Plushenko’s Coach Slams Skating Judges

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

I'm a Mao fan -she's been my favourite lady for quite some time - and thought she won unfairly, especially after rewatching Akiko's performance. But it's good for the sport, if at least some people can defend the victory.

But I too don't like to see her win that way. In general I just worry for her, she's worked so hard to redo her technique, but I fear she has passed her peak.

2. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

I am a little worried too, but I read an interview of coach Sato on Mao forum, he said they have been working a lot lately on her speed in and out the jumps. He was explaining how higher speed is more difficult to control and if something goes a little wrong the body reaction is to pop the jump. So at least from this interview it looked like Mao's problems at this competition were caused by specific changes they are working on right now. If these are not just excuses, but the true explanation, we might see Mao with faster and bigger jumps sometimes this season. But we'll see I guess if this plan works.

3. unicorn

unicorn Member

The latter story not only came from Mishin. ;)I am inclined to think that this is as true as the one says Yagudin almost broke his neck during the 4A practice. They used some kind of harness during the practice for your information, that thing can protect the athletes when the jumps are failed. Besides Yagudin was one of Mishin's most promising skaters by that time, he even hoped he could win in 1998 Nagano, thinking he would take the risk of breaking his neck just makes as much sense as sending Plushenko to Nagano instead of Yagudin. :p

4. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

The "good result" was that he didn't actually break his neck after all?

5. Glacier cat

Glacier cat New Member

Kurt Browning also raised a concern about Mao's winning on his CBC podcast after NHK trophy. But nobody bash him. I think FSU people should understand the translation is not 100% correct. It lacks a lot of nuance and never reflects the gap of culture.

6. Glacier cat

Glacier cat New Member

Yagudin also made some dramas, in other words mistakes, on his autobiography. But I don't deny what Yagudin believes. Because it means at least how he sees things such way.
    However you are not a character of the story of between Yagudin and Mishin. Please add "I think" before your delusions.

I basically try to post the actual articles or remarks.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  7. unicorn

unicorn Member

What are you trying to say? Agree with me on some dramas were created by Mishin? We don't have a problem then. I have said enough, believe whatever you want to believe.

8. winterchik

winterchik Member

Mishin would agree with you .That was very highly marked shit,which means it was pre judged

9. Glacier cat

Glacier cat New Member

3 years old gap was NOT "little age difference". Plushy in 2000-2002 was not 30 or 40. He was 17-19 then. Look at Hanyu and Chan. They have 4 years difference though, you can't say 4 years is "big age difference" but 3 years is NOT "big age difference". 3 or 4 years age difference is a big gap in physically, in mentally, in life, at that age. If you believe Yagudin's talent, you should understand Plushy was a strong competitor for Yags.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  10. Glacier cat

Glacier cat New Member

No way. I meant you don't have to believe anything what Yagudin said. If Yagudin said "Mishin makes a drama", you don't have to believe it.

It is hard to communicate with a person who can not be objective. You easily believe anything what Yagudin said but cannot even understand what Mishin or Plushy said. Even if I post an article, you refuse and write what Yagudin said. Maybe you just want to beat someone on the internet forum?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  11. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

They both created the dramas because their relationship wasn't great, everybody knows it. You act like they should have forced themselves to be BFF. How many coaches and skaters split because of incompatibility? I think you are too stuck in a past which doesn't matter anymore.

12. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge Mao fan and have always thought her PCS were way overmarked although she has pretty good speed and edges when she wants to...and deceptive power. I remember noting not one transitional move in the back half of her 2007 worlds LP. Since then she has developed and added more non-element content to her program. This long is very appropriate for her, but embodies why the sport is sort of stalling outside of Japan. Traditional music and while the program is more CoP friendly vs what she's done in the past, I find the choreo outside of the step sequence rather ordinary and not terribly difficult to execute.

The LP isn't "8s" to me...mid to high 7s tops. She got lucky with a nearly 10 pt lead on Suzuki going into the LP and no other threats behind her. Nagasu maybe, but the judges are too hung up on dinging her for nit picky TES items to give her the 120 pts she deserves. She was able to ride her strong SP and PCS in LP to victory. Makes enough sense on paper. Just doesn't feel right in the gut watching that performance.

13. unicorn

unicorn Member

Interesting people, I am not the one brought Yagudin's name in. I am not the one first went back to the 1998 or 1999, and I am not the only one discussed all this with great enthusiasm, I got the tag for sticking in the past? I feel guilty for that, why don't you put it on yourself? I was amused when I saw some people kept them busy to put tags on other posters, such as you hate someone, you love someone blah blah.

14. unicorn

unicorn Member

I judge it by statistics, whatever drama it was, the statistics showed me it's a joke. Before you post the link, I thought these Plushy fans were crazy, after you post the link, I thought, ok, it's not their fault, see, I am very objective. :D

15. unicorn

unicorn Member

They not only have an age difference, they have different coaches, different understanding of figure skating, focused on different things of a program, even different level of political supporting. Yes, of course I understand that age difference is huge. 1998 WC, even a physically compromised Yagudin did not make up that difference. And in 2002 too, for four years trained by a non-technical coach still did not close that gap. And I never said Plushenko was a strong or not strong competitor for Yags, please don't make it like I said something.

16. lala

lala Well-Known Member

I'm not crazy, plus I have many exact informations about Plush. And I'm not lying, because I want to win over a Yagudin fan.:p I noticed, the Yag's fans are hateful towards Plush, and not vica versa.;)

17. unicorn

unicorn Member

:p:p

18. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

Double :p:p because I'm a fan of both! Plushyags rules, haters gonna hate!:EVILLE:

misskarne and (deleted member) like this.
  19. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

Me too!

Although I believe the technical term is "Yagsplush"?