Pretty Little Liars

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by michiruwater, Feb 21, 2011.

1. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I think you may be on to something there.

I really, really hope Hanna is able to forgive Caleb.

2. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

^I don't know, I'd be pretty upset with him too. But then...ITA with wanting Hanna to forgive Caleb. I love them together.

I've been suspecting Melissa for awhile. I feel like Ian and her are working together, cause whenever something comes up to make him real suspicious, she's always got a story for his out of jail card. They're hiding something together.

I totally would've slapped Jenna too if I were Hanna! You know, I feel like Jenna is supposed to be a sympathetic character, but she creeps the heck out of me. But...as horrible as it may be for me to say it, she had that slap coming to her.

And poor Spencer too! Her mom said it right on: someone is trying really hard to make her look guilty. But yet her mom and dad can't see that that person basically lives under their roof. I mean, that offer to help her run away? Please. I bet he wouldn't hesitate to kill her (if he indeed had something to do with Allison dying, he wouldn't think twice about Spencer).

Toby is totally :swoon: worthy, but I wish he showed more emotion sometimes. Is that just how the character is supposed to be (more reserved and such), or is that just the actor?

Paige still annoys me. But I'm getting used to it.

3. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  4. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Agreed on Jenna. Is that the Youtube link you meant to post?

I also want Hannah and Caleb back together. But her feelings are totally understandable.

5. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

No, that was for the music thread. It's fixed now :slinkaway :eek:

6. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Jenna did have that slap coming to her! I totally don't think Jenna is A though. Jenna is creepy and manipulative in her own way, but too obvious as A. I don't think it's Melissa either, although I do think she's covering up something Ian did.

Really, I have no idea where they're going with this. In the book, you could sort of figure out what was going to happen before the last book came out. But in the show, now I just don't know.

PLL's 2nd season will premiere in mid-June, along with the new show The Lying Game, from Sara Shepard's book of the same name. I just finished the book and felt it pretty weak overall compared to the PLL series. Anyone else read TLG?

7. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Several eppisodes ago, I thought they were hinting that there was some incest going on between Jenna and Toby when he was younger. Jenna being the aggressior or course.
    Did anyone else pick up on that?
    Yeah, I could believe that Melissa is the killer. She does cover up for Ian, and I could see her being crazy jealous.

8. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure when Hanna snuck a file from the therapist's office that they saw Jenna in it said exactly that, and later Toby admitted to it. But it's not really incest since they're only step brother and sister IIRC.

9. Theatregirl1122

Jenna and Toby are step siblings and they have been pretty blatant about the fact that they were in a relationship but that toby ended it while Jenna still wants it to continue.

10. Angela-Fan

Angela-Fan Well-Known Member

I saw like 5 min or so of the last episode. And...now I want to watch all of the next episode. :shuffle:

11. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

OK, didn't know they were step.

12. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Who's ready for tonight's episode? :cheer2:

13. KikiSashaFan

Me! Its been a loooong day, I got my remote and wine ready :lol:

14. KikiSashaFan

When Spencer was locked in the tube thing, the claustrophobic in me came out and gave me a small panic attack.

15. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

How did Ian know Spencer was locked in the tube thing? I have a hard time thinking she called him! Did I miss something? And Melissa obviously lying about Hilton Head - where was she? What does she have to do with all of this?

I cheered when she kissed Toby in front of everyone :cheer2:

I wonder if there were more sinister reasons for Mona destroying Caleb's letter than just her dislike for him.

And, the videos of the whole gang were so creepy! I'm sure that's part of the reason Allison was killed, if she knew they were being followed. But by whom - Jenna?

Only one episode left and I don't think I'm going to get allt he answers I want :wuzrobbed

16. KikiSashaFan

I hate Mona. She's just irriating and serves no purpose (watch her be A :lol: ). I doubt Spencer did call Ian, but maybe in her panic and dropping her phone she somehow pocket dialed him. Regardless, Melissa and Ian are definitely hiding something...

I'm not sure that was the key Jenna wanted. If she really wanted into that storage unit, it isn't that hard to break a padlock. I wonder if A planted it there to screw with them.

Spencer and Toby :cheer::cheer:

At least the new season starts at the beginning of June and not all the way in September.

17. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I am so heartbroken that Hanna never read that letter and Caleb left. Hanna's just so awesome. Her ridiculous rant when they were all in ...Emily's? bedroom at the beginning when giving Aria advice had me LOLing.

I love the fact that Emily won't back down and is proud of who she is. And that Paige's confusion is realistic.

And Spencer and Toby is just awesome.

18. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I suspect Ezra now. I don't think he was telling Aria the truth about being broken up with the girl on his computer. I am starting to not trust anyone anymore. This show really works on your mind!:D
    Oh also, I think Ian was the one who locked Spencer in, that is why he was the one who got her out, maybe because Melissa came along?

19. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

double post.

20. Theatregirl1122

Caleb disappears and Lucas immediately shows up. It's like MAGIC.

21. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Those videos are so scandalous :watch:

Teacher or not, she's still 16, Ezra! It's still creepy. :yawn:

I have to admit I snickered at the "it might not even be human" line.

22. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

That's one thing I hate about this show. The weird way they use their recurring characters.

Lucas disappears, and in comes Caleb. Now it's the reverse.

Mona disappears for episodes on end with nary a mention. I'm pretty sure that happened with Maya too.

23. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Maya's still at Jesus gay reversal camp. There's no coming back from that.

24. Theatregirl1122

Won't someone just TELL Hannah what happened.

JK not on this show, I know better than that.

25. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Well now, yeah.

But I'm talking about in the first half of the season.

26. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cop guy is hot.

Maybe even better looking than Alex. IMO at least.

27. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Wow, I did not see that coming!

28. Theatregirl1122

Me either. And I've lost the thread of who cop guy is.

Yeah, I don't see Aria and Mr. Fitz being okay just because he isn't her teacher any more.

29. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Dump her Ezra!

She's such a teenager. And that's okay, because she is. But he ain't.

I'm such a hypocrite. I hate Ezra/Aria because he (was) her teacher (not just, but that is a big reason). Yet, I have no problem shipping Payson/Sasha. I don't understand it. :lol:

30. Theatregirl1122

Are we going to end every season with a car accident?