Plushenko’s Coach Slams Skating Judges

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Nov 26, 2012.

1. lala

lala Well-Known Member

OK. I like Johnny , too :) And I like his Swan in Torino. :) Plushenko had bad Sp in Torino? He got 91,...points and Plushy's not too big fans,the NBC commentators didn't say any bad things about it, and they said about footwork this is the best in new system....

2. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

There's no bias against Russians from North American audiences. That's bullshit. B/S did get crucified in the media after SLC but they still got warm receptions at shows and appearances after.

I never said they booed Plushenko (though he did get booed when he was an asshat on the podium). I said that the response was lukewarm because someone said that he ALWAYS receives standing ovations and audiences ALWAYS love him. Lambiel, Takahashi, and Lysacek received much more enthusiastic responses.

Though the whole idea that audience appreciation is somehow an indication of PCS marks is ridiculous.

3. lala

lala Well-Known Member

4. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Was you in Vancouver?

5. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

I was there.

6. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

I wasn't in Vancouver but this is the point I was making. Audience appreciation is certainly of value in its own right but it is not a proxy for judges marks.

7. lala

lala Well-Known Member

I'm envious, of course :) On the gala or the competitons?

8. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

Just the men's free ;)

9. lala

lala Well-Known Member

:eek:

10. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

So how do you define "skate well"? What if someone else defines it differently. That's where the disagreements come in.

11. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

:watch:

12. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

In 1998 and 1999 the field was weak, Yagudin had no competition for gold after Kulik's retirement, I don't understand why people think skating was so exciting back them, for two or three years Yagudin could easily win with a decent skate.

13. unicorn

unicorn Member

Probably same thing as Plushenko when he got his first world bronze medal with 3 hard falls in a relatively weak competition, his fans are so proud of him, keep saying he's a male version of Tara Lipinski, and then when talk about the competitions between Yagudin and him, they keep saying that oh, he's 3 years younger than Yagudin(actually less than 3 years), LOL :cool:

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. unicorn

unicorn Member

And remind you, he's not weak at all, he's 17, first time went to the Olympics, but he's a gold medal contender. He only lost because of the politics and a health issue. :cool:

15. unicorn

unicorn Member

And I'm not talking about all these to make others believe that Yagudin is the ultimate boss. Every skater has their own way of greatness, no one is the ultimate winner of everything in the universe.

16. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

Yagudin lost because of politics?:huh:
    Nevermind, we're offtopic anyway, Yagudin has nothing to do with PCS or Asada's win. I don't even know how did his name appear here. :confused:

17. lala

lala Well-Known Member

You don't know, the Russian Federation wanted to enter for the Oly Plushy, not Yag in 1998. But Mishin said Yag is the next. I really don't understand you, nobody wants belittle Yagudin greatness, but you are always harsh on Plush.
    But i think Kulik was the winner in 1998. And anybody says I'm the uber ?:p

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  18. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

:confused: How are politics the reason he didn't win in SLC? Did the judges somehow magically make him fall on his planned combo jump in the SP? :p

19. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I think unicorn was talking about Yagudin in Nagano.

20. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link to the article. Interesting comments from the great Mishin.

But nothing compared to the posts and comments regarding Plushy in this thread.
    Is ESTER back? :watch:

21. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

Im glad the judges were biased towards Mao. About time they favoured one of my favourites!

More cheating for Mao!

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  22. Glacier cat

Glacier cat Member

You still have been hurt by the fact that Yagudin was struggling with a 3 years younger rival when God was 20 - 22, peak age in general? Oh..

By the way, I don't want to say this, but I do, because you howl like a mad to say how you believe Yagudin could do anything better than Plush even if he had an inborn problem. I really feel sorry he had a problem but you should accept it was his limit of talent. Or you believe Stephen Hawking could win Olympics if he had a healthy body? No. Problem is fate. The same as limit of talent. And his pain in the hip joint became serious was from the season of 2001-2002. Not since 1980 or 1998.

And you believe Plushy was a male Lipinski. So what do you think about his European silver medal at age 15 and World silver medal at age 16? Do you think there was no competitors? Only a year later, he became a serious competitor? Oh that's a great talent.
    If Plushy won only once like Gachinski, I could understand your point. But Plushy is doing great since he made senior debut.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  23. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Has anyone yet defended Mao's FS marks at NHK? I didn't read through the entire thread on the NHK forum but from I saw, there only one very mildly defensive post of her. I usually listen to informed arguments both pro and con a skater's marks. But this to me was one of the more clear wuzgifted skates. Poor Mao looked totally embarrassed.

However, it has no bearing on Plush's placement in 2010.

24. lala

lala Well-Known Member

No matter. Unicorn is the only way he can be happy. If In any thread we write about Plushy, Unicorn appears, and speaks about Yagudin: he is far better as Plushy..Funny...

25. lala

lala Well-Known Member

I love, love , love Mao. I adore his LP!!!! But in this case Akiko was robbed..

26. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Who said anything about Plush's placement in 2010?

27. Glacier cat

Glacier cat Member

Oh, you quoted my first post. So, my effort to make my post more polite doesn't work anymore! Lol

I see. Maybe he/she lives still in SLC era.

28. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Perhaps I assumed wrongly - I thought Mishin's comments were connected, at least by implication, with the view that Plush wuzrobbed in 2010.

29. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

No, Mishins's comments have nothing to do with Plushenko, but threads without Plushenko are boring so people have to mention him all the time. :lol::plush::watch::watch::watch:

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  30. unicorn

unicorn Member

Oops, seems someone got hurt too. :p To tell you the truth, I was deeply hurt by the fact that Yagudin struggled to win one OGM and four World titles before his hip got totally damaged(If that makes you happier). I know that little age difference relieved your pain greatly in 2002 and it seems you still need that. And I know you certainly have tons of other excuses. Usually, the more excuses someone looks for, deeper the wound was. ;)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012