Please watch for the Top 5 in Kraft Hockeyville -- my 'adopted' town may be one!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Really, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Hi, again...I just want to throw this into your consciousness before everyone runs away for the weekend...

Many of you helped us out during the first round of public voting in our quest to make Bentley, AB Kraft Hockeyville 2011.

The announcement of the Top 5 communities will be made Saturday night during the 2nd game of CBC's Hockey Night in Canada double header (Edmonton/Colorado in Alberta). If Bentley is in the top 5, we have about 48 hours to get enough votes to win the contest.

I cannot begin to tell you how much winning would mean to this small town of 1100 people. The rink is 50 years old, and is home to many minor hockey teams, the Senior Men Bentley Generals (who are one game away from being provincial champions), and the Bentley Figure Skating Club. Winning means $100,000 in upgrades to the facility -- I can imagine they might want to start with the ancient ice plant, or the roof that drips onto the ice surface, or decent dressing rooms for the users.

As soon as the announcement is made, voting will open at http://www.krafthockeyville.ca or by toll free phone (number will be on the website). We have until 10 p.m. MDT to garner enough votes to win.

Saturday night, we will be at Bentley School watching the CBC HNIC broadcast with fingers crossed that we make the Top 5. From that point on, we have a vote-a-thon planned at the school again, and will be spreading word far and wide, asking for support. Please check this thread or the Hockeyville site Saturday evening to find out if we have a shot at becoming Kraft Hockeyville 2011.

FWIW, the people at my school were blown away by the fact that people from various places around the world were voting for us. The power of the Internet and social networking (yes, FSU was social networking long before the term was cool!) is just amazing!

You can follow some of our journey on our Facebook page! Thank you for taking the time to read this! Wish us luck!

~Lee

pollyanna and (deleted member) like this.
  2. NancyNC

NancyNC Well-Known Member

My fingers (and toes!) are crossed for you - can't wait to hear if you made it!

3. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Hope you end up in the top 5! I'll be out of town on Saturday, but if you make it I'll definitely vote on Sunday!

4. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

Will be waiting to hear. Good luck. Now can I say I have something planned for Sunday? :)

5. Really

Announcement. During the first intermission of the Oilers/Avs game -- about 15 minutes or so. So nervous! Voting starts @ 9:00 MDT tonight.

6. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Congratulations Bentley & Wolfe Island! :cheer:

7. Really

Yay!!! Please vote @ http://www.krafthockeyville.ca before 10 pm MDT Monday. Our 50-year-old rink needs all the help we can get! Pleae post on other msg bords and your Facebook statuses. Twitter helps too!

8. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Just a reminder that you don't need to be in Canada to vote. :cheer:

9. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Wheeeeee!!! Happy for you! The FSU campaign worked! :cheer2:

10. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

The LOTR MB I belong to campaign too!! :D

Yay Bentley and Wolfe Island!!!

Just now headed to share the news over at the Rings MB and to let them know to vote, vote, vote!!

11. Really

Our students are just finishing another all-nighter -- about 40 of them gave up a Saturday night to do this. If you can help them out by voting for Bentley at Kraft Hockeyville, that would be all kinds of awesome!

Thanks! (deadline is midnight EDT Monday!)

12. ice dance

ice dance Member

Busy voting... :)

13. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Voted!!

14. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Voted!!! So happy you made it to the top five!!!

15. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

the final push is important so keep voting folks :40beers:

16. Really

Calgary area people -- be listening to Lite 95.9 around 7:10 a.m. tomorrow morning to hear the principal of Bentley School talking about the Kraft Hockeyville contest! Don't forget to vote for Bentley before 10:00 p.m. MDT Monday night!

The Bentley Generals wrapped up the provincial Senior Men AAA crown Friday night, and will be playing against Fort St. John for the McKenzie Cup and a berth in the Allan Cup (national championship). That's gotta be a sign -- doesn't it? ;)

Thanks for your support!

17. timing

timing fragrance free

I voted during all the Amazing Race commercials. Hope it helps!

18. Really

We're down to the last 13 1/2 hours to vote for Bentley, AB for Kraft Hockeyville. Please vote as often as you can -- the winning community last year had over 1 million votes to win. Bentley only has 1100 people -- we need all the help we can get! Please spread the word!

Thank you so much!

19. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Bumping - only a few hours to go.

20. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

Voted some more. Good luck Bentley! :cheer2::cheer2:

21. skateycat

skateycat Minecraft Widow

I voted too!

22. Really

We're down to the final 2 1/2 hours in our bid to become Kraft Hockeyville 2011. Please vote as often as you can for Bentley -- your support is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!

oleada and (deleted member) like this.
  23. Really

24. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Just voted and the text in the image was "winery wino" :summer: :lol:

25. Really

Boy will that be fitting in about 45 minutes! LOL!

26. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Just voted a whole bunch. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

27. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

voting...voting... voting... twittered and facebook too.. even my Quebec friends are (I didn't tell them there was actually potential ones in Quebec ;) )

28. skateycat

skateycat Minecraft Widow

voting voting voting

29. Really

15 minutes to go! You guys all rock!

30. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

I sneaked one in in the last minute of play. She shot, she scored! :encore: