Plushenko: Chan Does Not Deserve World Title

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Mar 20, 2013.

1. GoGreen

GoGreen New Member

And yet you keep posting in this thread, not an effective way to show that you don't care.

2. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Come on, how can expressing his opinion is going to hurt Plushnko? He will compete on home ice in Sochi.

Chan's win at 2012 Worlds that allegedly caused "one of the biggest scandals" in figure skating happened in France, not Canada.

I wish Virtue and Moir had enjoyed the same treatment from the judges as Patrick Chan for competing on home ice. If you can make some mistakes and still win, V/M should have won the entire competition but instead of that they didn't even win the free dance where they were quite flawless IMO.

3. lala

lala Well-Known Member

You was the person, who wrote yesturday, that Plushy admires Chan..yes? Plushy admires Chan today too, but he has an opinion about WCH, like have the other skaters and experts.

He came from Israel two days ago, and I'm sure he has watched the programs on Youtube. He always has opinion about the competitions.
    The other things what you wrote are ridiculous :))) read Casey's 54th post :))

4. Eyre

Eyre New Member

If I were you, I wouldn't be talking this way. Save some face for your beloved skater, will ya?! ...As if your beloved skater doesn't have untouchable tiger tail...:rolleyes:

5. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Oh, there we go, when he loses in Sochi he can blame Skate Canada politicking if and when Chan finishes ahead of him, he's just trying to establish precedence. (Sarcasm, people, sarcasm! Though I cannot see how Plushenko will even medal. If he makes it there, I will happy just not seeing him permanently cripple himself on international television.)

It's the same (okay, a tad worse) than Johnny saying how after watching US Nationals he would have placed well. Tacky, sounds like sour grapes of some kind, hardly the worst thing anyone's every said. It's just a bit more tacky coming from someone who's ostensibly competition. Last time I looked, Todd was retired and Christina is in the womens' event. And I don't think any of them said that Chan only won because of Skate Canada working on his behalf.

6. GoGreen

GoGreen New Member

Honestly, I think the same should be said to you. Where is that "Holier than thou" attitude come from?

7. lala

lala Well-Known Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

9. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

The only reason why V&M did not win free dance (and overall) because they were not flawless. Their FD performance was their best on of the season but not entirely. There were moments where they were not polished , yet still their score was (rightfully imo) very high.

Americans were flawless and seems so me they can win if they are flawless and V&M make (tiny) mistakes.

As far as Plushenko, well I wish I could not predict his statements....

10. lala

lala Well-Known Member

11. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I guess Pluschenko noticed no one was missing him in London so needed to tweet to remind us he's still around?

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  12. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

I agree with Plushenko 100%.

13. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Oh, that's right. When he did compete under IJS, e.g. at the Olympics, his programs with no transitions *didn't* win. Silly me, how could I have forgotten that?

14. overedge

Do you agree that Skate Canada influenced the outcome too?

15. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

2006 IJS was assumed so that is when.

16. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

:lynch:

17. plushyta

plushyta New Member

Oh, how i like, when someone write (on behalf of all): "no one" :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------

Here are part from today's longer Plushy's interview for russian newspaper...
    http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&start=2260#p78272
    - Leaders in single men skating is better in the year?
    - Yes, there was even few sensations. In particular, 2nd place of Denis Ten. He is originally from Kazakhstan, but recently him prepared a wonderful coach Frank Carroll, who were engaged with Olympic champion Evan Lysacek and other famous skaters. So, Ten skated very well. As for the world leader Patrick Chan, I liked his short program, but free has disappointed me. Javier Fernandez, on the contrary, was third, well skated free program. But still, I was filled with great respect to Brian Joubert. A real man! In his 28 years, he well skated short, then free program - did two quads. I expected the judges for this performance will put him higher. I am surprised with Daisuke Takahashi. I thought he would be among winners. So, there was happened a lot of surprises.

18. overedge

WTF? He lost at the Olympics in 2010.

19. caseyedwards

This is where that is from and what you wrote! I just assumed you were talking about 2006 which triggered the Inman score him at zero for transitions video

20. plushyta

plushyta New Member

Lost, because he's got a lower scores for a short program (than he deserved) ... unlike Chan at Worlds 2013 - who got more...

21. caseyedwards

Yeah he got fives in Vancouver Which wasn't seen seen again until below 20th place. Judges gave him 5.0 for transitions so he was scored below everyone else in the top 20!! A top 20 that had others with minimal transitions!

22. lala

lala Well-Known Member

"no one"??? Really? Yesterday he had 100.000 followers on twitter..In this moment he has 100.353..maybe some people from them missed him....

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  23. Eyre

Eyre New Member

Maybe brought out by the haters?!:confused::shuffle:

I actually don't have a skater that I constantly devoting myself to like lala.;)

24. lala

lala Well-Known Member

I'm Plushy's über, but I also adore the figure skating. ;) I watched it in my whole life.. And that is absolute irrelevant what you think about me. You don't know me, and in this forum needed a Plushy über..

25. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Transitions were only one part of PCS, and how many skaters that skated under 6.0 most of their lives made a sudden switch to add transitions before the jumps?

A lot of Plushenko's high scores came from delivering the program with confidence, and whether you agree or not, expressing the music. He did have exciting footwork. He was no Takahashi in that area, but still pretty good.

I am glad that transitions are getting credit now, but when a skater falls due to transitions, that's not worthy of high marks.

26. overedge

Here's what he got for transitions in the short:
    7.50 7.50 5.00 8.00 7.50 7.75 5.00 6.00

and in the long:
    8.75 6.00 8.00 8.75 6.00 6.50 7.25 7.25

Oda, who was fourth in the short, also got a 5. So no, those marks "weren't seen again until below 20th place". And several other skaters in the Top 10 also got 6s, 7.5, and 8s.

27. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Plushy is entitled to voice his opinion, just as Chan has on many occasions on a variety of subjects. A controversial win is going to spark a lot of debate; it's par for the course.

28. caseyedwards

Oda got one 5.75 plushenko got two 5.00 you did not see 5.00 until below 20th!! Rather than be happy that plushenko was the only one in the top 20 to get 5.00 you still harp on his scores not being low enough!! He got low horrendous scores in the sp! And it was not just in pcs but goe. He was royally hosed in the sp and was of on par with people who would not even make the lp by some judges. No one was treated so harshly in the whole men's event. No he needed zeroes!! 5.00 was not low enough!! And the next lowest was almost a full point higher!

29. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

*sigh* So, Plushenko offers a common opinion, speaks of something that apparently ~should not be spoken of~ (the politiking), and of course, he's the big bad evil villain.

Oh, and we're back to Vancouver. He's over it, so can everyone else be, please?

30. caseyedwards

I was trying to view his skating from people who don't like him! He's very good and I agree with what you write but like where is Inman and others coming from and what would there solution be. This whole focus on transitions like it's Tes and pcs and s third category transitions! If you don't like the sweeping across the board sameness of pcs marks say that! Apply it to everybody !!