Posting error

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by mollymgr, Mar 10, 2014.

1. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

I'm getting a database error when trying to post. My username shows up in the last post column but the post is missing from the thread??:confused:
    I'm afraid I'm double posting and I can't even see it.:slinkaway

2. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

I see it--it's in the D&W thread. Unfortunately, I can't past page 26 on that thread and your post should be on page 27.

I just got a database error on another thread, too.

My advice for now is to wait a while and then try again.

3. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

There appears to be a major fault. I got a database error when posting in the word association thread several hours ago, but it showed up (post 645). However, falling dance's post at post 644 is showing up as the last post, yet there have been 4 subsequent posts. In the Off The Beaten Track section, it shows the position as of several hours ago because it's not showing each threads correct last post. It's the same across the board with the Thrash Can, the Great Skate Debate, etc

ETA - its the same with this thread - mollymgr's 1st post is showing as the last post, despite the fact that there have been 2 subsequent posts

4. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Having similar problems as well -- the forum home page seems to be updated to indicate the most recent comments, yet when I open up any of the subforums, they don't show and posts past around 10:00 EDT or thereabouts.

I posted in the movie thread in OTBT a few hours ago, and I know there have been at least two comments after it, but none of them is showing up.

5. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

I'm having the same trouble as Maofan's and Cyn's on several threads in OTBT. I hope our server is okay.

6. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Just adding that I have that same database error issue in case you are tracking it or something. :) My post is there, but it doesn't bump the thread up or show a new post has been added to the thread.

7. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

It's been flagged.

8. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Looking in to this.

9. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Should be sorted now. :)

10. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's the same thing, but in trying to view the Snark thread in secret sources - the last post I see is Jen's #940, I posted after that with a snark about not being able to view new posts to see what would happen and I can't see any news posts including my own. I see others have posted but can't read them. Also the go to last post read button only takes me to the top of page 47.

11. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Same issue here.

12. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Okay that's weird. Looking in to it.

13. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

How about now?

14. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

If I go to the main page, it shows that the most recent post in PI is in the Ukraine thread at 1:28am (eastern time) today. But if I open up PI, it shows the most recent post in the Ukraine thread was made yesterday at 10:30am. But if I click on the last page of the Ukraine thread, I can actually see the post made at 1:28am. Weird!

15. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Seems to be working OK. The :sekret: in me wonders if vBulletin is messing around with us because we're moving.... Co-incidence? You decide. ;)

16. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Probably related to the database hiccup we had this morning. It should resolve itself in due course. If not, I'll run some diagnostics.

LOL. I like your thinking ;)

17. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

It's working normally again for me. Thank you!