Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Cherub721, Nov 14, 2012.
I have a very awful feeling that yes, she can.
why? It doesn't really matter if they had one more spot. The only Russian male with a remote chance of a medal is Plushenko. The others would just be a spare for the team trophy.
But plushenko can't just do singles! His whole thinking now is based on doing 4 programs! 2 sp 2 lp. Few if anyone believes he would doubt his ability and ever not go to Sochi but now it's only one 31 year old with artificial disc in his spine! So now if it's not plushenko Russia gets no medal in team and no medal or top 10 or even 15 in singles of course. Maybe if there'd been two spots with no plushenko a team medal would've been possible. You also could have split team. Now plushenko has to go and Try both.
On the eve of the Olympic season
... And from 13 to 15 September at the Ice Palace Sports Complex will be held on the stage of the Cup of Russia figure skating, which is expected to involve an entire galaxy of Russian "stars" of the sport led by Evgeny Plushenko!
I don't know what is the truth, but as the article write, Plushy will compete in Perm, at The Cup of Russia, first stage.
YAYAYAY!! Go Plushy!!
complete long interview
Evgeni Plushenko: I hope and believe that I’ll recover, get in good shape and manage to end my career with dignity at home Olympics!
- In general, the preparation for the season is going well - said Evgenі Plushenko. - I'm recovering from my old injury, after the back surgery. I have already practiced quadruples. Now we complete work on my short program. It is set to very soulful, melodic music of the band "Okean Elzy" from the film "We Are From the Future". The idea of my new long program belongs to my coach Alexei Mishin - said Evgeni Plushenko. - It will be a medley of my best programs of previous years - from "The Godfather," Albinoni's "Adagio", "Tosca", "Tango Amore". This is new solution - in figure skating no one did it. I'm a brave athlete, and I can afford to introduce in figure skating something new. If all goes well, the Olympic Games in Sochi will be my last event. And every fan of figure skating, every my fan will see "his Plushenko": 18-year-old boy, 19-year-old, 25-year-old, and finally, today's Plushenko. We thought that this would be an unusual move and effective end of my career.
- Is it easier to prepare such a program? After all, you did it earlier.
- On the contrary - even more difficult. We are doing everything new! And it's important to get at least no worse than it was - in my best programs. But it's even more interesting. Naturally, we modify, invent, and insert new elements. One can not simply add up parts of all programs, all the pieces of choreography, which I once performed - and get a new program. It's just not possible! Figure skating is going forward in terms of transitions, glide, spins. And I have to be in step with it (smiles).
- Are you going to show this program at the test skating in Sochi?
- I have a little misfire now with my leg. Nothing serious –just old injury, twisted a little, so I need to take a short break. I do not rule out that I will speak at the test skating not at full strength, and maybe even will not skate there. We’ll see, it depends on my health, I still have time to make a final decision. For me it is already a record that I recovered after the surgery on my spine.
- Now your back does not bother you?
- It bothers, of course. Because of this, my participation in test skating is questioned. Now we have started to work out complex elements, jumps, I did quadruple toe loop, so I need to take care about my back. Of course back still bothers, but not as bad as during the early stages of preparation - at the training camp in Italy and Estonia. There it hurt very badly. Now everything is stabilized, but the problem did not go away completely. Two days ago, we talked with Deputy Sports Minister Yuriy Dmitrievich Nagornykh in Sochi and agreed about a serious medical support. I have really huge desire to practice and skate. As Alexei Nikolaevich Mishin said: «Плющенко еще не искатался…» («Plushenko hasn't been exhausted, tired of skating yet» or «hasn’t reached his limit») And I myself feel – I can. The main thing is to heal all the sores finally. My back injury is the only thing that can prevent me from achieving a good result at Sochi Olympics.
- How, by the way, Sochi has changed in six months - since you won here your 10th anniversary Russian Nationals?
- A tremendous job has been done! I see it every day, coming for practice and skating in the "Iceberg" Ice Palace. Everything is very well thought out. Let’s hope it all will work after Olympics. Just a few days ago, I visited the skating center "Adler-Arena"– and I was amazed how well and smartly everything is made. Huge funds are invested - financial, human. The main thing - that they should pay off and bring people benefit.
- Talking to Yuriy Nagornykh you were actively interested in the future of the Olympic venues after the Games.
- Well, I'm a patriot of my homeland! I did not go to compete for another country, though at the time I was offered to move to the U.S. In addition, figure skating - it's just one of my interests in life. Many of my friends are athletes and we wonder what kind of future awaits our sports. There was information that many of the objects after the Olympics will be disassembled and transported to other regions. This is wrong. It’s necessary to open the schools of hockey, figure skating, speed skating, short track, curling in Sochi, to attract professionals who are a huge number in our big country. Give them the opportunity to express themselves here, otherwise they will go abroad and train our own rivals. There is a perfect combination in Sochi - air, sea, high mountains and winter sports facilities. I, for example, after my training always go to the sea - to swim. And I feel amazing rehabilitation! There are great possibilities for the preparation and recovery here. One can do general physical training in Krasnaya Polyana and after 40 minutes by car - can go out on the ice in the amazing Sport Palace. This is a gold mine, a unique opportunity. I'm sure: if everything remains in Sochi, 15-20 years after the Olympic Games in the Russian national team will be the natives of this city, who will represent our country at the world's biggest competitions in figure skating and other winter sports.
- In your opinion, Sochi can become the Russian center of winter sports?
- Not just Sochi, the entire region. For example, we go to train abroad - to Italy, to the mountains, but only because there are no such conditions in Russia. So why we shouldn’t build training center for winter sports in Kislovodsk? It is 1270 m above sea level! I spend my summer training in Kislovodsk. If an ice rink should be built, hockey players, skaters, representatives of other ice sports will train there in winter. And the money will be invested in our country, and do not leak abroad as it is now. And no one would oversee our secrets.
- Zhenya, what are your plans for the upcoming season? Provided that you will soon be able to heal all injuries.
- I'd like to compete at the ISU Grand Prix event in Moscow. If everything goes right there I will compete at the Russian national championships, at the European championships and at the Olympics.These are the same events I had in my schedule before the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. I do not want to change anything – this is my experience, my knowledge. I don’t need more competitions to prepare the best possible way for the main event. Two –three – are completely enough.
- Do you take into account in your preparation, that, except for individual competitions, there will be team tournament at the Olympic Games in Sochi?Russia has only one spot in men's.
- Of course, I take it into account. Instead of two starts (competition programs) in Sochi will be - four. For nine days. This is a serious load. If the recovery goes well, I will be able to skate four times, and even more. But if for some reason I feel that I could not do it –I will report this in advance, and then the youth will be in Sochi. I do not want to let the Russian national team down, I won’t prevent the young athletes, and I’m not going to skate badly. I repeat: a relapse of my back injury is the only thing that can prevent me from speaking at the Olympics. I have had many operations - knees, groin injury, achilles, hands... None of that bothers me now. Still after the 12th operation - on the back - I have not yet fully recovered. But I hope and believe that I’ll recover, get in good shape and manage to end my career with dignity at home Olympics!
Wonderful interview! I hope he can be like Averbukh and really invest in Russian skating. He has great ideas.
No, this isn't true... they used Plushy's name...
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 24m
RT @yanarudkovskaya: Aaaaaa, Zhenya is really thin!) http://instagram.com/p/duN-RJFSJF/#
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 7m
RT @yanarudkovskaya: mini-shooting! http://instagram.com/p/duSqQCFSBj/#
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 10m
(homevideos) RT @Maria_Remizova: #hotelRodina #sochi @yanarudkovskaya http://instagram.com/p/duNyvpCWNh/# http://instagram.com/p/duOAa1CWOE/# @EvgeniPlushenko
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 31 Aug
(cute Sasha Plushenko <3) RT @yanarudkovskaya: http://instagram.com/p/drOOWbFSOO/# ))))
I have never seen this page, but I like it Plushenko isn't artistry...
159 days to Sochi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnaPpt_5RVo Plushy's training camp.
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews
RT @EvgeniPlushenko: On training https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/status/374879133911621632/photo/1
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews
Very short homevideo of @EvgeniPlushenko's training in "Iceberg" arena in Sochi - "nastyjustdoit: http://instagram.com/p/d2RPdyMOHy/# "
Nice comments from Eteri Tutberidze
EV: It is such a situation in Russian men's skating now, that there is only one athlete to claim the single spot on the Olympic team - Evgeni Plushenko. Do you think anyone else can fight for Russian National title, if Plushenko skates with at least one quad?
ET: I don't think it is likely. Zhenya will probably do two triple Axels - it was always an easy jump for him. And that, complete with quad, will be enough for him to win. In general, I honestly do not know, is it necessary to compete with Plushenko?
EV: In what sense?
ET: I don't really see any other Russian athlete who could fight for the Olympic podium. All of them are fighting mainly to get in top ten. Yes, Maxim Kovtun has triple Axels and two different quads. But at the level we're talking about, almost everyone does. You cannot count on the chance all other skaters fall?
Plushenko is still good enough to fight in the team event, where Russia could well win a medal. This, I think, is the most logical bet. Especially as a team event is the first in the Olympic program .
EV: Evgeni is is much more of an old generation skater than Kostner. Probably you could say about him as well that he is accustomed to long jump entries, has limited transitions. At the same time, I see that he is still interesting to you as a figure skater. Why is it so?
ET: I see him differently. It's really hard - to learn at his age something that children learn at four or five. But you can say something to a child hundred times, and he will repeat an element hundred times. Adults always have this thought etched in their subconsciousness: "I won't do it, because I can't." This is why many people refuse to learn at all.
When Plushenko skated at his first Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, he could not even sit properly into the sit spin - he didn't need to. And there was no change of blade in the camel spin either, for the same reason. So now when I see him trying to do on the ice complex variations of some positions, as a coach I understand the amount of work invested in it.
Excellent interview. I particularly liked his comment about Plush trying to learn what children learn at age 4 or 5. He is such a strong willed athlete! That's why he has all these medals.
Alexander Lakernik: Plushenko set up very seriously, but he needs time
07.09.2013 11:19:01 | Figure skating | News
Today, September 7, in the Olympic arena, "Iceberg" in Sochi will begin official pre-season rentals of the Russian national figure skating. September 5-6 held technical views. Their impressions of the preparation and representatives of sports pairs of male and female single skating with a special correspondent for the portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Maria Vorobevoj shared the vice-president of the Federation of figure skating in Russia (FFKKR), Chairman of the Technical Committee for Single and Pair Skating International Skating Union (ISU ) Alexander Lakernik.
- There is only the beginning of September, and some athletes first starts not soon - said Alexander Lakernik. - Therefore, if anyone is in a very good condition - it is, on the contrary, a little scary. Indeed, in this case, the question arises: what will happen next? At this point, the optimal period for this condition are our strongest sports couple. For each pair of very interesting to watch. At the box office will attend six pairs, four of them riding on a very high level, but the following two are also very nice look. Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov Vera Bazarov and Yuri Larionov, Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov, Yuko Kawaguchi and Alexander Smirnov are in very good shape for this time. Volosozhar and Trankov look on the ice so as to look like world champions. There are also two pairs of the next level, the guys also good ride, so the pairs figure skating looks very strong.
- What are your impressions produce a single skater?
- In singles new programs, interesting features, it turns something does not go, so now I do not even want to mention specific names. Who else is in full swing preparing for the season. That's why we keep trying hard not to show all our internal workflow. Why create unnecessary pressure? The team is now on the regular collection, today and tomorrow will be working displays, no one demands from athletes willing submission, and sharpened programs. Here we will go to the competition - and there'll be showing the program! In general, I can say that the team is now in good working condition. True, I did not see the dancers, so I do not presume to comment on dancing on ice. Couples look very positive, single skaters - normal for this period of time.
- The winner of the Grand Prix Final Junior Maxim Kovtun plans to try to roll the short program with two quad. What do you think about this?
- Frankly, I know that today will tell Maxim Kovtun. I saw two quads in his performance, it is ok to do even now - after a bad case of the poisoning of the athlete for two days fell out of the training process, and lay with temperature. But I do not know that Max and his coach Elena Germanovna Buyanova prepared, that they have in the plans. The athlete has all the necessary arsenal, it has improved in terms of programs. Problem one - to be able to show all that he owns, at the start.
- But, you see, the idea of a two quads in the short program would be a good application of the Russian men's single skating?
- Alexander Raphailovich, what can you say about the preparation of Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko?
- I saw Eugene only once. It is set up very seriously, but he needs time - yet the operations similar to the one he suffered on the back, is a serious matter. Is reasonable cause to fit with his head, knowing that he is now too early to reboot. Gene preparing for the season on an individual plan. To say how it will look in the end, probably nobody can. So I would advise everyone, including myself, have patience (smiles).
- Today, Plushenko will be released on the ice?
- He wants to ride. I repeat: Eugene adjusted very seriously. Well, and how it all turns out ... Let's wait a little bit!
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 3h
Evgeni Plushenko: "There's no way back" (translated interview by @00LT) http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&p=79802#p79802 great interview again
His comments on the other Russian men are true but whoa! That is some major brutality!!
Do you think???
" Right now I don't see that any of our guys showed anything extraordinary. Yes, some of them can jump, but besides that there's also skating skills, spins, charisma, Men-style choreography, etc. For now, I haven't seen it yet in 'one package'. But the fact that all participants of Test Skate- Maxim Kovtun, Artur Gachinsky, Sergei Voronov, could do quads- is really cool! They could pull themselves together and showed a very good skating. Maxim Kovtun really developed as a skater. It's very noticable. He can do two different quads, he got consistency and confidence. Good work! I was impressed by Sergei Voronov as well. He did 4T-3T and 3A perfectly well. Artur jumped quad successfully, before he had troubles with it, but at Test Skate- he did it. But if you ask me about the general impression, then none of our guys' skatings were that outstanding. There are much better skaters of high class in figure skating world, but they all live overseas and do not represent Russia."
He said what he was thinking, I'm used to it. The Russians most of cases, they say what they think .. Plush also has received a lot of criticism in the past, and I'm sure he will receive it.
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 5h
(russian textbook of English language for 3rd grade - Plushenko & Isinbayeva, among others RT @s_bezrukov: http://instagram.com/p/d_hbtJFrpP/#
Plushy will be criticized, no matter what he says.
IMO he is brutally honest when he says (I am paraphrasing) none of the Russian men match up with the top skaters in the world. As we witnessed at the last several worlds, he is correct.
Yeah no happy faced cheerleading for the sake of the home team there!! By it's the only way things are going to change and there be some success in the men's program again. Not blind optimism as has been shown with kovtun! Just blind optimism and thinking he can go from jrgpf to worlds!!
I still have hopes for Gachinski after the 2014 Olympics.
He does have lots of potential and I would like him to put his skating in the hands of the best all around coaches.
Me too. I'm even more hopeful now that it's come out that he's so happy with the program Buttle gave him and that it was him, and not his coach or choreographers, who chose the Anna Karenina music. If Artur is starting to take control of his artistic choices then that points towards a bright future.
Sorry to pose probably a stupid question but is Plushy scheduled to compete at an international before Russian Nationals? And if so, which one? Thanks
Cup of Russia, Grand Prix event to be held in Moscow.
First start for Plushenko in the Olympic season will be the tournament "Volvo Open Cup" in Latvia (07-10.11.) More details about ISU event http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=320&p=79799#p79799
Plushy's quad on today's training: "nastyjustdoit: Sochi Olympic Park http://instagram.com/p/d_pihLMON4/#
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 8 Sep
(russian textbook of English language for 3rd grade - Plushenko & Isinbayeva, among others RT @s_bezrukov: http://instagram.com/p/d_hbtJFrpP/#
Plushy's interview in the German magazine "Pirouette" http://www.pirouette-online.de/product_info.php?info=p137_Nr--7-September-2013.html
"Here he mainly speaks about difficulties he had to deal with after the operation, like pain and health issues. He even wanted to give up but Mishin and Yana helped him to reconsider. Now he is doing well and ready to compete. He says it's good that it all happened at Europeans-2013. Otherwise he wouldn't have done the surgery and who knows, the same incident could have happened at more important events.
About SP he says that the prog is "his": "All movements go from within, from inside me- emotions, sufferings, love- i.e. something that I know well and can express well, I think."
About LP, the info about the music that it's gonna be used in Medley is a little different than it was announced in media before- Nijinsky with Roxanne showed up, no Tosca and no Amore. The list mentioned here is : Scheherazade (*the music was used in Nijinsky- LT), Nijinsky, The Godfather, Adagio, El Tango de Roxanne.
Both SP and LP were choreographed by Maxim Staviski and David Avdysh."
I am sorry he's not using Tango Amore, since I think that was music composed especially for him (or at least, I had not heard it used by anyone else until a BLR pair this year), but I'm happy he's paying homage to my favorite program, Nizhinsky.
there's a live stream video feed for the comp.
Mishin said 99% that Plu will skate in Riga (Volvo Cup). He needs to get tech minimum for Oly: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130911/686029283.html awesome pic on Plu and Mishin...
Why isn't he using St Petersburg 300?
If I were Plushenko I wouldn't underestimate Kovtun. I'm positive that if for any reason Plushenko's skating shows some weakness, Kovtun will skate at the Olympics. Evgeni has to prepare extremely well and win RN and Euros.
I didn't take his comment as such that he was underestimating Kovtun, but moreso saying that he is not quite yet top 5 in the world material. He did acknowledge Maxim's improvement, but also realizes that he could use further improvement and if you want to be the best, you have to keep working to get better and never stop improving. I think Evgeni is honest about the current state of Russian men's figure skating and he wants to challenge them to climb higher up the ranks by improving their weaknesses.
Part from interview of famous German figure skater Katarina Witt... http://www.itogi.ru/exclusive/2013/37/193944.html
On the blade of skates
- I'm really rooting for Evgeni Plushenko: I want him to go to a third (fourth :mi_ga_et: ) Olympics - it would have animated viewers, and made competition more vivid. Zhenya's skating , his ideas, the ability to keep the room always give the impression of a miracle. It is a pity that the Russian single skaters is not now in the top five in the world. This is what happens, when talented young people following the footsteps of legendary skaters such as, Irina Slutskaya and Evgeni Plushenko, but to reach the masters level, it takes years .
- How to prepare future champions?
- They need to work, one the order of magnitude larger, than the other. I trained for seven or eight hours a day, and did not consider myself a victim. Preparing for the Olympics is the chamber process, when you create around self a protective cocoon. Look at Plushenko: a few months before the Games, he even does not give interviews. Not because he treated badly the press. I'm sure that Plushenko is already now concentrated. Especially because younger rivals breathe in the back of the head, and the audience are waiting for surprises and usually support dark horses.
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 22h
RT @yanarudkovskaya: I love such his emotions!) http://instagram.com/p/eS5PltlSFA/#
Mike Wise ‏@MikeWiseguy 6h
@dchesnokov There is only great ambassador for the Games. Everyone else is secondary. Plushenko.
Retweeted by Plushenko News_Eng
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 15 Sep
Plushenko will maybe attend at Open rehearsal for "Opera on Ice" - 26.09.2013, 15:00 in Padua http://www.2001team.com/padova/?PalaGhiaccio&PHPSESSID=f29d9b45b1c3eeed3d60d2e1d9cec9e9
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 14 Sep
Plushenko will participate in show "Opera on ice" (Russian) - 04.10.2013 in St. Petersburg http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=182&p=79839#p79839
IMO Kovtun should not be sent to the Olympics unless he decisively beats Plushenko and Gachinski at the Russian nationals, and skates consistently well (at least a bronze each time) in the GPs. It was his inability to deliver at the 2013 worlds that cost Russia another spot at the 2014 Olympics. However, I put the blame for this squarely on the shoulder of his fed.
On the ladies side, I would apply the same criteria to the two ladies that would make the team. Adelina and Liza did not deliver in 2013. They should have to earn their spots for the Olympics. They have a much tougher competition than Kovtun though.
Actually he also could earn the technical minimum score at the Grand Prix Cup of Russia. But obviously it is better to plan two competitions so he has more than one shot if he falls sick or gets injured and cannot compete.
I hope he does not plan to skate in Riga and skip COR. He has to test his programs and body as much as possible before Sochi.
I agree and I'm afraid that RF may break the rules again and send him despite the reasults at Nationals and Euros, in case that Plushenko is not able to compete, of course. In my opinion RF should assign the spot only to a skater who has good results in both national and international competitions this season.
I hope Plushy's skate will be great, and unquestionably the best, then the RF can't do anything. But Plushy said if he won't be in perfect shape, he won't go to Sochi, because he wants to best for Russian team. And Kovtun can beat Plush, if Plushy isn't in perfect shape.
Yes, smart idea.
Plush didn't underestimate Kovtun, he praised him, but he knows the reality about the Russian's and the World's men skating.
Ari Zakarian Plushy's agent and friend http://www.golosarmenii.am/ru/20446/sports/29116/
- How's Plushenko? Does he skate in Sochi?
- Evgeni suffered a serious back surgery. He is a very gifted man, stubborn and single-minded. If he will take part in the Games in Sochi, it will be a sporting feat. Will to win? I do not want to think.
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 8h
(Russian newspaper "Plushenko: My wife has promised to give birth to one more child") "@yanarudkovskaya: I confirm!) http://instagram.com/p/eWlMqxFSM4/#
From summer training into the season: Alexei Mishin's training camps
"Then the air became electric - Evgeni Plushenko was starting one of his first practice sessions at the Tartu camp. During the training he concentrated on the triple axel. He also used the harness system from time to time and hit more than six of them in a row. He practiced spins as well and did a run through of his short program to the music “Taka jak ty” by the Ukrainian band Okean Elzy. After a few days he started to prepare for his long program with Maxim Staviski and Edvald Smirnov, a ballet choreographer who has created some of Plushenko’s previous programs. "
I am getting goosebumps just reading this-
I hope if they are international competitions they aren't junior! Just senior! It was obvious Kovtun had big big trouble getting used to senior skates. Makarova was different because she adapted quick! She won Senior nationals for 2010. Good results in senior only!-
Plushenko is preparing for the Sochi Olympics in St. Petersburg http://www.metronews.ru/novosti/plj...limpiade-v-peterburge/Tpomis---GRisraM8Dmoo2/
photos and this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ3Waf2kfCU part of his new SP
RT @00LT: Highlights of the recent interview with Plushenko: http://www.kp.ru/daily/26135.3/3025508/ many photos
Plu was living in a sport camp together with Team Russia in Sochi for 5 days a week. For two days- with his family there.
"I miss my family very much, Sasha, Yana, boys, Egor. No medals, money or fame can be more important to me than family."- Plushenko.
"I want Sasha to be an athlete too. Engaged either in ice-hockey, soccer, golf or tennis."- Plu.
"There won't be any figure skaters in our family anymore. NO."- Zhenya. (Even the Olympic champion doesn't wish their kids to have anything to do with corrupted ISU- LT).
"If my ex-wife allows, I hope Egor will be able to come to Sochi Oly to support me."- Plu. (She will be too stupid to do otherwise- LT).
"Girlie, you are wrong. Girl, wait a litlle." Mishin to Yana. (Kawaiiii!!!!!!!!!!- LT) ( "Plushenko: My wife has promised to give birth to one more child") "@yanarudkovskaya: I confirm!) http://instagram.com/p/eWlMqxFSM4/#)
Plu said agan he had jumped 4Lutz at practice. His Oly costumes will be designed by Valentin Yudashkin.
He feels much better now and he expressed his gratitude to RusFed and doctors who are taking care of him.
RT @chihiRomangaart: @EvgeniPlushenko @yanarudkovskaya Happy Wedding Anniversary♡、。:*:・`♥*。・:*:・`♡:*:`♥* http://t.co/9Cqz40GQ8S
Nice interview. I hope he does not go for the quad lutz. IIRC that was the jump that caused him an injury long ago, and it did not heal quickly. He was battling - possibly the same injury- in the 2003 season.
I am disappointed that he does not want his children to be figure skaters. Of course it will be tough for them to live up to the legacy of their father.
Separate names with a comma.