Positively Polina! The Polina Edmunds Cheer Thread

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Frau Muller, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Time for precious Polina Edmunds -- America's sr. silver medalist & the surprise of Natls 2014 -- to have her own cheer thread. So let me begin: XAROSHAYA DEBUSHKA! The tec skills, the mind (cool under pressure), the lines (perfect figure), the overall 'look'...and the results, 2nd only to the amazing Gracie Gold.

Polina Rocks! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

RFOS and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Flying Camel

Flying Camel Member

I have to give it to her she was great. She can jump. She has confidence. I also thought her presentation was very nice. I am going to enjoy watching her over the next few years.

I think if they put her on the Olympic team she should lose the yellow dress. Find something darker, and do something else with her hair. Fix her makeup. She will look more mature.

3. zoe111

zoe111 Active Member

Agree. I thought she was delightful all around.

4. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

It's going to be all kinds of exciting drama watching Gracie vs. Polina vs. Samantha unfold in the years to come leading up to 2018! I can't wait to see how Polina matures in the coming years; she can definitely be a big factor in the future of US skating and maybe even some of the present! GO POLINA!!! :kickass::cheer2::encore:

5. Dilng

Dilng Well-Known Member

:):cheer2: I really like Polina too. She did a great job and I'm happy she skated so well. I know she didn't have the pressure on her like the other girls did, but wow she did keep her cool in the free skate. She was great in her short program too. She definitely earned her silver medal!!:)

6. Frau Muller

POLINA IS SOCHI BOUND! Woweee!!!! Zpradsnikom, Polya!!!

7. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

Finally a successul named Polina
    she finally put off the Polina name curse :p

8. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

I'm over the moon excited for Polina! I love this girl and I believed in her talent from the first time I saw her compete. Go get 'em, Miss Edmunds! :cheer2::kickass::encore:

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I going to totally blow my gasket over this whole mess.

It's just really sad and not fair at all to Edmunds - who has delivered high level performances for the last two seasons - to get all the shit she's getting just because people:
    a) don't know her, so they don't care
    b) consider her skating immature just because she's 15 and doesn't make DRAMATIK facial expressions or whatever else it is that people perceive as proof of 'maturity'

She's been skating at a very high level for a while now and she deserves some respect.

10. zoe111

zoe111 Active Member

Agree completely. As I posted elsewhere, she beat all of the Russian girls in the FS at the JGPF who competed at Russian Sr Nationals, 1 of whom was 4th against a deep Russian field of ladies. She's extremely consistent and cool under pressure, which Gracie, Ashley and Mirai are not always known to be. I think she was absolutely the safest bet of the 3 (Wagner, Nagasu, Edmunds) being selected for those 2 spots

11. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

I was in Boston, and Polina is just lovely. She floats over the ice as light as a flower. The hate she is getting from the Mirai crowd is sad and ugly :( .

12. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

:cheer:

But only out of guilt. All further :cheer: are suspended until further notice.

13. Frau Muller

ITA. Poli will have the last laugh, I bet. (wink)

14. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Wow i saw Polina skate for the first time as a Junior back in 2011 at Nationals. She was only 12 which i thought was odd since she was much younger then the other girls. I was surprised someone that young was already a Junior but she didn't look intimidated by the older girls and even though she only finished 7th you could see she might one day become something special.

15. feraina

feraina Well-Known Member

I love Polina's SP and costume! I think her team should not only keep the yellow dress but get another colorful one to show off her youthful exuberance and effervescence in the FS as well! That little gray dress doesn't do it at all!

16. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

I enjoy her skating she has sass, verve, speed, and GREAT technique. :respec:

17. lawcat

lawcat Member

She is such a breath of fresh air! And I'm thrilled that she's from my hometown - go Polina!

18. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

I love Polina and wouldnt let my husband leave the room until she skated. Her talent and personality just jump out at you, and it is very cool to hear her self-confidence at such a young age and then watch her deliver on it. She's a star. Wishing her every success in Sochi.

19. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

I had never seen her before. And the first close-up I saw...............I thought "Holy Yellow! Who is that poor gangly child, and what is she doing out there?" And, then, she skated! Good Mother of you-know-who.......is she a delight. What a wonderful treat. Although I never would have predicted it (even after her FS) I am thrilled she is going to OLYS. She will be so much fun to watch in the next few years.

shine likes this.
  20. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Polina!!! I've said all season she is my second favorite US lady after Alissa. Coming in second at US Nats and making the Olympic team is a wonderful surprise!!!

21. lulu

lulu New Member

Congrats to Polina for making the Olympic team-I hope she has a fantastic time in Sochi. :)

22. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

She did well. I hope she makes the most of it.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  23. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

I think Polina is my favorite US lady. I hope she continues to improve and has a long and successful career.

[And as a mostly dance fan - I was delighted to see Marina Klimova again with her student.]

24. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Polina's mom is one of her coaches, right? Does anyone know why her mom wasn't sitting in the K&C with her instead of Marina K ?

Who's the guy coach sitting with her? He's hot, LOL.

25. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Her primary coach, David Glynn.

26. Frau Muller

Thanks, Tak, for mentioning the Klimova connection. Yet another reason to cheer for 'Team Polina' (and Team USA)! Polina's mom, Nina, is also a coach but David Glynn, as primary coach, sat in K'n'C, along with choreographer Marina. Frank Carroll is another coach - he works with Polina once a week, accoring to recent NYTimes profile.

By the way, I'm wondering if Polina has ever been to Russia or will this be her first trip? I know that her mom is from the city of Tver, north of Moscow. My husband (who grew up in USSR playing hockey) says that Polina's maternal grandpa was a noted ice-hockey player in the USSR.

27. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Excerpt from Nancy Armour's article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...re-skating-sochi-womens-team-edmunds/4441501/
    Re-posting link to Polina Edmunds' photo/video montage chronicling skating highlights and fun times at the Junior/Senior Grand Prix Final in Fukuoka, Japan, with Team USA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cutTccxpA

28. Frau Muller

Should Polina wear makeup in Sochi? She wore none (or I could not see any) in Boston. Maybe her part-time coach Frank Carroll will take Polina to Gracie's make-up artist before the Olympics. (Make-up sure helped another Carroll student, Kwan, before the 1995/96 season!)

29. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

She definitely had make-up on for her programs- you can clearly see eyeshadow and lipstick in both the sp and lp photos. Maybe she needs more dramatic make-up? For a 15 year old, I don't think she does. The programs don't seem to call for it. I thought she looked nice, and age appropriate, and program appropriate. (It didn't look like she had make up on for the team announcement- but why would she need it there? She's young and beautiful without it.)

30. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

What Skittl1321 said. She looked just fine. Piss off with the beauty terror, seriously.

shine, Coco and (deleted member) like this.