Post your Power Outage Report

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FSWer, Nov 5, 2011.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok...I'm not sure what majority of our posters here had to deal with all this. As I'm not sure were everyone here is from. But since it was a State wide emerency. I would think that at least a lot of us were effected. So what I want to ask everyone here today is...what was this Power-Outage like for you? If you had to go to a Shelter.. please include how long you were there,and if this is your first time. As well as how long you were out of Power. For me....I was out of Power for a week. Since last Sat.,and just got it back. I myself had to go to a Shelter for 3 Days. It was a School. It was indeed my first time (yes,I'm a Novice,if you can use it in that contex). I then spent 1 night a someone's house. As well as went to my Mom's. Yes, I found out it came back today by calling my machine. To me all this seemed to take forever to resolve (for Power to come back)!!! What about you all?

2. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

Hi FSWer, congratulations on getting your power back. It was a loooonnnggg week that's for sure.

Lost power last Saturday night and just got it back earlier this evening. I didn't go to a shelter but rode it out with my younger sister and Mother. Plenty of candles and carbs; I had hot food for the first time this week and had to throw out mostly everything in the freezer and refrigerator. I did finally manage to finish a book I hadn't been able to get through and started another.

It made me nervous everytime I read the paper. Depending on who was asked, some reports were saying that many in the state might not get power back until Sunday. :scream: Luckily for me that wasn't the case. I feel badly for those still waiting and hope they get back on line soon. Cold and dark is not pleasant.

3. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I was out of power for 5 days. I went to live with my mother after Day 3.

4. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

We were lucky, we only lost power for two days but I have students who have been without power for a week now and still no end in sight. Also, some of the stores near me have gone dark again after having their power restored a few days ago. I'm in Bergen County in New Jersey.

5. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

You 2 were out for about as long as me. BTW. what did anyone's Rink here do for the outage? They were closed I'd subspect.

6. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

We were lucky, and only lost power for about 30 seconds. We had a lot of tree damage, though.

The rinks in Hackensack and at South Mountain in NJ were closed until Wednesday. All the skaters went to other rinks during that time. That made the other rinks extra crowded.

7. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

We were out 60 hours. We stayed in a local hotel Sunday and Monday night.