Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by spikydurian, Sep 10, 2012.

1. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

2. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

Actually, my daughter was once a skater herself, and an avid skating fan, but in recent years, since she left the sport, she has become more of a casual fan. This was the first SOI she had attended in many years. My oldest son, however, enjoyed coming to practices with me at Worlds quite a bit this year, and both my son & daughter were able to attend the ladies free program at Worlds, thanks to a friend of mine who left early. :)

3. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Yeah, I may have finally found my skating buddy, Corianna and luckiest1. I just found out that my Canadian colleague (from Montreal but married an Aussie) has skated (non competitive) during her younger days and she love figure skating too. She was telling me all the small tricks she can do. Her first description of figure skating to me is ... its' very technical. She wanted to teach me how to skate but I declined because my old brittle bones won't be able to withstand the consequences. I told her about live streaming (she also complained about nil figure skating t.v. telecasts in Australia) and FSU (though I warned about the biitching and lynch mob mentality here too among some posters). :D

Oh Scrufflet, you are soo funnieeee. :lol: I hold you to your words. I trust you will keep your promise

No wonder they are good friends. Just as 'silly and playful as each other'. :lol:

Thanks fscric for the vids on Patrick's skates at SOI.

4. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

5. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I find he is getting better and better looking as he ages.... and those abs!!!

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

7. sequins

sequins Active Member

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. spikydurian

9. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I think he's having fun on this tour......It sure looks like it :) Nice article on Patrick @ RM House......good for him and thanx for posting Sylvia. Nice pics VarBar :)

10. spikydurian

Patrick with the West Broadway Youth Initiative group in Winnipeg.
    I googled and I think this West Broadway Youth organisation is an organisation serving under priviledged kids?

An article from the Edmonton Sun regarding Patrick's off ice training regime to keep fit and how it is attracting the attention of skaters like Denis Ten who went to see fitness guru, Andy O'Brien too.

I read somewhere that Takahiko Kozuka is also spending some time training with Yuka Sato in Detroit Club (where Patrick and Jeremy are training too).

11. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Spiky, I appreciate all the digging around you and others do for new articles and pics. That was a nice article :). I just hope that Patrick gets himself a jump coach to keep that aspect of his skating up to par.

12. spikydurian

Shall we send him a 'petition' that we demand that he gets himself a jump coach?:lol:

13. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Somehow, I think he must be aware of how many of his fans think he must do for the coming year ........I just hope he listens ;)

14. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

:lol: Let's wait until he returns to his training base from the Stars on Ice tour before we do anything. Though I suspect that a petition coming from just casual fans would be as successful with Patrick as the petition about giving a second gold medal to Denis Ten was with the ISU.;) Maybe we can get Kurt to sign the document?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJI9eDJCMAEq60J.jpg:large

This is super cool, Patrick, great job with the moving & shaking. Too bad the video can't be viewed full screen though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItu7ve2JfY

Enjoying the sun in Calgary.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/922104_10151359891500936_60179918_o.jpg

And two recent articles with quotes from Patrick.

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Saskatoon stepping stone Chan/8325117/story.html

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/arts/going-for-gold-205352071.html

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

16. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed seeing Patrick in Stars on Ice! I hope he will spend some time as a pro before leaving the sport because I would love to see him grow as a performer the way skaters like Kurt and Jeff Buttle have.

17. spikydurian

I do wonder whether he will spend some time as a pro too. Maybe just for a couple of years or maybe he can combine studies and pro skating? Anyway, we will know in a couple of years time.:lol: Quite a few Canadian men have blossomed in pro skating and that's good for show skating fans. Maybe some day if I travel to Canada, and Patrick is still skating as in show skating, I may throw in that show in the trip. Hmm... just wishing....:)

18. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

19. spikydurian

20. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

21. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

22. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I have a favour to ask of all of you. I am looking to receive private messages about anything you wish Patrick had not said. (So this might mean you playing Devil's Advocate.) Why I want this info is because I am getting really sick of hearing what to me sounds like hysterical bullcrap about things Patrick has said. As you can tell from my signature! :lol: I've heard about and read numerous "objectionable" comments and while some seem unfortunate or debatably objectionable, nothing he has said has really bothered me. I really do feel people are making mountains out of mole hills. The reason I'm asking for private messages is because I don't want to bring people down as this is a cheer thread and I want this thread to remain a happy, celebratory thread. Thank you for considering sending me a private message about this topic. :)

23. spikydurian

^^ PeterG, no PM from me because I am not bothered by what Patrick or even other skaters say. Only unnecessary personal attacks and misrepresentation of facts bother me be it on Patrick or other skaters.

On a happy note, thanks for saying in all in your signature.:)

24. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

It's my second Chan-related signature. And I don't even consider myself an uber! :lol: But I do love his skating. I think what pisses me off the most is that during the Yagudin years and then the Plushenko years, I was bored by their dominating the sport. But I kept my mouth shut and bided my time. Now that I have a male skater who I really like and is dominating the sport, people are ****ing all over my enjoyment. I guess there were naysayers about Yagudin and Plushenko during their times. (And even AFTER their time possibly with Plushenko.) I just don't understand why people have to go on and on about someone they don't like. I don't have that much time on my hands! :D Even Denis Ten is reportedly happy with his silver. If anyone should be angry about the scoring it should be him. I'm being quite active in one of the newer Chan threads. It's unlike me. But darnitall, I'm mad as heck and I'm not going to take it anymore!! ("Network" movie reference...:) )

25. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that Peter G.........nothing Patrick has ever said has even remotely made me think that he is all his "haterz" make him out to be. With his involvement with RM House, etc., I think he's a well rounded young man, and my brief encounters with him (and his parents) solidify my opinion of him as a nice person and well as being an insanely talented and hard working one.:)

26. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Network didn't say "heck" surely. I'm with Spikey on this one, Peter G. I did wince FOR Patrick when he made the pressure remark, because I knew there would be an eruption of outrage and scorn. He does tend to blurt a bit but I finding it endearing. He is very young and not running for elected office. My response is simply not to visit those other sites. The only reason for such posts is to provoke a respond, and really - why hand them what they want. Let's just wait in peace, and surely there will be another Patrick triumph to celebrate sometime next season.

27. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that Peter G.........nothing Patrick has ever said has even remotely made me think that he is all his "haterz" make him out to be. With his involvement with RM House, etc., I think he's a well rounded young man, and my brief encounters with him (and his parents) solidify my opinion of him as a nice person and well as being an insanely talented and hard working one.:)

28. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Network said, "H...E...double hockey sticks" :p

I don't get the backlash about being able to handle the pressure. He's won three golds in a row. He handled things well enough to beat every other competitor. That's good enough for me. I also appreciate his honest and forthright-ness. I don't want to hear the publicity spiel people are fed and told to say to reporters. We've heard it a hundred times before. I like that Patrick says what's on his mind and isn't trying to baffle us with b.s.

29. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

ITA PeterG. I think people just love to hate. And Patrick has dared to say out loud what he really thinks.

30. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

PeterG for prime minister!!! :cheer: And I will get back to you in a PM for things PChiddy has said because I HAVE cringed a few times. But NOTHING comes even remotely close to negatively affecting the beauty of his skating for me! And ITA that it doesn't earn an ounce of the wrath!