Please help me remember the name of a British movie I saw recently...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by John 3 17, Jun 2, 2011.

1. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

I caught this charming British film on IFC (I think), and have completely forgotten the title!

It's about a young woman who's having a really bad day (she was harrassed by a lewd man at a bus stop and he threw coffee on her) and then she meets a mysterious man who wants to give her a perfect day and she has no idea why. The only thing she can think that she wants is to buy a new saxaphone for her friend because his is broken. Later, they run into the lewd man from the bus stop and the mysterious man confronts him. In the end, the woman discovers who the mystery man is. I can remember the entire plot, but not the title. I don't want to give away the whole thing for anyone who hasn't seen it... I'd like to watch it again and have my mom see it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Bridget

2. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Hmm, doesn't ring a bell with me. But if it was IFC, and if you can remember the date you saw it, you can check their online schedule.

3. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Do you know any of the actors? Even if you can't remember their name but can remember another movie they were in you should be able to figure this out by going to IMDB. Find the movie you remember them from, figure out their name then go to their profile to see which other movies they did, this one should be listed.

4. John 3 17

Thanks for the link! I looked on their website early yesterday if it would be on in June but didn't realize that I could look up previous months... didn't find it at all so it mustn't have been on IFC :( My Comcast puts all the movie channels one after the other on the dial and I have a hard time remembering what channel I'm on. There's about a dozen so it could've been any of them... needle in a haystack.

-Bridget :)

5. John 3 17

I have never seen the actors before so I forgot their names, too :wuzrobbed Just that they were in their late 20s/early 30s, she was blonde, he was dark-haired, nice-looking with pleasing accents; certainly not much to go on :lol: That's what happens I guess when one finds an obscure movie just before falling asleep, nothing but the plot is remembered! I went to imdb.com and looked up just plots with no success.

Thanks for your help, anyway!

-Bridget

6. John 3 17

Found it!

"In A Day"

Remembered that IMDB has a msg board and asked there, whew! If anyone ever has a question about a film or tv show, go there!

Darling movie if anyone wants to check it out!

Thanks again :)

-Bridget