People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive Is....Ryan Reynolds?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rex, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

From People.com

I can't say I agree with this choice, but oh well. His Green Hornet movie is due to be released soon...coincidence?

2. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

He's nice looking enough, but Sexiest Man Alive material? No, not in my opinion.

3. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Ohhh it's always about publicity ;)

4. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Wrong Ryan, People Magazine. I voted for Ryan Gosling.

5. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I've never even heard of him...

6. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Me either.

7. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

"Green Lantern," not "Green Hornet." The latter stars Seth Rogen.

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/153-green-lantern-breaks-away-from-earthbound-superhero-movies

Ryan's been around for years. He was much scrawnier when he started (i.e. "Van Wilder") but really bulked up for "Amityville Horror" and "Blade: Trinity." He won over audiences last year with "The Proposal," and of course, wife Scarlett Johansson's heart.

Funny that many of you haven't heard of him. I have a friend at People, and he was my very first guess when I asked last week.

8. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I had fully predicted that Jon Hamm would have been named Sexiest. I guess his being considered a TV star instead of movie star hurt him, though I now predict he'll be named in upcoming years.

But thank god it wasn't Robert Pattinson!

9. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

I first became aware of Ryan Reynolds back in the late 90s when he was on the sitcom, "Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place." Back then he wasn't the muscular hunk he is nowadays (though he was cute enough). Whenever this list comes out, people always question the person ranked at the top, but that's just because everyone has different tastes. He's incredibly fit, so I have no qualms with his selection, just as I wouldn't have had a problem with several other hot Hollywood men being selected as well.

10. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I agree. He's nice looking in a vanilla way. Jon Hamm would've made sense.

11. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

I think he is so incredibly sexy, I love Ryan Reynolds. I have a huge crush on him!

I will be buying this issue :). Most definitely!

12. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Good choice. Of the more famous guys that would be in the running, Ryan is definitely one of the hottest. Of course, I see hotter guys at my gym on a daily basis than most of the guys named to this honor...they really should name it "The Best Looking of Hollywood's 5 Most Popular Leading Men As Agreed Upon by a Panel of Random People at People Magazine"...:cool:

13. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Henry Cavill needs to be on there. :swoon:

BigB08822 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Spinner

Spinner Where's my book?

Ryan Reynolds :grope: :swoon: I'd agree with all their top 12 list except for Justin Timberlake. He's generic to me.

15. Quintuple

Quintuple papillon d'amour

Gross.

I'm really, really bleched out in my view of him because as a 10-year-old, I screamed at the TV at his incredibly creepy, awkward character on the awful Canadian Nickelodeon sitcom "Fifteen". Hands in his pockets, always skirting up to snake-like Ashley, buying her a scarf and trying to get drunk Jake un-drunk, with an even creepier sister Courtney ... blaaaaah!

Not that I know what it's like, but if ever I was an actor/singer/whatever and suddenly was approached by People asking for a photoshoot because it's been decided I'm the Sexiest Man Alive, I'd probably barf down their laps then laugh until my head exploded.

16. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

His eyes are too small or close together or something. yick.

17. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

18. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

:lol:I was afraid I was the only person who remembered that show! Every time I see RR in anything, all I can think of is "Billy." To his credit, he grew up to be much, much better looking than one would have expected back then. As far as the show being awful, I beg to differ. Canadian teen shows are universally awesome, just because. I wonder what happened to all those kids from Fifteen. RR and "Ashley" (Laura Harris) are the only ones I've seen on screen since then.

19. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

Typical. Another fail from People magazine; not only with Reynold's but some of their runners up as well. Then again I never agree with most of the people they chose for their most beautiful, sexiest, best/worst dressed so it's nothing new.

I agree with the publicity comments. It's the PR folks who hold all the power in Hollywood and I continue to not get the sexiness of Justin Timberlake and Jake Gyllenhaul.

20. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I love Ryan Reynolds. Definitely hawt.

Nice to see Joe Manganiello on the list, from True Blood, and Robert Downey Jr :grope: and Jesse Williams from Grey's :grope: :grope:

21. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

It's always amazing that their "Sexiest this" or "Most Beautiful that" lists always contain people with a movie, TV show or album to promote.

I find actors like Ryan Reynolds, Chris Evans and others from that age group to be pretty much interchangeable. And blander than a three-day bowl of oatmeal. And I couldn't stand his Pizza Place tv show mainly 'cause it replaced Ellen DeGeneres' show :mad:. And I found it unfunny to boot.

22. backspin

backspin Active Member

Actually "Definitely, Maybe" is worth renting. A very sweet movie.

23. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I think he's pretty sexy, and he has a nice body--so that helps. :grope:

24. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

At least it's not Johnny Depp again (and he does have that movie coming out with Jolie).

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Amen. Or Shia LeBeouf.
    I like Depp as an actor, but c'mon, he's timing, and not well. I know lots of women find him sexy, but to me he always looks like he just came off of a bender. You know, like Amy Winehouse or Courtney Love.

ChelleC and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Thumbs down from me. He is not a bad looking young man but definitely not "the sexiest man alive".

27. Sk8tn

Sk8tn New Member

He looks more like a Tiger Beat cover boy. (OK, I just aged myself...)

28. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

I don't think i've seen this guy in anything, I can't fully judge his sexiness but I'm not impressed by the photos. It should have been Jon Hamm.

29. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

That of course is your opinion. For me, Googling Jon Hamm doesn't produce photos that make him look appealing enough to be considered the sexiest man alive. Give me Ryan Reynolds any day over Jon Hamm.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  30. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

I've been expecting this for the last 2-3 years.

I think they waited for him to get into his 30s and be a little less "aw shucks". They do say that men achieve their peak sexiness in mid to late 30s so he needed to age a bit.

Yes, everyone has their tastes. Sure he's a little Tiger Beat and has a narrow face/body that people might not like. He has taken on smaller projects because if his interest in the craft (like a Ryan Gosling) vs. going for the big cash. Green Lantern will be an exception. This is why few know of him.

But, what he does have in addition to his looks is an amazingly appealing personality. Very engaging and intelligent, doesn't take himself seriously and one of the most quick witted guys in Hollywood. Extremely likeable. As an overall package he's at the top of my list.

The worst thing about him is his voice. He can't get all the manly-man leading roles as his voice is higher in the register. Same issue Timberlake has; so that limits their appeal and roles.