paul wylie interview

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by figsrus, Jul 30, 2010.

1. figsrus

figsrus New Member

2. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Is Paul coaching full time now? I hope he teaches his young students his scratch spin technique. Only he and Dorothy share that similar technique.

3. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I was hoping for some name dropping. But the interview was interesting. The new spin rules leading to skaters relearning spin technique from the ground up. "Summer is the time to put in quads and tough combos" definitely thought of Chan as he is a big fan of his-with his quad and triple axel/triple toe and "time to experiment with choreo" He is like a mentor of Abbott so I defnitely thought of him after that. Guess he will be doing commentary on Universal sports like last season.

4. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Thank you! :encore: Paul :encore:

5. Fan123

Fan123 Active Member

Paul is awesome, and thanks for the link. I look forward to the new season as how the skaters adapt to the changes.

6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I appreciate his opinions, and willingness to share them.

7. stevlin

stevlin Member

Paul said something about lower to the ice sit spins. I hope that happens. I hate when a skater does a bend over for a sit spin. Buttle and Lambiel do the best sit spins and they are really low to the ice. Plushenko's sit spins were too high off the ice.