1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plushenko won't go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over his ineligibility

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Nmsis, Jul 29, 2010.

1. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

Go, Plush! :plush::plush::plush::plush::plush:

2. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Just a small nitpick - he actually had 21 days to appeal according to the official ISU communication.

3. DeathDrop

DeathDrop Member

Mr Plushenko will likely be reinstated, and this is just a motion they are going through. Since when was a guy like Plushenko completely banned and had no chance for returning let alone with the looming Sochi? The ISU rules have been extremely flexible and adaptable to the extent that all these guys have to do is to issue another communication. LOL

So what are the odds of Mr Plushenko not showing up at Sochi? I would say ZERO.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  4. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I would say pretty high. His body is not going to last forever.

5. Mevrouw

Mevrouw living every minute

So the ISU - if they reverse their decision - show that their rules are not really to be followed? And their decisions are arbitrary and not binding?

6. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Quite on the contrary. I don't think Pluschenko wants to compete all those 4 years until Olympics, because his body would not last that long. My guess is that he will reapply only for the Olympic year (same as he came back only for this year). So for ISU it will be proof that he has been punished enough (he would have been banned for 3 years after all) and Pluschenko will get what he wants. Everyone is happy! :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  7. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

I am with you...

Not to mention, it's all about "publicity" Plushy is getting "press" :)

8. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

ITA.

9. senorita

senorita New Member

NO. They will follow the rules exactly that say they can reverse their decision in case I). If they reverse their decision is because the ISU rules have many bullets / categories concerning ineligibility and according to their published decision for Plushenko, his ineligibility falls in the category that can be reversable and skaters can aplly for reinstatement.

I agree too:)

10. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

11. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

There is some logic to this. He could take it easy for two seasons to give his joints and ligaments time to heal up. Then start hard training in the summer of 2012. Regain eligibility for the 2012-2013 season. Compete at Russian Nationals, Europeans and Worlds. Then hit the Grand Prix in the fall of 2013, and cruise on into the Olympics. :)

12. stevlin

stevlin Active Member

I hope EP never comes back to the Olympics. I found him to be arrogant. His skating in my opinion didn't even deserve the silver. His jumps were crooked as can be in the air, his landings sloppy. His sit spins are way too high off the ice and ugly positions as well. Also he does not skate to the music. Any ol music will do for him. There are so many better skaters coming up the ranks, better spins, sit spins, jumps, musicality, etc. Goodbye EP.:D

13. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

14. parasolka

parasolka Member

And don't forget he eat innocent children for breakfast and may be accused of global warming!

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. senorita

senorita New Member

so..that was his secret diet to have lost weight?:wideeyes:

16. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

17. Nomad

Nomad Celebrity cheese-monger

Does he only eat the innocent children? If not, I'd like to offer him my she-demon of a step-niece.

18. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

So the ISU word "final" means permanent- irreversible- end of story- no more Plushenko ever again?

19. angietang

angietang Member

Don't worry. It is not the end of the story but only the beginning of a grand show. Plushenko's amateur status as a singles skater will be restored sooner or later based on what the newly-elected President of Russian Skating Federation said earlier on different occasions. So save your love or hate, sadness or joy, and tears or laughter for last, guys.

20. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Hope he does go to Sochi, love it when we get to see some older skaters. Shows the sport is for all ages not just the teens.

21. kia_4EverOnIce

kia_4EverOnIce New Member

but...do I remember wrong or when all this issue came out people where saying that according to ISU rules the comma (hope it's the right word!) for which he has been banned allows athlethes to ask for eligibility back? I understood that he didn't need to even make appeal, because he could just ask whenever he wanted to come back...

22. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

He is disqualified for a year.

23. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

That's it....a year? So he CAN compete in Sochi is what you're saying?

24. Really

Really Boston 2016 - I came, I saw, I loved it!

Nothing here about a one-year disqualification...

25. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

That's what I thought...once you've been deemed ineligible, you're ineligible forever.

26. lily

lily Active Member

27. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

28. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Unless and until you apply for reinstatement, and the ISU reinstates you.

29. senorita

senorita New Member

The thing is that journalists created larger drama, it is all over the news now that he is banned forever and he is "out of the Olympics", and no mention that he can apply to ISU again via his federation, even his age is mentioned wrong, ok for common people, but journalists shouldnt they do a research before publishing such crap, of course such headlines sell more, still it is unprofessional. One would think he killed a village and got suspended.

30. parasolka

parasolka Member

Only if she is slim enough, remember Sochy is not long way off!