It was on in my area. On a scale of 1 to 10 I gave it a 3.

10. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Wow, what did they do that was better than previous shows? I was fearing that given the recent Summer Games, there'd be less skating and more "artistic" gymnastics.

11. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

I believe it was pre-empted in our area (other sports coverage :eek:). Why do they have to have these teeny bopper bands as music guests? There have been some quality musical artists in the past. That said, the emphasis should still be on the athletes.

12. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

I got it on my local NBC affiliate, not the one out of Philly. Loved the cast of skaters but hated the show..Too much going on...skaters, gymnasts, bands and a partridge in a pear tree. Very ADHD, my head was spinning..

Had Adam not been in it, I may have DVR'd it and then deleted it next July without ever seeing it.

13. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

To paraphrase a recent song, "this was f***ing AWFUL.." (instead of "awesome"). I like cheese for real food, but this cheese was STANK.

14. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that two of Muse's songs were used in the rings and parallel bars routines. Is Muse trying to promote their upcoming tour on this uber cheesy show??? That would be very desperate.

15. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

I only watched it because a few of my fave gymnasts and skaters were on it. They don't have many pro shows they can do anymore (especially the gymnasts). Nastia made the Subway breakfast muffin sound so good though (with the spinach and tomato) that I did go out and buy one the next day. It was tasty. :D

16. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

For those who had their their NBC broadcast pre-empted in January, this show is being re-aired on Sunday, April 14, 2013 from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. ET (check your local listings): http://www.dissonskating.com/2013/0...cs-spectacular-presented-by-hilton-hhonors-2/

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

It's on today.

18. lnwpenza

lnwpenza Banned Member