Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by spikydurian, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

That's great, Lcukiest1 et. al. Will see you there. Sorry I don't have a picture to post, nor have I decided what I'm packing. I tend not to do pink, and though I've seen the purple lady too, it safe to assume i'll be in black or browndown. I've exchanged seat numbers with a few of you by PM, and also with PCfan - so we can perhaps stroll to Red Rooster together. If anyone who doesn't have my seat number would like it, just pm me.
    I'm on the same plan with my cell phone, Clarie - though I have used it a fair bit when travelling in Canada, mostly to call cabs.

2. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Why doesn't the delete button work? Why do I not see that it hasn't? World's lousiest proof reader?

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Only FSU moderators can delete posts. You can use the "Edit Post" button to edit/correct/add to/delete text from your posts for 24 hours.

arakwafan2006, glad to hear you had a positive encounter with Patrick!

4. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Thanks Sylvia, I wasn't trying to delete the post, just the typos. For some reason, my normal touch on the keyboard fails. I have to pound Cap lock. It's really, really difficult when PM-ing. The cursor seems to jump erratically.

5. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

Thank you so much, luckiest1!
    Looking forward to seeing all of you. I'll go with a hat on.:)

Did you guys read this?
    "Five favorite things with Max Aaron"
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130304&content_id=42248594&vkey=ice_news

Thank you for the compliment, Aaron! But I don't think Patrick is an appropriate person to ask for fashion advice.:lol:

Anyway I'm glad Patrick and Aaron have been getting on with each other in Colorado.
    See how Patrick was delighted at Aaron's winning t the 2013 U.S. Championships.
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130306&content_id=42354590&vkey=ice_news

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  7. PCFan

PCFan New Member

Hope you all don't mind if I tag along, because Wednesday sounds great. I'll be easy to spot since I'm not the typical skating fan, being someone of color, I usually stick out like a sore thumb.

8. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

The more the merrier, for a PC cheer session :lol: At least you don't have to make a loud fashion statement like moi. (orange coat with fur collar).

9. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

The more the merrier!

ETA clarie, jinx!

10. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Oh luckiest1, now I know how you look like. (BTW...Hi Luckiest1 mum. Nice 'virtual' meeting you!) I see three very nice and friendly people with great smiles! luckiest1, my birthday is this weekend and I hope that Patrick can give us our best post birthday gifts ...you know what.

Emdee and PCFan, don't assume you are going to be the only East Indians and sore thumbs in the crowd. If you are not, luckiest1, clarie, corianna and ali dorate may have a hard time looking out for both of you. Clarie, are you very sure that you are going to be only couple in orange and fur?:lol: I think it's safer, like profdeb has suggested to wear purple and purple coloured hair... ok let's be a bit more original .... maybe a hot pink or yellow scarf!

I am sure he's been getting tips from Tess. ;)

So glad you all are making an effort to meet up. I always find it more interesting to have group of friends/fans with shared interest watching exciting events like Worlds. Spread the anxiety, excitement and most of all .. joy!

Off on the plane in 5 hours time. But still hope to be able to log on wifi to share your excitement. Way to go ladies .. Luckiest-Corianna-Alidorate-Clarie-PCFan-Emdee :cheer:

L - loving
    C - confident
    A - and
    C - colourful
    P - Patrick
    E - everyday

11. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Packing tonight, parrot to parrot-sitter tomorrow, last minute stuff, in the car and off to London on Sat.........Wheeee!!!!!!!

12. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Great Clarie! You are making a week of it. We will only be going down tuesday evening.

I am so nervous for our boy!

13. luckiest1

Watching those CTV interviews, hearing how badly he wants this one, and then contrasting that with the predictions I'm reading that place him silver, bronze, or worse.....makes me a bit nervous for him too. I hope he surprises people. I wish I could will it! I am glad we are meeting, I am going to need moral support prior to the short LOL.

14. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Me too - Itry not to think of it.
    You have to remember that Yags was also retooling before the Olys and see what happened when he got there and keep the faith.

He also wants it for all of canada!

15. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Perhaps but he won't get there with a dance teacher as his coach. He needs a real skating coach who can see what's going on with his jumps and how to fix them. He can't do it on his own and right now he is. Christy Krall had him on a schedule that worked and now he doesn't have that.

16. PCFan

PCFan New Member

Thanks for being so welcoming. :)

17. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

:lol:You're very welcome!!!

18. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Kevin Reynolds' current jump content difficulty wise is superior to Aaron's. Kevin has five quadruple jumps overall in his two programs as opposed to Max's only three and while Max tends to get higher GOEs on his jumps than Kevin does on his, he obviously can't make up for the missing third quad in the free skate that would probably also boost his PC score a little. So, yes, I agree with you, if both skate clean Kevin still wins for now.

Could Patrick raising his hands over his head before the takeoff on the 3Lutz/3T combination (beauty:swoon:) be one of the changes Jeffrey made to his SP choreography?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnT46WPzK8w

A couple of funny pictures from Detroit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDp3SbjCAAAwYg4.jpg:large

http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/55975dcc82ff11e2a47422000a9e28eb_7.jpg

19. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

In the first photo, it's a beautiful "white" rose between two "dark" flowers (take your choice of flower type because everything I came up kind of smacked of something I didn't mean :) ha).
    The second photo looks like Patrick is getting pointers on how to dance. Kaitlyn is definitely a prettier partner for Andrew.

20. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

Go Patrick,others may have given up on you and yeah it has been a struggle to stay motivated but I still BELIEVE you can repeat as champion, esp if your 3axels are back in and all your jumps, spins, footwork seq etc are working properly, then not even Fernandez with his 3 quads, or the Asian wave could catch you then...

21. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Well, here we are, all checked into the "Bates" motel ;) in London.........fridge, phone, lights didn't work until we got management to fix everything. Glass shelf in bath fell in the middle of the night, scaring the living daylights out of us...........at least it's clean with no bedbugs. :lol: This comes from booking late. Main thing is we are here and looking forward to our week. Go Patrick!!!!! (and V&M :)) and all the other Canuck skaters.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hope now all will be OK! Enjoy your time at WCH!

23. blueglass

blueglass New Member

Hi everyone. For my first post, I thought I'd wish all Patrick fans good wishes, steady nerves and urge all to have faith in his abilities. I thought his skating at Canadians was impressive, but it's just the FP choreography that's letting him down a bit - it seemed lacking in some way but that could just be my expectations after Nichol's programs. However, I still think he has the edge in the judges' minds and Patrick's always been able to step up when it counts at worlds. I still think it's his trophy to lose and I don't believe he'll let us down.

24. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Only a few more days! clarie - may I ask what the name of your hotel is? I am thinking of packing a sleeping bag et al.

25. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Oh, she definitely is but how about a Kaitlyn/Patrick pairing? Because I like Patrick's posture and lines better than Andrew's in that photo.:p lol

PChiddy looks gorgeously presentable in this picture here, perhaps he should wear suit and tie more often.:cool:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8230/8494286432_f0af329999_b.jpg

From your lips to God's ears, blueglass.:D

26. luckiest1

That's a great picture. :) I am heading down to see the unveiling of the light show at 9 pm, and plan to be at the first men's practice bright and early tomorrow morning. I have everything crossed that Patrick will skate well this week.

27. luckiest1

Sorry I wasn't reporting yesterday from practice, but I forgot to charge my phone before leaving home and it died. I'm sure you've already read that Patrick didn't show up for the first practice in the alternate arena, but he came to the second one in the main rink, and he did not put a foot wrong. He skated the short cleanly, all the way through, and got a standing ovation from most of the crowd. He was smiling and happy and waving. His quads and triple axles look amazing. I don't believe I saw him miss one jump the whole practice. I am heading back down soon for dance and then men again. I am sick, unfortunately, but I am trying not to miss too many practices (definitely not mens!). I hope I am feeling better for the actual competition days.

28. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Take care luckiest1 see you soon.

29. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I watched Patrick's practise yesterday and he looked pretty good to me. I'm thinking he'll be just fine. He did a runthrough of his short and looked really great. fingers x'd. He did some quads and got a fine reception from the mostly Canadian audience of course. I didn't stay to watch the Japanese guys.

Btw, My dh and I are in 314.........far from ice but with good view.......our seats are mostly in E and G row (moving around a bit). Going to the practice rink today to watch pairs, dance.

30. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Awaiting your reports Clarie.
    we are in 108.