Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by spikydurian, Sep 10, 2012.

1. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

Patrick won't come to Japan Open.
    I was bummed :( but on second thought, maybe he should not come to Japan early in the season. Actually he had subpar performances two years in raw at JO. It's important for him to focus on the first GP event.

So will he debut his new LP at Skate Canada? Or is he going to come in a competition before Skate Canada?
    I hope he will get a good start this season.

Thank you, Emdee and Spiky. I'm not a true blue, but a green fan.:lol:
    Hope I'll meet you guys some time in the future. (Unfortunately I can't go to Canadian Nationals).

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Green is the colour of my face before Patrick skates !

3. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

Emdee, you and me both! LOL I find Canadians to be pretty stress free watching, actually. Skate Canada and Worlds, not so much. :p

4. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Seconded. There are tooth marks all over my heart. Ali-dorate, we'll probably be at the same hotel at Skate Canada if you're going with the tour. I'll look for you.

5. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I too liked Aranjuez. Perhaps it's the comparison of their styles that makes me think something was lacking in Patrick's programs last year - Lori's complex choreography and Jeff's more classical interpretation. I am concerned that the lack of that spectacular difficulty between the elements that Lori showcased, is hurting Patrick's marks because the judges simply expect more from him. And when it's not there, it's easy to hand the marks elsewhere.

6. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

So happy I can meet you again at Saint John.:) But I won't join a tour so I may not be at the same hotel as you are (I'll stay at Hilton). If you'll be in dash tour, then I'm sure I can find you. If I can't, I'll PM you.

I've tried not to think of Lori cause I miss her so much. Patrick and Lori are still my dream team. I wanted to see them together at K&C in Sochi. (I felt a bit sad when I saw Lori with Denis at London).
    Anyway, if the FS music is really the one Lori had chosen for Patrick 2 years ago, then, it may be one of the famous music from her music collection. But I trust her choice for Patrick. She always gave Patrick gorgeous dramatic music which suits him well.

7. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

In Jeffrey's defense, judging by how Patrick scored on the program components, his choreographer did a great job with the Elegy routine. Chan did place behind other skaters a couple of times in the short program last season but I remember he also lost the SP set to Nichol's Take Five more than once in 2010 and 2011. So I'm guessing the difficulty between the elements, however spectacular it may be, can't save Patrick if he messes his jumps. Especially in the SP which is also known as the "technical program." My only problem with Elegy is the footwork section. Patrick's GOE on the step sequence was less than impressive when you compare it with the GOE he got for this technical element in Take Five.

I can't say I am surprised. Does anyone know if Patrick set foot in Detroit, or wherever his permanent training base is now, between Canadian Stars on Ice and the Chinese tour? Or did he spend all that time in Canada learning his new LP? Has he had any vacation yet away from skating rinks?

It seems we are approaching 1000 posts here and we will soon need a new thread. Maybe ali dorate would like to start the next one? Just a suggestion.:)

8. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

Glad to see we'll reach 1000 posts!
    I'm willing to start the new one. But I don't have an idea for the new thread title. "Road to Sochi" is a perfect one for me. So I can't think of any better alternatives right now. Do you guys have an idea?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  9. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

road to Sochi 2. Highway to Sochi.

10. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Love Patrick. I hope this Olympics will be one where everyone skates well, and no one wins because others made mistakes.

11. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Either one would make a perfect title. Spikydurian inspired me to ask ali dorate to start the new thread when she called ali a true blue fan.:cool:

From your lips to God's ear because if no one wins due to the mistakes of others, we can be sure that Patrick wins.:D

12. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

ali dorate, my last post before you begin the next one. I agree with VarBar. I too would love to see the (most likely) last fan thread started by you.
    Couple of suggestions: Sochi - final countdown; With a happy smile and an amazing glide; Vancouver to Sochi - the final leg

13. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I love Vancouver to Sochi the final leg

14. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

Thank you so much spikydurian.

Like Emdee, I love Vancouver to Sochi too.

I really respect that he bounced back from his experience at Vancouver and has faces up to Sochi.
    What do you guys think? If it's fine for everyone else, I'll start a new thread.

15. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Please do, ali dorate. I will bring some of the old posts over to continue our 'conversation' once the new thread is up.:)

16. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

Thank you spikydurian!
    I've just posted a new thread. Let's have fun!