Plushenko Fan Thread - Road to Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Cherub721, Nov 14, 2012.

1. lala

lala Well-Known Member

2. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I think the eyes tell it all sometimes: It wasn't just that the usual spark was missing--he also looked like he was in pain.

3. lala

lala Well-Known Member

from Nikoneko:

Zhenya, I do hope you won't rush your recovery. Please don't strain yourself.
    I pray for your health and success from the heart once, now and forever.

I dedicate this poetry to our King.

"Snuggle"

I wish for you...

Comfort on difficult days, 

Smiles when sadness intrudes, 

Rainbows to follow the clouds, 

Laughter to kiss your lips, 

Sunsets to warm your heart, 

Gentle hugs when spirits sag, 

Friendships to brighten your being, 

Beauty for your eyes to see, 

Confidence for when you doubt, 

Faith so that you can believe, 

Courage to know yourself, 

Patience to accept the truth, 

And love to complete your life. 

(Anonymous)

4. lala

lala Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko

А я и не унываю!Я сейчас буду лечить спину и 1 марта приступлю к тренировкам!!!!
    Спасибо всем моим болельщикам-друзьям!Мы еще повоюем!!!

I'm not discouraged! I'm going to treat my back and proceed to training from March 1!!
    Thanks to all my fans - friends! We will have more fight!!!

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

:respec:

6. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Good! I was going to go to the website but dread a retirement announcement!

7. lala

lala Well-Known Member

with Google translater

Olympic champion told the "KP" on why withdrew from the European Championships in figure skating

Evgeni Plushenko is the most titled skater today. He is the only single skater in the world, with three Olympic medals.
    List is endless awards and achievements recognized by the king of the ice: a three-time world champion, seven-time European champion, ten times champion of Russia.
    Meanwhile, in the arsenal Plushenko more than 60 gold medals, 17 silver and 3 bronze only! Its desire to participate in the fourth of his career Olympics for all experts considered to be fantastic. Nevertheless, Eugene, despite the trauma and pain goes to his goal. And let his path strewn with thorns rather than rose petals, but recently wrote Western tabloids: "The main intrigue of the Olympic Games in Sochi is a great Plushenko!"
    Recall: in mid-November in Munich Plushenko made micro-back.
    Doctors pronounced the verdict, one month can not go on the ice. But the skater could not afford such a luxury, because at the end of December he had to defend his title in the championship of Russia. And within ten days after the operation Plushenko, despite the prohibitions of doctors went to the ice. He won the championship of Russia on painkillers.
    Doctors warned skaters to go to the European Championship is very dangerous. It happened. The athlete does not handle the load, because of severe back pain wife had to withdraw from the competition. Exclusive Interview Olympic champion after returning home gave the "Komsomolskaya Pravda".
    - Zhenya, the whole country was rooting for you at the European Championships. Not every athlete will dare to go to a competition with such a serious injury ...
    -On my place would probably any athlete refused European championship after championship in Russia. Prior to the Russian championship, I had major surgery, then I have stuck in a bad back "blockade."
    In principle, there I skated more or less well. And even with such a serious injury for the tenth time won the championship of Russia (until Plushenko nobody did-prim.avt.). When I returned home, began to train twice. With a vengeance fulfilled quads and other complex elements.
    And at some point, I again backache. Doctors injected me two more "blockade" is very hard drugs, after about a week that I was physically unable to ride. Training regime began to stray.
    - It may be worth it after all care of himself, not to go to the competition ....
    - In principle, such a thought I had. But somehow comforted me, they say, should go, remember last season, when bad knees were made all the difficult elements. And I doubt, honestly ... Miracles do happen, of course, but with the back still more serious travma.Esli ice I seizes back, then the pain shoots right leg. As a result, I just do not feel whole right side! Still, I took a chance. Rallied and went to the competition in Zagreb. Why dare? I used to go in the sport, in the elements ahead of the curve, so I love everything to do with risk.

Continued interview with Yevgeny Plushenko, see the next issue of "Weekly-KP"

Maria Remizov (28/01/2013 12:32)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  8. ItalianFan

ItalianFan Member

I hear rumors that Zhenya might show up at worlds, (Mishin mentioned "London" in one of his interviews) does anyone know anything about this?? I know all the reasoning behind obtaining spots for Sochi etc but surely if he has his sights on Sochi he should take it easy and give himself time to really heal. The competition at worlds will be much fiercer than Euros. He says he's going to start training on Mar. 1st. Dear God, let's hope his "love of risk" doesn't mean he's going straight back onto the ice without taking care of himself.

9. misskarne

misskarne #408

There was some talk of it, and I'm sure the federation would like it, but I don't think he'll go. He's obviously not in his best shape and it's more important for him to rest up and be ready for next season.

10. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  11. lala

lala Well-Known Member

sad news: Plushenko will have surgery in Israel, where will be replaced the intervertebral disc in his spine.

http://en.rsport.ru/other_sports/201301 ... 75819.html
    “The recovery will last a long time, but not so much to set back his preparation for the (2013-14) season where the main competition will be the Olympics,” Mishin said.

“Tomorrow, he will undergo the operation, but his preparation plans won’t be altered, because he’ll be able to walk and swim in four weeks’ time.”
    In Russian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKbZGeh5xPo :((((((((((((

12. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Please keep us posted on his surgery and recovery.

At least he is getting the problem fixed. I hope he does not rush back to the ice and ruin any chances of his competing in Sochi. At this point I am not even sure that his body can handle the rigors of eligible competition. If he cannot compete, I am just grateful for the wonderful years of skating he gave us for so long.

Shame on those who were criticizing him for withdrawing from the Euros LP. He must have skated the SP with unimaginable pain .:(

13. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  14. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I usually watch the videos that you post, but not this time! Ouch! :(

Best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery.

15. misskarne

misskarne #408

Bionic Plushy may yet become a thing, it would seem.

I hope he comes through it well and takes it slow back onto the ice!

16. lala

lala Well-Known Member

The surgery went well :))

17. yaya124

yaya124 New Member

Yes, I just read the news from twitter. So relieved. Hope this time he will take enough time to recover before start training.

18. jsfpg2

jsfpg2 New Member

Get well Plushenko!

19. lala

lala Well-Known Member

20. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Dear Plushy fans!

The Plushy's fans have an idea to make an action(flash mob)
    that everyone write a tweet to Plush with the same words :

"Женя, мы с тобой! Выздоравливай! Мы тебя любим! / Zhenya, we are with you! We love you! Get well soon!"

Tomorow (saturday) in 12am (Tel Aviv time), 11am (CET), 14h (Moscow time) send this message to Evgeni on his twitter https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko !

Plushy's interview from the hospital
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXGH7bl3Hzo&feature=player_embedded

TV girl: The famous Russian figure skater Evgeni Plushenko who had to withdraw from the European Championship in Zagreb, was operated in the clinic in Israel. Our correspondent could meet him a few hours after the surgery. Evgeni said that before and during EC he was in pain, didn' feel his legs and couldn't properly train.

Plu: Now I am feeling like after the operation. Of course I feel some pain but in general I feel good. My attempt to skate at Euro was a risk. But I have always been a risky athlete who is going to his goal no matter how much it takes.

TV girl: Now Plu and his team are thinking about Sochi, if he can compete there at the proper level.

Doctor: I think with what spine I saw it's difficult to live, not to skate only. I think he is a person of a real will if he could skate with such pain. He had a severe distruction of his disk, but not the disk only. His intervertebral joints, connecting cords were all in awful conditions.

TV girl: Usually people after such an operation can barely leave the bed. But Evgeni started walking.

Plu (smiling happily): You see, they operated me yesterday, but today I can walk a little.

TV girl: The detailed report from Israel' clinic see tomorrow in our News progs.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  21. lala

lala Well-Known Member

http://winter.sport-express.ru/figureskating/reviews/28399/
    interview with Brian Orser:
    only Plushy's part, I used google translater (I hope Tanyka will translate this.)

Брайан Орсер: "С прошлого года я - фанат Плющенко"
    Brian Orser: "Since last year, I am a fan of Plushenko" :)

- Have you seen performance in Zagreb Plushenko?
    - Yes, of course.

- Are not you surprised by his decision to withdraw after the short program?
    - This is his and only his decision, I have no right to talk, it was correct or not. Plushenko - supertalant. And the fact that he is still willing and able to compete with much younger children, is admirable. What really surprised me in Zagreb - is his refusal to quadruple jump in the short program. Because Plushenko - unbeaten fighter. After that he made at the last European Championships in Sheffield, I became his fan. True. Remember thinking, OK, we have to admit he is a god figure skating, if he can fight like this. It was amazing! I did see him in training - such a calm, even relaxed. But Plushenko knows exactly how to get together when you go to the start. I know that he really wants to come to Sochi, and I can only wish him a full recovery and get in shape. Such men as he pushed all the other forward. This is for my students. They look at him with wide eyes. Besides Plushenko - the kind of person who surrounds the special aura they create around themselves a special atmosphere. And it's impossible to miss.

Catherine KULINICHEVA 02/04/2013 00:16

:)Yes, Mr Orser, he is special.

22. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Lala, thanks so much for all the Plushenko news/articles. I really enjoyed Brian Orser's comments about him.

23. lala

lala Well-Known Member

24. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Of course! :respec:

25. lala

lala Well-Known Member

26. lala

lala Well-Known Member

27. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Johnny comments on Plushy (I did not know Johnny and Jana were so close):

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...johnny-weir-aims-third-oympics-sochi/1898109/
    On Russian star Evgeni Plushenko, who had back surgery last week competing in Sochi: "Evgeni and I are fairly close. I get an email from his wife every week and he'll text. Evgeni is unlike anyone else I've seen in the sport. He fights until he's bleeding or crying every single day to be better. He's the surest thing about the Sochi Olympics. He will be there and he will be in shape. He will excite his home country audience. Whether he wins or not is a different story, but he will be there."

28. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Johnny was invited to every Plushy shows in spring, but the shows were cancelled, of course. Plushy doesn't like to write on his twitter and nowhere, so Jana writes to Johnny.. :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  29. lala

lala Well-Known Member

30. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Good! That comment is outrageous.