Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by spikydurian, Sep 10, 2012.

1. crosses9

crosses9 New Member

I totally agree:cheer2:
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for this link, I really enjoyed watching Patrick watch Barishnakov and practice his posture/balance/movements in the studio. Very interesting!
  3. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Wow...thanx for that link...enjoyable for sure. I think Patrick and Team Canada have a terrific chance at the World Team Event. He comes across as the nice kid he is......but very focused and confident............certainly not arrogant. I think he has a rather endearing personality that haterz just don't want to see.
  4. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Yes, thanks for the link. Made my morning great.
  5. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

6. totoro8673

totoro8673 New Member

I'll set off to Tokyo today.:) I hope that Patrick will show good performace in his programs!
  7. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I just hope he has a great time and can ignore all the backlash from poor judging, not poor skating.
  8. spikydurian

spikydurian New Member

Thanks VarBar for the pictures. Looks like Patrick is having a great time, and certain he has kind of bonded very well with Weaver and Poje judging from the pictures.
    (Oh yes Profdeb, Poje is darn hot! ;) )

totoro8673, yes please. Do post your report and pictures here.

I like it when the competition's in Japan because the time difference is only two hours so it means ..I can watch after work! :cheer:
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  9. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

10. luckiest1

In the eastern timezone, it means getting up at 3:35 am for the men's short. Not sure I can manage that, but since Patrick is skating last, perhaps it will be closer to 4:30 am? LOL I will try.
  11. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Too bad we're so far apart, but maybe we can pretend we're having a pajama party. I'll toast you both as PC skates.
  12. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Toasting will be great with a nice cup of capucinno!
  13. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Emdee, I'll be thinking of you all while i search for my frother.
  14. spikydurian

spikydurian New Member

My favourite breakfast - cappuccino and cinnamon toast!

Wouldn't it be great if us all live near each other? I can imagine the fun in sharing one's excitement and disappointment..... just like most guys who congregate at pubs to watch those football matches in Australia. I will be thinking of you all too when watching the WTT this evening (my time).:)

I don't think there will be as much pressure in WTT so I hope everyone will have a great skate.

luckiest1, whenever the competitions are held in Europe or Canada, I have to stay up a.m. to watch the competitions. Most times, I just watch the men and go back to bed. Sometimes, I couldn't wake up.:lol:
  15. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

After I had a problem with some brands of milk DH makes me my cap with the dolce gusto machine.
    It's easy and he makes a perfect cup every time.
  16. luckiest1

I'll be lucky if I get the laptop turned on, let alone make myself a cup of anything. :lol: I'm thinking about taking the laptop to bed with me.
  17. sequins

sequins New Member

I hope so to. I know the other day I read a comment somewhere saying that Patrick should have some decency, drop out of WTT and not show his face for awhile? WTF? I mean really, what do they want from this guy? It's not his fault,he's not the judge, damn it! Anyway good luck Patrick and Team Canada, even though I really hate this event:lol: but I hope they have fun and skate well.
  18. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Idiots will be idiots.........I hope he nails everything there at WTT........they want him to go away so their favorites have a better chance :lol:
  19. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I've actually developed a real sympathy for Plushenko fans through all this!
  20. spikydurian

spikydurian New Member

Wakey, wakey luckiest1. The men's SP is on now.:)
  21. luckiest1

I'm here, I'm here! LOL Just in time to see Kevin splat.

ETA and our boy is in 1st! Not the cleanest of skates but he got the job done. Love the moose hat dance in the K&C! ;)
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  22. spikydurian

spikydurian New Member

:lol: You have sharp ears..you can hear me from across the Pacific Ocean. :cheer:

I thought Team Canada was a wee bit too serious after Kevin's skate .... at least they did a little jig after Patrick. :D

LOL I ate my dinner in front of the computer . Setting a bad example to my family. Now time for a shower before the ladies SP. Are you going back to bed luckiest1? Where is everyone? Snoozing?
  23. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

I'm here. Saw the whole of the men's. A little disappointed for our lad, but at least he rotated the quad and got credit. Didn't find the frother, Emdee, so toasted you all with standard black but good coffee. Kevin will rotate something in the long, I'm sure. I'm staying up for Kaetlyn, Gabby et. al, then back to bed. Ah, the pleasures of semi- retired self employed.
  24. luckiest1

No going back to bed for me, my regular wake up time is 5:30 a.m. Hoping to see most of the ladies before I have to leave at 7:00 a.m. for work. But I've made some arrangements to be able to stay home a bit later tomorrow for the men's free! ;)
  25. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Just got up and checked results. At least he is in first.
  26. spikydurian

spikydurian New Member

I envy!:)

My bedtime soon. Chat again tomorrow.
  27. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

This is my third time seeing Patrick at WTT and today, like always, he had not recovered from his jet lag.

He wasn't flying across the ice. He didn't get enough momentum for 4T. I think he felt weariness.
    But I'm sure he'll come along tomorrow. (He landed solid 3A during 6 minutes' warm-up. Fingers crossed for him to land 3A in the second half).

Actually I didn't expect much today because I knew he suffered jet-lag as always. (Only one day practice before competition is not enough for him to recover). It's OK for me as he already presented me (us) that perfect SP in London.

What made me happy was that he really enjoyed this event sitting in the Canadian team seat. Last year he was not in good mood for many reasons. I thank Kaitlyn and Andrew for always making Patrick laugh. It seems Detroit will be a suitable place for him to train.

As he skated last today, he had to warm up on the ice filled with flowers (for Dai who skated before Patrick). It's interesting to see how he got around those flowers with that beautiful skating.:swoon:
  28. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Hi Ali_dorate,
    If you would like to see the photo my DD took in London PM me your email address!

Glad you have seen PC at his best. I hope he makes sure to leave really early for the Olys next year.

I will be seeing him on CSOI at the end of the month.
  29. luckiest1

Thank you very much for your report ali_dorate! I am happy you were able to attend. :)
  30. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Hello again, Ali_dorate, thanks. Have fun at the rest.
  31. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

Thank you guys!
    I miss all of you so much.

I'll enjoy and will find something you guys would like. ;)
    Actually Patrick showed us lots of interesting performances at K&C. Please check the vids of other skaters of Canadian team. Patrick is doing a really good job as a team leader.:lol:

Thank you so much! I'll PM you.:)
  32. fscric

fscric Active Member

ali_dorate, thank you for the report. I hope today will be better and more enjoyable.
  33. spikydurian

spikydurian New Member

Thanks ali dorate. I know right now you are in the crowd watching the pairs.:)
    Yes, I over heard Patrick trying to tell the team what to do after Kaetlyn's skate. :lol:
    I feel happy seeing the team having so much fun besides competing. Hoping to see him skate to a better LP this time despite the jet lag.
  34. luckiest1

That was hard to watch, it seemed like he ran out of gas part way through the program. Happy to see him smile in the K&C at the end. I bet he's glad the season is now over. Happy for Daisuke & Kevin. Now onwards and upwards to CSOI! :)
  35. spikydurian

spikydurian New Member

Looks like he's completely spent. :( Great that Kevin has a fantastic skate.
  36. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

The good news is the Olys comes early next year. This is too late for them.
    However Kev did a great job and Dai fans will be happy.
  37. spikydurian

spikydurian New Member

Don't think he has much preparation too. I think right after Worlds, he had a speaking commitment at a school. He's having quite a bit of show commitments after this. I hope he really gets into regular training and concentrate on full preparation for Sochi after the June show in China and Taipei. He needs that to up his consistency, I think.
  38. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Spiky I think he took the first part of this years season really easy. The ramped up after Christmas.
    Next year he will have to do the run throughs all the time.
    The danger of overtraining and hurting yourself is also there.
    I didnt know he was going to china and taipei in June after CSOI.
    I wonder whether his show program in CSOI will have some elements of his new free.
  39. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

He needs a new coach .........and fast!!!!
    kwanette and (deleted member) like this.
  40. fscric

fscric Active Member

I'm afraid he's burnt out and the hate he must know throwing at him doesn't help his mindset either.