Program Information for the 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by bronwynsings, Apr 7, 2014.

1. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

He's doing watered down technical content right now, and he underrotated the one 3A he attempted yesterday (his setup for the 3A seems so long), so he may be trying to get that in order before he thinks about competing a quad. There is no rush, he needs to develop at his own pace. If he doesn't have the quad, it won't do much good to put it in his program. The program itself is coming along nicely, and that seems to be his main focus for these summer events.

2. Amantide

Amantide Well-Known Member

Brezina

SP: Game of Thrones
    FP: Marriage of Figaro

:respec::rollin:

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Euros/4CC!

4. Amantide

5. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Well, maybe she saw how well it worked for Lipnitskaya and decided to give it a try. ;)

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Last season, the way she moved her arms and hips, for example, was in character of the Latin music that she picked for her SP. And in the FS, her movement was very different, much softer and 'sweeping, which was again in character of her classical piece.

7. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  8. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Searching for Cizeron's Instagram

Mulan sounds interesting for Yulia, but Megapolis, I am not sure.

9. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Cultural appropriation klaxon! :p

11. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

Mulan?
    Holy sh...
    I cannot think of any more improper soundtrack for lip than this. at least, we will see a new facette of her :D
    i hope it's just a instrumental version, i cannot stand aguileras 'refelction' combined with 'i'll make a man out of you' :dog:

12. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

Is this worlds in China? Maybe Lip was going for a home crowd thing. er, the Russians aren't always the greatest at that type of thing. I guess Disney is pretty innocuous though.

13. zigzig

zigzig Active Member

Haha, with that in mind I'm surprised we don't have a single Butterfly Lovers Concerto this year.

14. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Well-Known Member

Good thought . . . I'll bet that's it!! Otherwise, this choice would seem quite surprising, even inexplicable.

Well, it will be interesting to see what they do with it. Personally, I still associate this music with Michelle Kwan and her lovely 1998 exhibition piece to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_pCDjmc04. Hard to see Julia topping that program, but Averbukh obviously gave her a great vehicle with Schindler's List, so perhaps he will pull off something similar with this. (He's choreographing, right?)

15. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

oh my, i hope lip will have chinese lyrics then :cool:

16. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

If you thought Lipnitskaya's Schindler's List had no tune, rhythm, theme, or character, I think you were watching a different Lipnitskaya. :lol:

17. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

I love Mulan for the Lip-ster!!

18. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

That program from Makarova was beautiful, but she was too injured to really skate it full out. I'm looking forward to seeing Lip using the music to its potential.

I could not have imagined her choosing Mulan, but with Worlds in China I guess it does make sense. I can kinda see her as a warrior princess, she has that personality. At least she's going in a completely different direction this year so kudos. I wonder if this was suggested by her fans (she had reached out online for suggestions).

19. Amantide

I fully agree with you. For me that's a horrible choice of music. I'll see what pieces are chosen and how the program works but I'm completely disappointed with this choice. No wonder she has doubts about the music.

20. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

Id bet money Julia goes with an instrumental only cut of Mulan. I think that could work very well for her.

21. MissT

MissT New Member

22. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Oooh, I really hope it's a good version of the piece!!! Love the theme and have been waiting for a televised skater to use it, fingers crossed it's not too slow or funeral-ish. I'd have just liked the original but will see.

23. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Yes, she said that she doesn't approve of the music with words.

24. Amantide

The original does have the cello, so I think it works perfectly. I love the guitar/rock version as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDdhXbiN1CM

25. Amantide

Eteri said there are no vocals, I think?

26. elif

elif Well-Known Member

Looks like Zoueva still don't know or not sure what she should give those teams, changing free dance for both A/E and S/K. What about Shibutanis?

27. MissT

MissT New Member

The article doesn't give any program information about the Shibs. It mentions early on that they're one of Marina's top teams but they were away on tour when the article was written I believe.

28. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

A/E came with their programs -- or at least the music -- from Krylova/Camerlengo. Zoueva kept the SD theme with different musical cuts, but changed the FD, so she knows what she wanted to see from them.

As for S/K she made it clear she's not sure yet about the FD music or style, but Katsalapov said they've already got the elements set, and are presumably waiting for her to choose the music and the order in which they perform them.

29. elif

elif Well-Known Member

Ohh she almost finished free dance then:lol: She just needs to find some ''zzzzzz music'', add a couple of ''I'm adoring Nikita'' glance for Victoria, a lot of small lifts and poses and that is Zoueva choreography for you. :lol: Why she is waiting I don't understand :rolleyes::lol:

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  30. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I am not going to argue with ''zzzzzz music'', since that is just about your personal taste, but the programs for her two top teams, especially Virtue/Moir, were way more difficult than just "a lot of small lifts and poses". Virtue/Moir's programs had a lot of skating that was not crossovers, and very little posing.

P.S.: Now I seem to remember that you were the one who had a problem with Virtue/Moir's crossovers before the step sequences in their last FD (or, rather, you had a problem with people saying that their FD was less empty than Ilinykh/Katsalapov's), so it would be no use to argue with you about that FD. But I meant their programs as a whole anyway.