Pluschenko's open letter for supoprt (whine here now)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by TAHbKA, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/74356853.html
    I tried to keep the original style. The full of passion and idiocy

Olympic Champion Evgeni Pluschenko wrote an open letter to his fans.

"After all the injuries and surgeries, the divorse and a terrible lack of support I came back after 4 years. It's not only about the comeback - we need to know what are you doing it for - all the suffering, all the injections and the new injuries. I didn't have any questions. I skated only for me. For my country, for my family and for my coach

I felt powerful. I knew I could overcome the pain. I was fighting with the weight like with my worse enemy. Together with Mishin and the team we won the Russian championship, the Europeans. Don't think I overestimate myself, I think I didn't lose the Olympics either. No one can convinse me otherwise, and thsoe who try can recall all my quads and the other jumps that the rivals did and whcih were enough to become the first. I do not blame anyone but there should be a sense of justice.

The lack of judges among some of the judges killed me. Am not going to confess, but now, when the Olympics excitemen is behind me, believe me, only just, I can see and realize I let my emotions go. Perhaps in some of the interviews and shows I was overwhelmed by the emotions. But I was in such a great pain - the physical pain combined with the mental. I was really hurt.

Among the people to blame for my defeat are not only the judges, but also people who for many years supported me through the years, even my relatives. I mean the president of the Russian Skating Federation Piseev, the poeple from the federation. They took some of my words with a grain of salt, and I wish to tell them here, to forget all I said under the influence of thsoe emotions and resume the collaboration.

I am sure that the new president of the federation, the Olympic Champion Alexandr Gorshkov understands me. The ISU denied me participating the competitions. But I know the last word in figure skating is not yet said. I keep working fully with Mishin, I keep the weight and the regime. I train. I am still part of the national team. But it's not the most important. Most importantly - I want to represent my country.

I am sure I can help the Russian Federation with which I always had good relationship - to win a medal and perhaps a medal in Sochi. I came back not only to skate for a season or two. I dream of participating the Olympics at home. And unlike Baron Pierre de Cuberten (I might had misspelled) I have my reason - not only to participate, but to win. At least I swear, don't judge me for the writing style, to give everything I have for the winning.
  2. Norlite

Norlite New Member

3. museksk8r

museksk8r Well-Known Member

Plushy Power! :cheer:

Let the venom spewing begin in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . !!!:scream:
  4. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Well-Known Member

I love Plush. I really do. But he is going to permanently cripple himself if he keeps competing, and he needs to retire and do shows.
  5. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

Very manly act indeed, what he openly said about Pissev.

Plush, Go!!!!!!:plush::plush::plush::plush::plush:

Actually, it's somehow funny to see how those who say "whine," start whining themselves.
  6. ciocio

ciocio New Member

7. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

:rofl:

I'm totally against restrictions on who can compete, on age limits, on forcing skaters to take part in the GP, and banning them from earning cash instead... it's a free world, and if the best skater in the world is 12, skating in holiday on ice on a cruise ship, or doesn't wish to take part in the GP 8 seasons in a row, then so be it. I'm for everyone being allowed to compete in international competitions provided they have qualified through the rules established by their national federations.

But Plush's letter is :lol:
    Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Didn't have to Plusch did it all himself...
  9. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Hey Plushy, there's a silver medal at your house that says otherwise. ;)
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. ciocio

ciocio New Member

I don´t know why but I believe his wife had her contribution,she is an expert in making him look like an idiot.:shuffle:
  11. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

I understand, and appreciate, that he has worked very hard for many years. But he broke the eligibility rules and now expects to get a pass around them. And again, the gold medal thing.

It's galloping immaturity (with a large dollop of nacissism thrown in) and it's so sad to watch played out publicly like this. I agree with the folks who detect his wife's fine hand here but in the end, the decisions and the signature are his.
  12. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

13. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Didn't you get the memo? That medal is platinum not silver. :lol:
  14. ciocio

ciocio New Member

I don´t want to defend Evgeni, he has his faults and I´ve criticized him many times and I´ve been insulted for that, but he has some bad advisors around him: his wife, some of his fans, etc. A lot of top athletes are very narcissistic and cocky but with some smart PR and a piece of good advice they manage at least not to look ridiculous.
  15. calica

calica New Member

I see nothing neither manly nor worthy in the letter.:watch:
    To say 8 months later that he did shameful declarations why he was feeling frustrated, but without apologizing either to Lysacek or to Piseev; to say that the ISU does not allow him to compete, without admitting that he broke the rules is shameful.

I see it like an attempt of washing his image.

Congratulations to those that they like.

I do not agree with you.
    His fans always criticize his environment, I even remember when he left the skating in 2006 and they all were saying that it was by his bad wife (ex-wife now) was not allowing him to return.

But later it turned out that he left her in 2006 and did not return till the end of 2009...

It is true that he has bad advisers but he chooses them .
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  16. ciocio

ciocio New Member

His fans didn´t criticize his environment like they should have done. They supported his immaturity, making him think that the environment is always bad and he is an angel. His wife is now a goddess, if they divorce tomorrow she will be the evil one!
    The same is happening with his haters, the environment is always good, Evgeni is always the bad guy. Piseev is an angel, ISU too, Lysacek a martyr!:lynch: It´s ridiculous!
  17. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Just let him skate. His best answer will be done on the ice (obviously not through letters)
  18. reflect

reflect New Member

I am wondering why the letter was released just before the Cup of Russia?If the Russian guys don't have good result, it may put more pressure on the federation?

(If Gachinski can provide a solid free skating and end up on the podium, maybe the Russia Skating Federation will feel happy to find a new talent and get rid of grandpa Plushy forever)
  19. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

:plush: Spectacular!
  20. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

IMO, it is very sad that Plush is still upset over the color of his medal. To come back from retirement and win a 3rd Oly medal ... becoming the first man in close to a century to win 3 Oly medals in the men's event ... is something he should be proud of.
  21. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

I needed a laugh this morning and this gave it to me. Plushy... aren't you a little old for a two year old temper tantrum????

This is funny! Poor Plushy no one loves him
  22. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

"Venom spewing"? :D Nice try, but there's no shi*t to stir here.

Plushy's pathetic, desperate, simpering letter -- well, pretty much his entire personae post-Vancouver to wit -- is only garnering laughter and light pity from us. I'm loving it.
  23. immoimeme

immoimeme having a nice day

Never thought I would say it to Plush but here it is: Shut up and skate!
  24. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

And so much contradiction. "I should have won gold. The judges were not fair. But when I said so in Vancouver I was being emotional so please ignore that. But remember that I should have won".:lol::lol:
  25. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

Is the occupation of publicist known in Russia? I'm serious, BTW.
    IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  26. calica

calica New Member

There are no contradictions, simply he cannot conceal his arrogance. :rolleyes:
    He tries hard ... but he cann´t
  27. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

He doesn't try enough. Oh well, more humor for those who find him a pathetic man-child.
  28. Sarahjev

Sarahjev New Member

Sorry but that translation is not accurate and biased against Plush.
    Besides, what's so wrong about what he's saying?

In a nutshell: "coming back was not easy, I was angry and hurt at the "defeat", said things that federation and people didn't like, please let's forget about that, I'm looking at the future and want to keep skating, please support me"

What's so "offensive" and "idiot" about that?
  29. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Since I don't read Russian, I have to rely on translations that are provided. Could you please do an "accurate and unbiased" one so I can judge more accurately how offensive/idiotic Plushenko's statements were? If he didn't say something like "I think I didn't lose the Olympics either. No one can convinse me otherwise" or blame the judges, what did he actually say in his letter about his Torino results and the judging? I'd really like to know (and have never had reason to doubt TAHbKA's translations before).
  30. Sarahjev

Sarahjev New Member

Well, I don't really know the OP and their previous translations, but based in his/her comments, TAHbKA seems to not like Plu very much, so, maybe was not very interested in the nuances of the letter.

I'm going to mention some of those little things that can really take something out of context:

First, the overall tone of this translation seems to reinforce the "Oh Plush is being all arrogant, telling people that he's the winner no matter what and he doesn't repent of anything", but it's quite the contrary, first of all, he's thanking all the people, his team and fans that has supported him, (correction: he never mentioned fans) he's saying that he KNOWS he didn't act as "elegantly" as people would expect him to, but he's also asking for comprehension because physical and emotional pain was overwhelming for him at that moment.

Regarding the "I still think I should have won" bit, it's true, sorry, it's how he feels, if people don't like it, he's taking the risk of the criticism that affirmation would carry. IMO he's just being honest about it, he could go and put a facade to be forgiven but he's not being that fake. If people want to hate on him for that, well there's nothing else to say.

And about the "judges were evil and I blame them of all my problems" and so, it's not accurate, he said "I felt all kind of things at that time, but now that I've calmed down, I'm not blaming anymore, I want to forget all that, I said a lot of things that offended many people, I'm asking for comprehension because I was a mess of emotions and pain, I even thought people around me (probably his federation, he never say "my relatives") was not being supportive enough"

Also, almost at the beginning the translation says: "I skated only for me", the correct one is "I skated NOT only for me, but for my country....."

In short: he's addressing his federation, saying that he's serious about keep competing, that he's concentrating in training, keeping his weight and so. Remember some time ago Russian Fed asked him for a "strong commitment" to help him with reinstatement, so, this letter is a declaration of intentions.
    let`s talk and (deleted member) like this.
  31. skaterdelight

skaterdelight New Member

Thanks for the re-translation. That sounds more consistent with the Plush of many years.
  32. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Here's a relevant Wikipedia page on narcissistic personality disorder and an edited snippet.

33. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I would say that it is definitely not a relevent wikipedia page!
  34. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Here's one for you then.

35. Squibble

Squibble New Member

In sports, as in life generally, if you want people to forget about ill-considered things you said, you have to start speaking graciously and to acknowledge your shortcomings as well as your previous mistakes. As long as Plushenko keeps saying that he should have won, he will be consigning himself to the scrap heap of poor losers. And he needs to clean up his act quickly, or no one will pay attention. Just look at how Linda Fratianne, Surya Bonaly, and Nancy Kerrigan are still treated with contempt on this forum, three decades after the fact in Fratianne's case.
  36. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Has anyone volunteered to provide Plushy with some cheese for his whine?
    Just wondering ...
  37. Rock2

Rock2 New Member

Hey let's give him credit. The guy is a fierce competitor and just wants to compete for his country and win (not win a medal...WIN). I give him tons of kudos for his passion for the sport and his passion to fight his aging and aching body. I hope this all ends in a place where he's satisfied.

I'm going to pick on one little nuance in his letter. He seems to blame the judges the most for the fact that he didn't get his deserved gold medal. In fact though, shouldn't he be blaming the ISU? The judges gave him credit for everything he deserved. He points to the quads as his reason for winning...nothing PCS related. So forget PCS. He got points for what he did on the technical side. So where did the judges screw up? I'll tell ya. Nowhere.

So really his complaint is that the system itself doesn't work hard enough for those who do quads. That's an ISU issue, not a judging issue.

Dude if you really want to be 'real' have the cahoneys to call out who you really should be calling out as the conspirators against your success -- the ISU! And then see how that works out for ya....

(and PS I'm still waiting for your proposed solution to the judging system. I mean specifics. So far...2-3 years of nothing but :drama:. Turn the page. Please.)
  38. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

Is he saying he should have won the gold because he was in terrible pain at the time? A reward for skating a program lacking in all necessary components? I feel sorry for him because I blame his coach & choreographer for allowing him to believe that landing quads was all that he needed.
  39. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Has there been a world/Olympic medalist who has NOT skated with pain at some point? Sorry, the "I deserve it because I hurt more" crap doesn't work.
  40. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

Oh, for God's sake. If, in the amount of time he spent writing this letter, he had studied the rule book, maybe he would have won. And if he had spent some time on some real choreography instead of that silly hip wiggling and posing he did in the long program, maybe he would have won.
    flutzilla1, Kasey, PDilemma and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.