Please help me track my skatecasts

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by manleywoman, Nov 8, 2011.

How do you listen to my the manleywoman skatecast?

1. Through the iTunes Store

17 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. I subscribe to the RSS feed on [url]www.manleywoman.com[/url]

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. I just listen directly on [url]www.manleywoman.com[/url] using my browser

36 vote(s)
    65.5%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. I hate your voice and would never listen to it for more than 30 seconds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Hi everyone. I'm trying to get a sense of how many people are listening to my skating podcasts. iTunes unfortunately doesn't track readership, and iTunes is where I'm assuming most people go to listen to them. I can track people who come through the site, but I'm just trying to get a general feel of where all of you are accessing the podcasts.

Please let me know, since I'm trying to make them better and get a larger readership. And certainly if you have other suggestions on how to make them better I'm all ears. I did have many people ask for transcriptions of the interviews, and those are being worked on now.

Thanks

2. jlai

jlai Title-less

I think I got them through ITunes though I also directly accessed your Manleywoman site a few times.

manleywoman and (deleted member) like this.
  3. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

I used to have RSS feed, but lately I just go to your website. I would love to be able to have them in print. :D

4. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

I can't believe you'd even put that as an option!!!!

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I listen via your website.
    For the record, you have a lovely voice!

6. Lutzcy

Lutzcy Active Member

I LOVE your podcasts. In the past I just listened directly from your website. However, I just got my first iPhone and am planning to download from iTunes.

7. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

I used to have it set up as an auto download from iTunes as a podcast, but now I listen to it through your website.

8. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I was really tempted to vote for the last option. :rofl: ;)

9. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Mine auto downloads when a new one is available through iTunes. :)

10. floskate

floskate Vacant

I listen on the website but I also download my favourite ones from iTunes to put on my ipod. :)

11. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

I subscribe to your podcast on iTunes.

12. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Hi manleywoman. I used to listen via ITunes, but have since found it easier to access through your website. Thanks, and keep up the great work! Figure skating history (present, past, future) alive and well on www.manleywoman.com.

However, the ITunes option re downloading to an I-Pod, or set-up to download automatically from ITunes are handy features.

:lol: Now, now BigB08822 ..., let's congratulate manleywoman for her initiative and courage, not to mention her passion for fs and fs history (+ sacrifices to find the time to do this work). Kudos to the interveiwees as well. :) Looking forward to you getting Michelle Kwan, Rohene Ward, Derrick Delmore, Rudy Galindo, and Scott Williams, manleywoman. :cool: Also, what about Linda Fratianne, Dick Button, Peggy Fleming, Dorothy Hamill, Denise Biellmann, Midori Ito, Caryn Kadavy, Jill Trenary, Ekaterina Gordeeva, David Wilson, and Shae-Lynn Bourne-Turok?

I learned so much about Jeremy Abbott (that made me understand him better and admire him all the more) in your conversation with his mother, Allison Scott (who herself has contributed a lot to skating as a volunteer).

inthemiddle's "In Print" request I hope happens at some point -- maybe a self-published book of some of the interviews, selected and grouped together based on a theme, as a start for volume I? ;)

13. manleywoman

I do have a generous fan transcribing highlights for me. She and I discussed that transcribing a whole interview would take forever for the very long ones. But at least some highlights are now available.

Aw, shucks. Thanks. :)

Michelle Kwan = waiting just a bit longer on this one.
    Rohene Ward = He's interested (and local!)
    Dick Button = been trying to get him for YEARS. He's actually returned a call once. The man is so busy he's hard to nail down. But I'm working on it, and I have my questions ready for him

The others I don't have direct info for, but I have many others lined up. I'm interviewing Lucinda Ruh this weekend, and Randy Gardner contacted me about doing a special group one (stay tuned!).

14. manleywoman

Me too, but I need help with making that happen. For now I'm thrilled I have a fan helping with transcriptions!

15. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, manleywoman! The "group" one sounds intriguing. Will love hearing your conversation with Lucinda Ruh. I really enjoyed your recent interview with Yuka Sato -- wow! You are well-prepared with your questions too. Lots of great insights from Timothy Goebel's interview. A thought, at some point: Stephanie Rosenthal (re her fantastic showing at Nats in 2006), and perhaps Shepherd Clark, Matthew Savoie, and Todd Eldredge, and maybe some retired judges who used to be figure skaters? I know its based on who you can contact, and if they have the time.

Very happy with everyone in your distinguished archives. To have started out with a bang with Kurt Browning, what a coup!

16. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

I subscribe to your podcast on iTunes- so it just shows up when a new one arrives. I've also been to your site-but for me iTunes is easier.

Love the interviews! You ask great questions.

17. Casey2

Casey2 Member

I would love to have written transcripts as I rarely have an hour or so to listen to an interview. Please consider a book!

18. Lurking Skater

Lurking Skater Ms Lurker if you're nasty

I used to download from iTunes, but it's quicker to get them directly for your website.

19. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Since I have a longish drive to the rink. . . I download them from iTunes and then put them on my mp3 player, plug it into the stereo system, and presto!! No more NPR fund drives!!

20. jlai

jlai Title-less

Just out of curiosity, why would you give people the last option in your poll? :LOL

21. manleywoman

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far. :)

22. midori

midori Well-Known Member

I occasionally visit your site (usually triggered by posts on FSU), download mp3 files and put them on my Walkman, of which its sound quality is much better than i-something ;). I listen to them during traveling to/from work.

BTW thank you very much for doing it!