Playing figure skating music digitally

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by YoenNL, Jul 5, 2011.

1. YoenNL

YoenNL Active Member

I was wondering about following. We all know that CD-players and CDs themselves, are giving us sometimes issues and headaches at competitions. If the CD can not be read, or is jumping... it is a difficult decision for the referee what to do, a spare CD is not always at hand, and all sorts of issues arrise.

As music is usually cut digitally anyway nowadays, I am playing around with the idea to also play music digitally from an MP3-player at competitions.

Does this exist anywhere in the skating world? The idea is also to host a dedicated server to which skaters can upload music rather than sending music files for each competition with the entry. Organizers could get a password for each competition so they can download all music for all skaters that are entered for the competition.

Advantages:
    - play high quality music from MP3 (or other digital format) rather than from CD
    - upload your music once and maintain it in the database
    - easier preparation for organizers re. music

2. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

I'd suggest contacting Craig Joeright, through Detroit Skating Club. He is working with a program for this, and it's being used at some competitions - including Indy Pairs, I think.

3. sk8mom1970

sk8mom1970 New Member

Craig is the right person. He owns a company called icetrax.net. you upload the music and the system works perfectly with no cds skipping or bad players. They are doing the music at Indy.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Joeright isn't listed as a coach at Detroit SC but here is the link to the Icetrax site: http://www.icetrax.net/index.php