Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by spikydurian, Sep 10, 2012.

1. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

Nope. Pretty sure Jeff also attended French school, though perhaps not the same one as Patrick as there are more than one up here ;)

2. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

^^ Somehow at the back of mind, I remembered reading somewhere that Jeff also went to a French immersion school though my aging grey matter may be playing tricks on me.:D

3. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Patrick and Paul Poirier went to the same French Immersion school in Toronto. I think Jeff is from Sudbury? Sault? So may have been to a local french immersion school.

4. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

:lol: You will notice that I have my own difficulties with languages even when I can turn to machine translation.

Could someone provide a human translation to these lines please?

Not sure I understood the next paragraph either except that they seemingly asked David Wilson if there's anything Patrick is missing and he seemingly responded in the negative.

http://www.facebook.com/txfigure

5. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think if you replace slip with skate you will get the meaning.
    They were overwhelmed by his skate and thought it was the skate of a champion/king!

6. vigiliae

vigiliae New Member

Replace "slip" with "glide" then you'll get the actual meaning :)
    You've got right for the second one.

ETA: Emdee beat me ;)

7. Proustable

Proustable New Member

From icenetwork

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  8. fscric

fscric Active Member

Proustable, thanks for bringing this over. It's obvious Patrick is a great person to train with, we've heard it from Joshua Farris and now Max Aaron.

9. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

Thanks for the correction :).

10. spikydurian

Thanks Proustable. Found this vid: Patrick and Max as training buddies and friends.
    http://www.koaa.com/news/local-figure-skater-learns-from-the-best/#!prettyPhoto/0/

fscric, I agree that there is always something to learn when training with one's competitive peers if we set our hearts and minds to learn from each other instead of being envious. I remembered reading somewhere that Patrick had learned a lot from Buttle when he joined the senior men.

Thanks Vigilae for the translation. I think Team Japan is as strong if not stronger than Team NA. Don't think Team Japan will be easy to beat. Anyway, looking forward to JO with the great list of figures skaters involved. And most of all, can't wait to see Patrick's new program.:cheer2:

11. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Article link is: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120924&content_id=38938836&vkey=ice_news

12. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

:respec:

Which one of them should we believe, David or Patrick?;)

Thanks emdee and vigiliae.

You can see it in his smile.:D I'm sure there's things Patrick too has learned from Max, not just Aaron from Chan. I do think that being training mates and buddies is benefitting both of them.

As a European, I should normally be rooting for Team Europe but I've never had any favorite team at any team event in figure skating, just favorite skaters. And there's quite a few in the JO line-up that I enjoy watching.

13. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Noted on Golden Skate, but apparently Jayne Torvill or Christopher Dean is working with Patrick Chan (as per their twitter).

14. spikydurian

Thanks for the heads up, Proustable. OMG .. I am sooo excited. Can never forget T & D's classic Bolero. I guess .. it's his exhibition piece or maybe something for the ice show in Ontario in December? Whatever, can't wait to see what they and Patrick are working on. :rollin:
    What 'inside joke'?

15. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness - who is giving Patrick Chan advice? I want to write a letter confessing my love!

16. fscric

fscric Active Member

What great news! I love Christopher Dean's work, can't wait to see the new exhibition programme.

17. spikydurian

Likely that Christopher Dean and Patrick are working together on a new EX? And it has something to do with a cap! Here's pix of Christopher and Patrick after practice.
    https://twitter.com/torvillanddean/status/252033189592301568/photo/1
    Gee.. so many things to look forward to this season. Three new choreographers for Patrick. He's keeping his word that he's exploring this season. Go Patrick .. no venture no gain.

18. The Accordion

SO. LOOKING. FORWARD TO THIS SEASON.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  19. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Now I think I understand the full meaning behind Dean's words "Hats off to him".;)

A new exhibition program involving a cap? That sort of brings me back to the Hat Trick routine Christopher choreographed for Jayne and himself as professional skaters.

Chan working with legendary Dean, how cool is that?:smokin:

20. The Accordion

21. spikydurian

^^^ That was very interesting, and thanks TA. Hope Christopher does not use the same music and come out with something different for Patrick. If I have a wish.... I would like to see Patrick perform to some kind of 'tap dancing' on ice.:D

22. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

23. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Haven't seen Kulik's baseball cap number before, wonder if Patrick has.;)

The Accordion, I think I know what you mean by 'Hmmm' but Ilia and Patrick are two different skaters and their caps seem to be quite different in...color, right? lol

Hope so too. Well, it's just an exhibition program after all and Dean's input is always valuable for someone like Chan who seeks to improve his showmanship.

24. spikydurian

Article link:http://www.skatecanada-centralontario.com//congratulations slhf.html

25. vigiliae

vigiliae New Member

Congrats to both! It is quite suprising that Brian had n't been honoured until now..

BTW I'm flying to Japan tomorrow; looking forward to see Patrick's new program there.

26. spikydurian

^^^ Oh pleeeeease vigiliae, post pictures and best still .. :Dvids of Patrick's new programs here.:rollin:
    Have a great time and report back.

27. vigiliae

vigiliae New Member

Unfortunately photographing/vid recording is strictly prohibited in Japan.
    I'll try my best to report something soon ;)

28. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

Dean also included a hat in a routine for Kurt and Stars on Ice years back. Kurt is an expert with the hat :cool:

29. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

His jumps were great at the warm up. I saw beautiful 4T-3T right in front of me and he did a solid 3A. So it maybe because he has not been used to the rhythm of this new program.

Though I don't like the music cut, we can see cheerful, cute and sincere young man in this program. It will develop for sure. I love it.

It was a bit heartaching to see Christy and Patrick together without that big laugh they used to have.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  30. spikydurian

Thanks ali dorate. I am worried with him falling in JO. Really hope he gets the program together on time and concentrate on training between now and the Worlds. I have been wondering how the music cut will turn out. How was it done?