Pechalat/Bourzat left Zhulin

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by risto1803, May 1, 2011.

1. risto1803

risto1803 Active Member

I don't know if this is an official conformation of the rumors; according to http://news.sport-express.ru/2011-05-01/435824/, P/B are leaving Zhulin and are going to Krylova. Maybe they should go to Shpilbin and Zueva; that is the secret to get a medal :D. Apparently this move is initiated by the French Federation.

Why they don't go to Zazoui? She is a great coach and does not have any top teams at the moment.

2. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

It's official and it has already been announced and discussed in various other threads ;)

3. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

That might be good for Weaver/Poje if Pechalat/Bourzat are training with them. It was quite a quick decision, it sounds like, unless it was being considered for awhile.

4. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Based on the FD thread in the Worlds forum, apparently the Russian Federation does not want Russian coaches, who are currently coaching in Russia, to coach any foreigners.

5. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Philippe Pelissier (french commentator for Eurosport, and former coach of Alban Preaubert and Stannick Jeannette) said the decision was already being discussed at French Nationals ! But you know, sometimes, Philippe Pelissier says weird things !

cholla and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Sad their tenure with him ended with that fall :( He really brought them along.

What about Morozov? He coaches tons of "foreigners?"

I'm having a hard time picturing Fabian in suburban Detroit.

7. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

wrong info))

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  8. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

But they aren't coached by Shpilband & Zueva, they won't be allowed to medal :(

whatever, dance is dead to me now, anyway

9. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

The thing I don't understand : Angelica Krylova is a coach, and is from Russia. So, why can she be Pechalat&Bourzat's coach, and not Zhulin ?

10. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

she does not coach in Russia.
    I think that is what the point is here with Russian Federation.

11. Katta

Katta New Member

Because she's not based in Russia?

12. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Searching for Cizeron's Instagram

because she is not getting huge financial support from RSF, Zhulin is supported financial by RSF and they want him to dedicate fully to Russian students

13. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

Zhulin does not only get "support" from the Russian Federation. He is employed by them. That is the difference btween him and Anjelika.

14. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

He is in Russia and probably is pressured to coach only Russian teams.
    In this dokumentary @ 0235 Zhulin mentioned that after Nathalie and Fabian won Euro tittle he was advised to teach them less .It is pitty because P/B , Zhulin and Volkov were good team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-nTaG3YAn0

5 years ago Denkova/Staviski left Gorshkov for the same reason.

15. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

In their facebook page, Nathalie and Fabian mentionned that if it was up to the 4 of them (Nathalie, Fabian,Oleg and Sasha), they would still be working together. Really sad when polititians have so much power on athletes.

16. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

She doesn't seem to be in favor & in touch right now, just judging by skaters who have left her camp in the last year or two, Capp/Lanotte being the most recent.

17. mia joy

mia joy New Member

well, it's sad they were forced to make such a decision, instead of it just being theirs, but I must say I'm really happy about it. I just hate what they've become under Zhulin. I loved them when they were coached by Zazoui and now I hope they can go back to the style thay had then.

18. mia joy

mia joy New Member

I really don't understand it, the woman produced Anissina/Peizerat and Delobel/Schoenfelder, skaters should be in line to be coached by her. I also found her and Hagenauer's programs much more interesting than S/Z's.

*sorry for a double post

19. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

MBZ has no politikal clout :( Best coach in the world, IMO, but that's not enough

20. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

Yes, she must be a fantastic technical coach. However Nathalie and Fabian, after working with Zhulin and Volkov, don't seem to think that highly of her coaching system any more. They have told the press severaal times that they had to learn everthing from scratch and Fabian even said that he has been "skating" only for three years.

Maybe every time skaters change coaches they have to learn some things from scratch - Belbin and Agosto had said the same about switching to Linichuk/Karponosov. But P/B really seem to appreciate Zhulin and Volkov much more than Zazoui.

21. viv

viv New Member

Well, I loved their FD this year, so I will not complain about Zhulin. He at least made them the best European couple this year, and it definitely was not his fault that they didn't medal at Worlds.

As Nathalie apparently is in a relationship with Tomas (I only know the rumors, don't know if it's true), maybe they move to Oberstdorf. Martin Skotnicky has no top-ten couple at the moment, and their style for me seems to go together quite well.

(As long as Martin doesn't put Fabien in a costume like the Gahzi had this year... :shuffle:)

22. Eris

Eris New Member

Tomas trains in Canada, doesn't he?

23. millipied

millipied New Member

The problem with Zhulin isn't his ability as coach but rather that he coaches part-time.

24. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

If he has only one or two couples, part-time is more than enough, especially since Volkov works with them too. Zhulin said he was spending three hours a day with his students, with all three of them on the ice. How much time can Shpilband and Zoueva spend per day with each of their dozen or so couples? maybe 45 minutes each.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  25. millipied

millipied New Member

I can not comment on the truth of one or the other side. But if both Tarasova and Piseev took the complaints public, there must be something going on wrong.

26. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

The ice-dancing world seems more susceptible to these coaching ups-and-downs than the other disciplines, IMO. Remember Doreen Denny at the Broadmoor...until a bunch of top N.Am. skaters, incl Blumberg/Siebert, dropped her ca1982? Dubova? Linichuk/Karponosov -- undisputed intl ice-dance coaches until not that long ago? Zazoui is just the latest in a long line. Schpilband's coaching team seems unbeatable right now but the year will come when they too might be dropped like a sack of potatoes for political reasons unbeknownst to most of us.

27. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Yup he's been training in Richmond Hill, ON this whole season. But that's only like 4 hours from Detroit, maybe Nathalie and Fabian should go to S/Z?

28. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Looking back, I wonder if those public complaints were a way of racheting up the pressure on Zhulin to pick I/K over P/B.

29. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

30. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

ICAM, There is absolutely no excuse for the Delschoes consistantly finishing fourth despite consistantly outskating many of their rivals. Muriel is innopolitik