Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by spikydurian, Sep 10, 2012.

1. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

:lol: I think that's a great idea! Send this suggestion to Skate Canada. The forthcoming Nationals will be a good start. Votes to come from the audience.

2. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I do remember Patrick saying sometime at the beginning of this current season he would have landed his best quads at 2011 Worlds but it seems that the numbers sort of disagree with him.:p Unless he was specifically thinking of the 4T/3T combination.

Free skates:

2011 Worlds - 4T - 11.59; 4T/3T - 16.83
    2012 4CC - 4T - 12.16; 4T/3T - 16.54
    2012 Worlds - 4T - 12.73; 4T/3T - 16.69

2012 Cup of Russia - 4T -13.01; 4T/3T - 16.54

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  3. PCFan

PCFan New Member

4. spikydurian

I haven't seen this pix before PCFan. Who made the decision to buy him this top? Fortunately, his recent costumes didn't look a bit like this although some fans did find the 'lacey back' midnight blue top from Elegie as wee bit too see through. :D

I think his quads has been quite coonsistent then! :)

Do you all think he'll finally unveil the Dean's Ex in Sochi GPF?

Here's some fluff of very young Patrick, Tessa, Scott, Jessica and Ryan in 2004! They are all sooo cute.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  5. vigiliae

vigiliae New Member

the IFS article is fantastic, I was deeply moved by the last part. it's so great to see him want to be a pioneer of this sport. definitely a true champ's mindset.

BTW Patrick was announced as a regular cast member of next year's CSOI tour(finally!)

http://starsonice.ca/news-nov30-2012.php

ticket sales starts at Dec. 7th. is anybody planning to go?

6. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

Thank you so much for the info!
    I'm so glad both for us and for Patrick. This will definitely improve his financial conditions.
    And if he feels like continuing his career as a show skater after his retirement, how great that would be!

7. puglover

puglover Active Member

Great news - I hope Calgary is still on the tour. He is a fantastic addition.

8. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I am so excited that he will be on CSOI. Shall book our tickets as soon as they come out in December. Thats the only way to be sure of getting good seats. If anyone knows the pre booking code please let me know.

Thanks

9. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  10. spikydurian

:lol: I think ali dorate will be disappointed as it looks like his hair is as short it can get. On a brighter note, maybe he just returned from a bike ride to the mountains, hence his hair looks flatter and shorter than normal (from wearing the crash helmet). :p
    Thanks VarBar. Good to hear that Patrick is getting more comfortable with his programs and looking forward to exploring Sochi as well. He seems to be on high spirits. Go Patrick go. Give it your best short. We will be :cheer2: for you.

I will definitely go if I live only a few hundred km from Canada.:( IF CSOI tour every come to my part of the world, I will not miss it (so long they come to Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane).

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  11. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

Thank you VarBar!
    Right after reading your line, I was convinced something was amiss with his hair.
    But this is too much (or too short)!!:wuzrobbed
    I wonder if this hair goes with those romantic costumes.

OK. I wanna see the blight side of this situation.
    Patrick was always in good shape and did well in competitions when his hair was short. So I'm glad he'll get off to Sochi in good condition.:respec:

Good luck and enjoy the city, Patrick. Hope he'll find some nice (not expensive) restaurants.

12. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I will definitely go. Will book on Monday hope to get good seats.

13. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Stars on Ice is coming to Kingston this year....so I'm going......Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahh!!!. V&M will also be there. I'm going to try to get on ice seats so I can hear the skating..........I love the sound.......I know, it sounds silly.

14. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

So happy for you Clarie!
    My DD studied at Queens so we frequently made the trip to Kingston when she was there.
    Clarie do you have the password for on ice seats the presale starts tomorrow. Try Kurt but not sure what will work.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I am happy for you all! Glad Patrick will be in CSOI cast this time :)
    But it said V-M amd PC will missed Yu-Na spring show.

16. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Pani I think this is part of a sponsorship deal that will continue until Olympics. This is a huge thing for PC and VM.

Besides if Yuna is going for the Olys she may only have one show and not two.

Also there is no other way for pC to feel the'Canadian'love.

Anyway I am absolutely thrilled as I see him this month as well along with Kurt, Elvis Jeff and Joannie and have on ice tickets.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, i think this was werid to not see Patrick at CSOI.
    And i think they could ask some pairs team from Canada to made CSOI. I think pair skaters usually good in shows, becasue they could show such amazing risky elements.

18. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

I'm so thrilled that Patrick will skate with CSOI this year! It lists London as a stop, so I will be on the look out this week for presales.

19. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Luckiest presale code is Kurt - it opened today at 10 am.

20. elle123

elle123 New Member

Do you have a link? I don't see anywhere where I can put in the code to buy tickets.

Please and thank you :)

21. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

My DD did it for me through Tickemaster.

Where it says enter your code you put in Kurt.

22. luckiest1

London does not show up as an option on the Ticketmaster site.

23. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Maybe it isnt handled by ticketmaster .
    Areyou sure they are going to london this year? Maybe they have replaced it with Kingston?

24. luckiest1

They are definitely coming to London. I got the email from the venue this afternoon with the presale link. As I suspected, it was using their own box office. I was able to buy 2 seats in the section & row that I wanted so YAY! :)

25. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

26. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

CAN ANYONE TELL ME a way to get to the Stars on Ice pre-sale link for Victoria? Thanks in advance!

27. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Give this a try:
    http://starsonice.ca/presale/
    (password = patrick)

28. spikydurian

29. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Spiky,
    DD used to skate as a young girl so we would go to every show. The SOI used to hire all the Russian greats and we were lucky to see K&P, U&Z, G&P live along with our own B&K. I will always remember seeing Katia and Sergei live - they skated almost in their own world. The closest I have seen to that is the V&M Mahler at the Olys . Then we stopped going for a few years and when the Olys were over we wanted to see V&M skate Mahler and did.
    I feel really sad that you are unable to watch live skating of this calibre but nowadays we have the miracle of you tube and free online watching to ease the pain.

Shall certainly give you a report of CSOI next year but before that I will be seeing PC next Friday and of course at the Worlds.

30. luckiest1

I got seats at centre ice in row A, which is what I went for. Can't really afford on ice seats. I had these same seats a couple of years ago and loved them! So I look forward to it in April. But I, too, will be seeing Patrick next week, on Thursday evening at COI in Stratford. Can't wait! Unfortunately, I will be travelling this weekend so I won't be online for the GPF. I have my PVR set to tape the CBC coverage.