Plushenko will skate in ISU competition on October 2nd, 2010

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by let`s talk, Sep 3, 2010.

1. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

The Executive Committee considered the appeal of Evgeni Plushenko regarding the lifting of sanctions from his participation in the competitions of the International Skating Union (ISU). Taking into account his commitment to continue clearly follow the rules of the ISU and the Russian figure skating federation, as well and his aspiration to achieve the main goal of his sporting life - successfully perform at the 2014 Olympics, Executive Committee of the Federation decided to apply the International Skating Union (ISU) to lift these sanctions.

the clearly follow the rules part and how Sochi is now the main goal of his career are the highlights. So his whole career has been leading to Sochi!

2. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Hopefully this whole farce will be over soon.

3. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Never a farce! It's all just part of the great circle of life... :D

4. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

lol how Sochi is his main goal in life. I am sure he would have said 2014 was his main goal back in January of 2002 or 2006 or 2010....

5. senorita

senorita New Member

Dah, I think it is clear they mean his main goal in his current sporting life, dont you change goals as time goes by, SLC is ten years ago maybe? Plus this is a message of RF web site not PLushenko´s annoouncement..

6. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

Some of you are making yourselves look ridiculous here.

Of course Sochi is the main goal of his life - he's not about to say NOW that Vancouver is the main goal of his life, or Turin was, or Salt Lake City was.

In his life how it is right now, Sochi is the main goal of his life. There is nothing wrong with that. I think some of you are just looking for any excuse to pick on him.

I think the "following the rules" thing is a bit rich considering it was the actions of the RFSF that landed Plushenko in hot water anyway.

EDIT: Whoops, snap Senorita! :lol:

7. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Stocking up on my antiemetics right now! :p

8. sk9tingfan

9. ciocio

ciocio New Member

10. sk9tingfan

And, I'm not even Christian! All of this genuflecting is IMO, obnoxious!

11. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

Um, it was actually Plushenko's blatant disregard for the rules that he knew about beforehand that landed him in hot water.

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  12. misskarne

Really? That's all you've got to complain about? Find your sense of humour. That is, IF you have one.

Um, it was actually that the RFSF told him that they would approve the shows, so he went ahead and arranged everything, and then at the last minute they said they wouldn't. Naturally, Plushenko chose to honour the commitment he'd made to the thousands of fans who'd already bought tickets. The ISU and RFSF basically set him up to fail. They only told him "no" three days before the first show.

13. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Seriously? Wow, I hadn't heard that. Quite the dick move from the RFSF and/or the ISU. Do you know why?

14. misskarne

My best guess would be that the RFSF were unhappy with the fact that Plushenko had quite publically spoken about the corruption within the ranks of the RFSF, especially Piseev and co. Plushenko also publically backed Anton Shik...Shk..(you know, the guy in B/S, I can never spell his last name :slinkaway) for the RFSF presidency.

15. senorita

senorita New Member

Because he withdrew from worlds due to injury and then went on to the shows after worlds. ISu stated they need time to check his medical papers and in between told RF to take back his permission to do Kings on Ice otherwise there would be consequences in russian team. Rf did get his permission back but Plushenko went on skating anyway.

16. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

What's the bet however that if Plush comes back, skates clean and still ends up 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th etc that he will not continue to Sochi. Like people used to say about Chan I wish he would close his mouth and just skate. Without the cheesy lackluster hip thrust choreography however. In saying that though, I am genuinly interested to see his new programs after working with great choreographers. He used to be one of my favourites. If he can come back and perform the jumps like he has done in the past, with better spins (like he came back with after his break), and with better transitions he could easily medal.

17. ciocio

ciocio New Member

Actually that´s what I want to see too. I don´t care very much if he medals or not, I prefer to see nice programs with no-hip thrust- choreography. He did everything, Sex Bomb, hip thrust, :blah: programs, everything he wanted, now it´s time to get back to serious stuff. :plush:

Ozzisk8tr and (deleted member) like this.
  18. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Frankly, some of us find ANYONE being compared to Jesus Christ to be highly offensive.

19. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

I saw a drag queen with a beard once. She was called Shesus... there's my sense of humour.

antmanb and (deleted member) like this.
  20. ciocio

ciocio New Member

As far as I know they have a lot of deities there, I remember Maosus or Marygudin (if I´m not wrong:D) :rofl:. They don´t want to offend anybody, they only have fun. ;)

21. senorita

senorita New Member

They compare Evgeni with Jesus? From the link posted above I highly doubt it has anything to do with comparisson rather than a play with words. Same as Jeremmessiah for Abott (that was hilarious pic). Oh and I m Christian Orthodox.
    Anyway too much fuss.Each board has its rules.

22. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

23. misskarne

From the training snips I've seen, he's definitely going to have the jumps (and more), I've noticed better spins in his show programs (his sit is nice and low now) and well, I suppose he's going to surprise us with his transitions! :lol:

(Does anyone else want to see him do an Ina Bauer? Or is that just me?)

Then you need to lighten the f*ck up. They're not COMPARING him to Jesus Christ. If you actually read any part of that community you'd know that it's not just him either. There's Brosus (Lysacek), Weirsus, Maosus, Jerremassiah, etc.

Mary Magudin or Yagsus is Yagudin's usual one ;)

Ozzisk8tr and (deleted member) like this.
  24. AJ Skatefan

Then there was a well publicized window of time in which Plushenko had plenty of opportunity to appeal, which he chose not to do.

25. ciocio

ciocio New Member

Me too, I want Ina Bauer and spirals. :cheer2:

Oops, I apologize to Mary Magudin´s worshipers!!!!:rofl::D:saint:

26. misskarne

:wall:

If you knew anything about anything, you would know appealing would have made his situation worse.

The avenue of appeal given to Plushenko was to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. The CAS has authority over every court in the world. A decision made in the CAS is BINDING and FINAL. There is no appeal of a decision at the CAS. What they say goes.

Now, imagine that Plushenko had taken his case to the CAS and won. The CAS' decision would have forced the ISU to allow Plushenko to compete this season. It would have forced the RFSF to nominate Plushenko as eligible. The ISU couldn't ban him, sure. But they could sure make his life difficult in a lot of other ways (including his scores) and I have no doubt they would have done so.

Plushenko chose the smart option of copping it on the chin and not burning his bridges, instead of pissing off the people in charge. It was a smart decision and anyone who says otherwise needs to use their brain a bit more.

I'd like to see him bring back the Ina Bauer into 3A-3T that Ilia Kulik perfected. And I've always thought Plushy's arabesque spiral was beautiful and didn't get enough ice time!

I am sure they will forgive you, now that you have seen the holy light of Yagsus!:p:saint::lol:

27. senorita

senorita New Member

Yeap because ISu rules have a whole paragraph explaining and gives him the right not to appeal their first decision, but accept it and then say Sorry you were riight, now can i have my eligibility back if I apply to RF?
    So he chose and did the second option.
    If you have follow the whole soap opera last season it was well explained.:)

28. AJ Skatefan

I did follow it.

29. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

It's really a shame you feel the need to be condescending to those who have been following FS for a very long time. You may have your fave and be an uber of a specific skater, that's cool.
    But that doesn't make you the NUMBER ONE authority on everything. Okay?

30. misskarne

Well funny, it's really a shame that people who have been following FS for a long time feel the need to be condescending to those who only picked it up at the Olympics.

You may hate my fave and not be an uber of my specific skater, that's cool.

But telling me off because I tried to make a point? Anyone with common sense should see why Plushenko didn't appeal. I've had a gutful of people bashing on him because he didn't appeal. Am I not allowed to lay out the reasons why?

The way I'm understanding it, apparently you're only allowed to be condescending if you've been following FS for years. I've done my homework. I do my homework. I know what I'm talking about. Okay?