1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

practice thread

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by gkelly, Oct 10, 2011.

1. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

On that US test they're called back power threes.
  2. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

For the back power 3-turn, it helps a lot if you try keep the 3-turn as straight and flat as possible instead of round and curly. It also helps a LOT to keep the toes of your free leg really pointed. I think that's the best tip anyone ever gave me, because somehow it just keeps my whole body under control! This is a good salchow setup because it forces you to check your rotation before taking off on the salchow. When you do a salchow from a LFO 3-turn, it's too tempting to just take off on the jump like it's part of the turn instead of controlling that LBI edge first.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
    gkelly and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

ah, I heard the name before but never knew what was meant by it.

I like the test videos you posted. It is interesting to get some new ideas what to practice on, seeing that I almost never have anyone giving me tipps!! :)

Good, I will try that with the pointed toes. It makes sense - I notice in many other positions that it helps to have everything under stretch and that it helps to point ones toes as it helps to keep the leg under suspense.