Please vote for me for the Youtube Symphony Dec. 10-17!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Kwantumleap, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Kwantumleap

Kwantumleap Well-Known Member

Hey all! I don't regularly visit this part of the forum, but I just wanted to invite all my fellow figure skating fan family to help me become a member of the Youtube Symphony Orchestra :violin: that will perform at Sydney Opera House in March of next year. It would mean a lot to me.

The public voting is part of the final round of the audition. All the competitors had to pass a preliminary round to get to this point. Voting takes place Friday Dec. 10-17 and you may vote once each day. The only requirement to vote is that you have a youtube account. If you don't have one, it doesn't take long to create one and you don't have to actually share videos.

Starting Friday, to vote for me please visit http://www.youtube.com/symphony and find the viola audition videos. My name is Bryan and this is my audition video just so you can recognize it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j24ukxYZXs

Another option is to join the facebook group to get reminders each day to vote: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=173752879311427

Thank you all so much!!! :respec:

2. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Lovely audition. Good luck!

3. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Beautiful!!! It's a shame there isn't more music out there for the viola, and you guys are usually stuck with extremely boring stuff. (This said by a violinist who also dislikes the tendency of violin music to be all flashy and crap.) The viola produces such a gorgeous sound when played really well. Love Mozart's concerto for viola & violin.

4. SaSherka

SaSherka Well-Known Member

Good luck! Will try to remember to vote.

5. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Wow, that was quite good! :respec: Past amateur pianist here, and I like to think I can recognize good sound and technique instantly, even on string instruments. Will vote for you! Good luck! :40beers:

Extra bonus points for dressing up nicely, including cufflinks. ;)

6. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I thought that was beautiful. Will definitely try to vote once voting starts.

7. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

You are amazingly talented! Best of luck in the competition. :encore:

8. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Yay! Voting is now open!

9. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Voted for you...you're great! And you look very tiffed :)

10. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I voted for you also. I had a great time voting in some of the other instrument categories. The bassoon category was fabulous!

11. Kwantumleap

Thank you all! Yes, voting has officially begun. You can vote for me by finding the red "Vote Now >" tab on the youtube symphony page and finding the viola audition videos. My audition video is timed at 7:47. Once you are there, you can click to vote on my video. You may vote once each day until next Friday. Thanks again!

I don't even know what that means :lol: but I'm sure it's good.

12. fragoletta

fragoletta New Member

I voted, too! Good luck, Bryan! :)

13. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Tiffed is FSU-speak.

14. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Day 2 voting for the fabulous Kwantumleap, peeps. :saint:

15. Kwantumleap

Thanks Bitty and fragoletta :)

I just found out that you do not even need to have a youtube account to vote in this competition. If you have an account, then you can use that to vote, but for those of you that might not have an account, you can still participate.

I just got clarification on the rules and any additional votes you try to submit for my video within each day will be void. I just wanted to let you know ;)

16. Kwantumleap

17. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Voted for you! Very nice playing :)

18. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

Voted. I really enjoyed your video.

19. Kwantumleap

20. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I was delighted to vote for you!

21. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

Bumping and voting. :)

22. Kwantumleap

Thanks!

I made a special video last night and wanted to share it with all of you. The link is below. By the way, if it were up to me, I would have only 3 days of voting, but I appreciate you all understanding and being supportive. It means a lot to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnmdf62C5EU

23. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

I voted again today! You GO, Bryan!

24. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Voted for you. Good luck!

25. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

Beautiful audition! Just voted. Good luck!

26. GoldenLady

GoldenLady Member

Hi Kwantumleap! As a former violist (I was a violin major at university, but started playing viola halfway through, and I played professionally during that time and afterwards), I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed your performance, and you are a fabulous player. :) You must have a really nice instrument, too - your tone quality is wonderful!

I have been voting for you, and will continue to do so. Good luck! :40beers:

27. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Just voted. How do you find out how you're going with the votes?

28. Kwantumleap

Thanks! And thank you GoldenLady and the rest of my new FSU friends for being so supportive. Angelskates, to answer your question, I don't have any way to keep track of the votes. I just find out by early January (11th) if I made it. I will make sure to keep you all informed as soon as I know. I do know that my video is one of the more popular audition videos based on view numbers and the number of "likes". It's hard to tell, but anyway it's down to the final 3 days of voting starting with today.

To vote: http://goo.gl/CfTWH

Thanks!

AYS and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Kwantumleap

Thanks again! My viola is made by Eastman Strings, the Master Series Model 905. It's actually amazingly priced online, especially for the sound (about $2,200 USD). I bought it at a band/orchestra rental store called Music and Arts. Here's a link to the model: http://www.eastmanstrings.com/eastmanstrings/violas/lingwang.htm#model905

30. GoldenLady

GoldenLady Member

:
    Thanks for the info! Your viola does seem to be a great one for that price. :) I was looking around that site in general; things have changed a lot since I last bought an instrument (around 25 years ago, yikes) - the only thing you could do was go into a specialty violin shop, look around, and test out the instruments you were potentially interested in. It's amazing that you can now do so much research online. I mean, of course I'm used to doing it in other venues, but when it comes to something that's so "old school", it still manages to surprise me, LOL. :eek:

Time to cast today's vote!