Plushenko: Chan Does Not Deserve World Title

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Mar 20, 2013.

1. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Others talk of chan being overscored in some kind of vacuum or say it's just the judges! Why are judges overscoring. Maybe Canada fed!

2. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I'm not "harping on anything", I'm stating facts . Oda got a 5 for transitions in the short program. Look at the official record.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/owg2010/owg10_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

3. caseyedwards

That does not compare to plushenkos two 5.00's. Only one in the top 20 to get that. Plushenko wishes he got odas transition score.

4. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Plushenko's just preparing the groundwork for the whining when he doesn't win the OGM in Sochi.

5. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Plushenko scored 90.82 in the short program in Vancouver. Exactly how much higher do the Plushenko ubers think he should have been scored? His scores for transitions are in line with what he presented in the program that night. He admitted himself after 2010 Euros that he did not have transitions in his program, because he was all about the jumps. How anyone can argue that he was overscored in Vancouver is beyond me.

That said, I agree with him, Denis Ten should have won Worlds last week. My thoughts, since Friday night, have been that if Patrick Chan skates this messily in Sochi and defeats a clean Plushenko for gold; then the Russian Olympic Committee and the Russian Skating federation are going to raise absolute hell over the results.

Patrick frankly needs a jump coach, and he needs to pace himself next season so he does not peak at Canadian Nationals as it seems to me he typically does.

6. caseyedwards

The judges were supposed to be judging what was on the ice and he was the only one in the top 20 to get 2 5.00 's. He brought Joubert into his comment and Joubert didn't get two 5.00. Plushenko was underscored in the way that judges went out of their way to go under the corridor they set for him to give him 2 5.00's and one 6.00. acting like Oda was treated the same way but that's wrong. 7 plus was seen as right for plushenko based on what he did and not a comment from january. Actually arguing that a comment from euros was right criteria to judge plushenko in Vancouver is not acceptable to me.

7. ChelleC

My point in bringing up Plushenko's post-Euros remarks is to say he is the one who brought major attention to the fact that he did not have transitions in his programs. The the two 5.00's and the 6.00 are proof that those judges were judging what was happening on the ice in Vancouver.

Cyn and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Eyre

Eyre New Member

Maybe?! As an anonymous internet poster, you may be irresponsible for what you've written. But as a famous skater, Plushenko may not. He cannot accuse something without evidence. It was an attack, not only to Patrick Chan, or the judges! Of course everyone has the right to state their own opinion. But to state this way?!:yikes: I'm very disappointed that Plushenko has sliped down so low!:scream: He could have said that the judging system has a big problem that needs to be addressed and changed without hinting Canadian Federation politicking which, I'm sure, he has no knowledge nor evidence!

9. overedge

:rolleyes: Please, you didn't say anything about getting more than one 5 until you were called out on the "no skater lower than 20" assertion. The comparison is to what you said, which was that Plushenko got a 5 for transitions and the next skater to get a 5 was ranked lower than 20. You're wrong.

10. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

He accomplished his purpose. We're all talking about him, which no-one did during the actual competition. Score 1 for Plushenko.

11. caseyedwards

And no one else deserved two 5.00's in the whole top 20? Everyone else in the top 10 and 20 was greater? Including weir who got a 3 from Inman a us nationals? He didn't get two 5.00 at the Olympics.

He didn't say he could provide proof just his experience as a skater for so long. Where do all the people who are saying he was overscored think the overscoring is coming from. At lest he went a little more specific than others. And other famous skaters too.

It was always a part of the point! You see two 5.00 with plushenko and don't see it again until Anton kovalseski in 21st place. You can't say two 5.00 appear until after 20th place. You think oda proves your point and me wrong but its all in the protocol.

12. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Facts! :blah:

Not to mention that the protocols clearly show that there was a skater in the Top Twenty who got a 4.75 for Transitions from one judge. :shuffle:

13. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Yep, I do. Under the old system, Russian federation seemed to have some power over some judges but under the new system, Skate Canada seems to have that over them.

14. caseyedwards

Obviously it's there but what does it say that two 5.00 doesn't happen again until below 21st??

15. caseyedwards

When some people were commenting on kovtun he was mentioned but I doubt attention grabbing is his whole mission with this.

16. MissIzzy

MissIzzy Active Member

I thought it was all about the quad, Plushy! Chan did do two quads to Ten's one(and if the tariff hadn't been raised thanks to your temper tantrum, Ten probably would've won!)
    Coming from Plushenko, these words are downright wrong.

17. michaelfsfan

michaelfsfan Princess Glee (TM)

9,9909.18, give or take a few points. :p

Really and (deleted member) like this.
  18. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

Chan completed 2 quads, one in combination perfectly, Ten only did 1. Sour grapes.

19. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

I love Plushy. Biggest ego in the world.

20. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

That was my first post in this thread.
    I didn't say that I don't personally care; the use of "we" was to represent just people in general.

I asked if he had watched it, because many times, people make comments without having even seen any video let alone the competition. They rely, instead, on the opinions of others who may or may have been there, watched video.

For those who are counting (and apparently not very well) this is my second and what I plan to be my last, post in this.particular.thread.

21. tkaug

tkaug Member

I really hope the way skaters score PCS will change.
    A skater should not receive good marks on all the 5 components just because he or she has good skating skiils.
    Chan is not the best skater at all in terms of chreography and interpretation which he scored the best of all men.

22. overedge

It says that two judges thought his transitions were terrible.

And as you conveniently keep ignoring, there were other skaters between #2 and #20 who were getting 5s as well. So the two 5s for Plushy were not out of range.

23. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Damn that skating while Canadian advantage...

:rolleyes:

24. overedge

Did I miss when Plushy competed at US Nationals? What a judge gave Weir at US Nationals has less than nothing to do with what any judge gave Plushy at the Olympics.

25. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Thank you for being the voice of reason.

Exactly. He was a soar loser for losing to Lysacek in 2010 when it was his own fault to have not skated well and milked the system enough. He has as much credibility on this subject as Leonova had criticising Kostner's programs.

In fact, from my own scoring he wouldn't have medalled in 2010.

26. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

I guess this just shows that posters with similar user names can disagree 100%. :shuffle:

:rofl: :rofl: judgejudy comes through with more comedy relief. Sure, there is a very loud minority that feels this way. Not sure how you got to "pretty much everyone" though.

Honestly, Plushenko's complaints about Skate Canada are fairly ridiculous. Someone needs to learn to read protocols.

27. ChelleC

Mine either, I believe I had him in 5th place.

28. ice9

ice9 Active Member

I personally don't have a problem with Chan's winning (though I wouldn't have if Ten had won either), but I think Chan really needs a convincing win to be considered as one of the greatest of the sport. Yes, I know he's had spectacular performances here and there, but he has to do it more often. You can say whatever you like about Plushenko, like zero choreo, zero transitions, or big ego etc., but at least he's won without dispute many times.
    Chan definitely has the goods. All he has to do is deliver. I hope it happens in Sochi.

29. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

The only comedy are the minority of Chantards so stupid like yourself that think only the minority feels that way. :rofl: :rofl: Something so extreme that even journalists and the skater himself feels he needs to weigh in and defend himself, and that is a minority causing that, ROTFL!! You attempt to speak of me but really speak of yourself, as you are the real comedy relief around here, and what is special about you is that you dont even need to try at it, it just happens naturally while trying to pass off your so called knowledge on something.

Domshabfan and (deleted member) like this.
  30. overedge

judgejudy27, you're going to hurt yourself :rofl:ing so much.

Why not sit up like an adult and accept that just because you have a certain opinion, that doesn't mean the rest of the world agrees with you.