Plushenko Should Hire Camerlengo - Coach

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Sugar

Sugar Well-Known Member

2. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Plushenko hiring a choreographer... I almost thought this was an April Fools. ;)

j/k, think it is a great idea! I know Mishin will "revise" the choreo, but at least some newer music choices will make his skating fresher.

3. ItalianFan

ItalianFan Member

I for one am very favorable to the idea of changing choreographer to manipulate COP to his advantage. A lot of the value of an effective program is strategy not strictly naked ability. Plush has immense skating skill that has not been adequately exploited by certain programs and someone like Camerlengo is what he needs. Even if he has the disadvantage of his age, I am sure that he could increase his points by using a different strategy. Look at the wonderful program Camerlengo did for Dai! Let's just hope that the "newer music choices" are not Blues for Klute....

4. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

Hopefully Plushy listens to :TT1:

5. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

No, all he needs are his quads. That beats all. ;)

6. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

As long as it isn't too difficult on his knees - I would LOVE to see what Camerlango could do with Plush!
    I am not Plushenko's biggest fan but I am one of his biggest admirers if that makes sense. What an athlete! I would love to see him do some actual choreography if he is indeed going to come back.

7. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Yay! I'm so happy to hear this! Also, there were rumors that a Kustarova and Alexeeva team is going to Krylova and Camerlengo. Nice to see them get the recognition they deserve from top skaters.

9. blancanieves

blancanieves Active Member

Nice get for Camerlengo. I'm so excited to check out this collaboration next season!

10. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Yea!! Only the best for the KING! :plush: :plush: :plush: :plush: :plush:

11. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

I've thought for years Plushenko needed a new choreographer. Will be very interesting to see Camerlengo's work with him.

12. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

13. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

great advice from the queen Tarasova... i absolutely love her

14. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

I'm sure Pasquale will give plushy great material. I just hope it doesnt get watered down into generic crapola by the end of the season which is what many skaters end up doing. Potential masterpieces just never build any further as the season progresses, I hope his knees hold up to the quad pounding and I hope Pasquale challenges plushy with transitions..

15. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

ANYTHING would be better than the Martin music to that boring hand puppet show he puts on... then jump... then more hand puppet show. GACK!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that Pasquale will keep it straight forward, assertive, masculine but still Plushenko-esque. Even if it is watered down, it just CANT be worse than what he's been calling choreography. One thing about Plushenko is that after the quads are completed, he can actually handle difficult entrances into his jumps so i am thinking Pasquale has more to work with in Plushy than we know. I'm excited about the change!!!! way to go Tat!!!:TT1::TT1:

ps: i just love the Tatiana Tarasova character you can select here. LOL.

16. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I haven't been in here before now because I thought it was the FSU April Fools joke for 2012, but seeing the amount of replies decided to pop in today and see if it was true or not and...

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!

I was at the then named Champions Series Final in 97 where Plushy made his debut and made everyone say Russian Mens Skating had a bright future w/that young man waiting in the wings behind Ilia and Yagudin. Even then he had the jumping goods, but he was also really charming out there as young as he was and I among many were looking forward to seeing how he'd develop his artistic side over the years.

So to see him plateau and never go beyond, as one poster perfectly described it, the jump and then puppet show, then jump and then puppet show we've watching for the last decade seemingly. He never really got any further than that and while he was able to get away w/that in the 6.0 days, not so much w/CoP. Yes, I know he still won competitions, but not w/the ease he did back during 6.0 and he was getting nailed for not having any decent transistions and in turn... The injuries haven't helped and, at times, even his jumps were shaky out there, w/CoP that also brought his marks down even a wee bit lower.

So long as Pasquale can come up w/something that will give Plushy a chance to stretch himself *and* not make things worse w/the knees and his groin *and* his back, it's all to the good IMO. It just seems that Plushy never really reached his potential performance wise out there, as he's a ham, we all know that. However, you can play just about any kind of music over one of his programs over the years and it wouldn't matter, it would work w/the music regardless due to the Choreography either being the barest of bare bones or the same old same old.

I still wish he'd retire, but not because I don't care for him or his skating, but because I want him to be able to run and play w/his little boy and his future Grandchildren. I get he still feels the fire to compete and loves to do that very thing, but when doing that endangers your ability to walk in the future?

He's not my favourite skater, but I do admire his determination and mental toughness. Here's hoping Pasquale can bring out that potential I saw in Evgeni all those years ago.

And that Mishin and Plushy leave well enough alone and *don't* water the programs down as the season progresses.

17. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Camerlengo is going to have to erect a castle and moat around his rink: he already did a mega amount of programs this year, and with the success of skaters using it and the success of his and Krylova's teams, he's going to have skaters sleeping outside the rink to beg him for programs :respec:

18. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

This is good news, but l´ll refrain from more enthusiasm until I have seen that Plushenko will actully perform to something new that can be called a choreography.

19. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I was thrilled until I saw that the article said that Pluschenko already had a choreographer -- Avdish -- and given how little effect that seemed to have on anything close to choreography or transitions, I'm a little dubious. Not sure if it Mishin or Pluschenko who drops everything related to choreography, but his programs have been seriously void.

(Though I suppose I can at least hope that Camerlengo knows of a few other composers.)

20. mikeko

mikeko Member

Well, Camerlengo's wife Anjelika Krylova choreographed Akiko Suzuki's SP this season, and the music was Edvin Marton version of Hungarian Rhapsody. :D

21. ItalianFan

ItalianFan Member

why is everyone so rabidly anti Marton? He is an excellent violinist and did afterall win the 2006 Emmy Award in America for Best Composition, for the song "Romeo and Juliet" . I don't think his music is any worse than all the other overused classical music we're monotonously subjected to season after season after season. (I can do without his stage presence but his music adaptions are fine with me)
    As far as Plushy is concerned, I hope beyond hope that Camerlengo will pull him up by his bootstraps into a uncharacteristic choreo that will leave everyone mindboggled, just so I won't have to read any more anti Plush complaints about lack of this and lack of that and arm thrashing puppet show (??) etc. (listen to Euros B ESP commentators say how improved his routine was this year in that respect)

22. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Marton is fine as a general proposition, but Plushenko using him for every single program makes his routines feel repetitive to a lot of people. It doesn't help that the last two LPs have been tango on top of that.

23. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

I'm glad Evgeni is trying something new and is already starting to prep his programs for next season. Hopefully he can work on the choreography while getting his jumps back in shape following his recent surgery.