Petty Little Liars Season 5

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by lmarie086, Jun 10, 2014.

1. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

PLL is back tonight at 8! Who else will be tuning in to watch?

(I tried to quit this show...but here I am lol)

2. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I didn't know that!
    Thanks for telling us!

3. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

I just read that the show has been renewed for two more seasons! They're already struggling to keep the story going as it is, how are they going to stretch it out for two more years?

4. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Two more? That goes along with a quote I read from one of the showrunners today (I'll edit back with the quote when I'm not on my phone) that the show would skip the college years for the girls...but they can't really expect it to go that much longer!

5. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

With the transition to AZ and my first real job, I mostly missed last season and plan on catching up as soon as it is on Netflix.

But, yeah, 2 more years?

I really, really want the girls to have careers beyond this. I hope the extended stay doesn't hinder that. They're all so talented.

6. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

Is anybody watching this season? Last post was 6/11. I had to go to page 3 to find it.

7. michiruwater

Okay, so, I'm 10 or so episodes in to season 4. I've been binge watching it the past two days.

I still love this show, it's just... it needs to come to an actual end. They should have deliberately put a cap on it at some point and unraveled all the mysteries. I adore the characters still, particularly Hanna and Spencer, but as I said earlier, these four girls are so wonderful and I really, really want them to have a career beyond this. I'm not sure what Troian is really interested in, as she has all the money and connections in the world but hasn't sought out much (though I still maintain she is the most talented), but Ashley and Lucy in particular could, I think, really have a wonderful career.

Did anyone buy Lucy Hale's album? I don't do country most of the time but she can really sing.

Also, I love how little Fitz there has been so far this season. I really, really hate that character. I'm sure that will change.

8. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Or they could solve the "A" thing and move on to a new mystery...a reset of the show would be good right now.

9. michiruwater

Finished Season 4.

I really, really want to now what Melissa said to her father. And I'm glad that Spencer didn't kill anyone, though I never believed that she did. I love Hanna and Spencer so much. I know I've said that before. They're just wonderful characters played by wonderful actors.

Aria was so much better this season. They gave her better lines and let Lucy Hale do some crazy things and she did a wonderful job. Good for them. I hope they maintain it next season. I mean, the character is still incredibly self-involved but I can forgive her a little. At least for once she got to share somewhat-equally in the terrible things happening to everyone else.

Ezra needs to be in jail but the actor did a very good job with the Jekyll/Hyde thing going on until the show retconned it. I wish they'd gone full-bad with Ezra. That would have been the most interesting thing the show ever did.

I miss Caleb, and Hanna/Caleb is still the best, but Travis is actually really nice. Almost too much so. I'll be happy when Caleb is back in season 5 though. It made no sense to me when they broke up. I mean, Ravenswood is clearly within driving distance. I don't see how it necessitated a break up at all. Long-distance would have been fine. They both still loved each other, it didn't work at all. Stupid show.

I still adore Spencer/Toby. I'm glad that one is still going strong. They can't break up everyone.

Paige has always been crazy and I hope they stay broken up because that is not a healthy relationship.

Is the show going to follow the girls to different colleges? Obviously they can't all go to the same one, they're all very different.

10. michiruwater

Okay, totally caught up finally.

Ashley Benson is a rock star and she is doing an absolutely fabulous job with Hanna's massive regression, but my heart still hearts. Hanna was so strong and confident for so long, and was the voice of reason of the group for, what, almost 4 straight seasons until now? And actually she still is, I'd say. She's doing some dumb things but she's really having the most understandable reaction to everything that has occurred recently. I just want her to be okay. Hanna was always the most mentally stable and she was the heart of the group without a doubt. She was totally selfless. She looks like Ali but was very much the exact opposite of her, and watching her have such a massive identity crisis is heartbreaking. Not to mention that I got my wish and Caleb and Hanna are back together, but they went from the strongest, most stable couple to the most self-destructive. They're both absolute messes right now. I hope they can pull out of it. Say what you will about this show, but it does an incredible job with realistic emotional transformations of its character. It helps that the 4 are all such strong actresses who have become even better through the seasons.

Aria was just incredibly awful this episode. She's always the absolute worst and the least likeable of the four, but last season she was so much better. The way she went off on Hanna in the latest episode and slut-shamed her was just beyond terrible and I hated her for a good while. I can't believe she did that. And what is it with this show and turning all adult males into total perverts? Zack, really?