Paul and Islam: "No Matter What"

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by kwanfan1818, Oct 29, 2013.

1. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

We were on the 51st page of the last thread with a looming shutdown :)

Discuss P&I.
  2. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Well, I think it's great they are getting some positive attention. They deserve it. I really think their star is on the rise :). Great new thread title too.
  3. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

4. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

5. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:D..Thankya..Thankya..Thankya veruh much... Gee..I named a thread ? Cool.

Thanks for posting that gala performance ! And it's even British Eurosport ! I've been checking Youtube for their coverage of the FD, but no luck, so far.. I'd really like to know what they said.

I liked these comments, though.;)
  6. lavenderblue

7. piano18

piano18 New Member

HQ version of Brit. Eurosport FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgm1xc_VcEI

Their technique is flawless, actual deep edges and real skating skills :swoon:

Next year I hope choreographers add more complex transitions. Also, their style is nothing like V&M.

This was a good move going to K&C and not S&Z. This FD isn't the best work of K&C, but good to show great skills of an internationally-unknown team.
  8. piano18

piano18 New Member

9. tonkatwofeather

tonkatwofeather Member

"Cutesy" you say?

Well. . . I guess to each his/her own.

But I thought their performance was delightful and really captured the essence of their chosen music. Really couldn't have asked for anything more. (Can't really comment on ice coverage, not having seen it live.) Didn't find them trying to be deliberately "cute" at all. . . They appeared quite "genuine" (sincere) in their interpretation. Nothing "put on" or "fake" about this team IMO.
  10. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Their SD is totally in the spirit of the musical..comparing program to program, I thought S/B's was a hodge-podge.. musically and choreographically.. but yeah, to each their own..
    clarie and (deleted member) like this.
  11. KimGOAT

KimGOAT Active Member

Are they the favorites to make it to Sochi now? Poirier & Gilles are not even eligible due to citizenship so who else does that leave.
  12. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

No, I don't think they can be considered favourites. They're my favourites, but when has that ever counted ?:lol: Piper's papers are an unknown quantity..and apart from that ,a lot will depend on how they do on the GP. They had been (undeservedly , IMO) well received nationally, but only 18th at world's which I thought was a very fair result.

So if fairly judged, P/I will be up against them (G/P), Ralph/ Hill and Orford /Williams
  13. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

:D Hey guys, it's been a while. Just wanted to bump up the thread. Nationals is just around the corner!!
  14. skatingfan04

15. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

P/I are so charming. Love them- and they have improved this year.
  16. bonmil

bonmil Member

Good luck at Nationals, P&I - great team!
  17. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

First season I pay attention to them. And I'm really happy to have discovered them now. :)
    Good luck at Nationals too.
  18. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link to the FD. I just love these guys.
  19. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Only a week to go , now. I'm crossing everything for these two. ( It's going to be hard for me to get around ..or even see where I'm going..) ;)
  20. lavenderblue

21. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

I really like their programs, especially the FD this year. I hope they can nab that third spot to Sochi--so far, I prefer them to Gilles/Poirier.
  22. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Danielle Earl has shared some pictures she took at practice on the VM thread 2 of V/M showing their new FD costumes (lovely) and 1 of P/I and their new FD costumes - Zowie ! There will be talk !... I hope she won't mind that I reposted here.. I always admire her photos.

https://twitter.com/danielleearl93

Now, I'm disposed to like this costume for Alex.. the colour is rich.. It will certainly bring drama to the program, and while I'm generally not fond of a lot of illusion fabric, That often stems from it's use on very young girls , or that the overall effect is a bit tacky , and the only objective is to titillate.

The placement of the decoration in this case is beautiful.. more flowers could be added if necessary without spoiling the design..but it's really not terribly revealing. ... and if they get to Sochi , it might help to win notice for their exquisite skating.

BTW, from what you can see of Mitch , I heartily approve of his costume..again , rich looking fabric.

I can hardly wait to see this. :swoon:
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  23. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Well-Known Member

24. Marta24

Marta24 Member

YAY!!! :cheer2:

3rd after the SD!! Go,Alex& Mitch! :cheer:
  25. liv

liv Well-Known Member

That was a good program. very enjoyable and I am glad to see them 3rd.
  26. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Finally the judges got it right. Let's hope they have a terrific skate tomorrow.
  27. tonkatwofeather

tonkatwofeather Member

Just got home from work and had to check in to see how they did.

In third place?! That's fantastic!

Now I can watch TSN coverage and relax! :40beers:
  28. tonkatwofeather

tonkatwofeather Member

Double Post
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  29. mirage

mirage Member

30. lavenderblue

So thrilled for them!! Can't wait until video surfaces, sounds like a fabulous skate.
  31. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Just watched SD top 6. All were good. Loved P/I assurance, elegance, speed and great lines and extensions. Really happy they are in 3rd. Would love to see them make Olys. Here's praying for a great skate for them tomorrow. :)
  32. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

It was lovely . They just skim and float over ice. And I love that Tracy gave their program credit for being one of the best SDs this year , in terms of being true to quick step. I've loved it from day one.
  33. Marta24

Marta24 Member

The protocols are finally out and Alex&Mitch are the only ones to get level 4 on both Finnstep sequences. :cheer:

It seems like they skated their SD perfectly. I wish, a video would surface, though :(
  34. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

They were incredible. I was on my feet and screaming at the end. They had more energy than in previous outings and they have some of the best blades in the world. Not only did they get their key points but the ice coverage in their Finnstep was excellent. And their posture and line? Wow. They truly are a world class team and i hope they know that.
    Thrilled for them.<3
    spikydurian and (deleted member) like this.
  35. Marta24

Marta24 Member

Thank you for telling your impressions of seeing them live. :)
  36. sequins

sequins New Member

Keeping my fingers crossed for today! I will be soooo happy for them if the make it to Sochi I can not even tell you. They are gorgeous skaters. I don't blame you bkfan for being on you feet they were fabulous. I don't know if they know that they are a world class team but I think they are getting there and a 3rd place today could only help. G/P have a great FD but P/I are the better team.
  37. skatingfan04

I didn't get a chance to watch the coverage until this morning, so I'm a little late to the party, but Alex and Mitch absolutely rocked!:D They were absolutely floating out there. Not only was that a gorgeous SD, they looked so relaxed and confident. They were also really into their music and connecting with one another so well (which I think has faltered in the past when they've gotten nervous). My favourite part, though, was how happy they looked at the end!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them today. They looked so in control and confident out there yesterday that I really think they'll have a great skate. By this time tomorrow, they could be Olympians!

As for the new dress, I think it was a wise choice to go for a richer colour. That being said, I thought Alex's grey dress was absolutely stunning, and I'm sad to see it go, but the red is beautiful also and will pop on the ice.

Bournekraatzfan. thank you for the report! I'm glad you were able to be there to enjoy it!
  38. Proustable

Proustable New Member

They did it.
  39. elle123

elle123 New Member

So happy for them! Can't wait to see the skates.
  40. tonkatwofeather

tonkatwofeather Member

What a wonderful skate. Sooooooo happy for them!