1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Out Practices Before

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by julianaqtpi, Oct 12, 2011.

1. julianaqtpi

julianaqtpi New Member

Do you plan what you're going to do in practice before you go? I personally don't specifically, I'll just decide while I'm driving to the rink if I'm going to work on toe jumps or edge jumps or going into my jumps at a faster speed, or combinations, or whatever. So do you plan ahead of time? What does your plan look like?

2. Sierra

Sierra New Member

I plan mine, down to the minute xD I decide the exact spins I'll do and which jumps and approximately how much time on each jump and how many times I'll do program runthroughs or footwork runthroughs.

But I do that 'cause I skate 2-3x a week and am homeschooled, so I have nothing else to do besides obsessively plan skating.

3. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

Um I just let it ride. It's almost evenly divided among warm up / moves, spins, and jumps. Within the slotted spin / jump time I run through everything then practice whatever needs the most work.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I usually go in with a general plan -- I'm going to work on moves, or freestyle, or both.

Sometimes I have a more specific goal -- I'm going to run the whole moves test, or I'm going to run my program, or I'm going to focus on three turns, or jumps, or spins, today.