Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by spikydurian, Sep 10, 2012.

1. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Me 2... #1 looks too feminine IMO. Looks like costume for La Boheme? Nice blue.

fscric, I understand Tu Ly is a well known designer in Canada. His POTO costumes were nice though. I like his red Aranjuez top too. :D

2. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

3. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of the black lace look either for him, so I voted for the blue costume.

4. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

Lace and frills always make skaters look blurry to me... :shuffle:

5. spikydurian

:lol: You are being vague or polite.
    Oh yeah VarBar, one of my favourite costumes for Patrick was his plain white tee and jeans in Mannish Boy. Very Patrick. :)
    He must have 'mountain biked' to the top of the Colorado mountains (I assume it's in Colorado)?

6. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

I'm sorry they don't work out for you.:lol:
    But I lurrrve that navy blue dress Patrick wore on the EX "Time to say Good-by" in 08/09 season.
    So I'm more than happy if Patrick wear this one as his new SP costume.:saint:

And I think he needs to do something about his hairstyle when wearing that costume.:)

7. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I wasn't thinking of a costume that plain but I agree with you that Mannish Boy was a cool look for Patrick...although I would have liked him to wear a more presentable t-shirt every now and then.:lol:

Which reminds me, found the source of amusement for naan and vigiliae in the latest ALL That Skate.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1-KBF3iHqGM#t=107s

How about a perm? I think a perm would work pretty well with frou-frou and laces. Jk, so long as Patrick keeps looking like an athlete on the ice rather than some unidentifiable creature, he will have my full support no matter what costumes he wears or how his hair is done. I suspect the frill& lace is for Elegy and the other one for La boheme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsxInjmRgM8&feature=g-like

Kathy Johnson seems like a very nice person to be around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN8eUBFKhlo&list=UUfzmDO8fK0rKFYIzfxm2KFA&index=3&feature=plcp

Must be taking a great deal of courage to change coaches and choreographers at the same time. Hopefully it's gonna pay off for Patrick.:kickass:

8. spikydurian

This hairstyle may suit his La Boheme? http://janeaustensworld.files.wordp...jean-louis-andre-theodore-gericault.jpg?w=500

:lol: That's PChiddy.

I hope so too. The Chans must have their reasons. We will just have to wait and see how things go. Can't wait to see his programs with Buttle and Wilson.

9. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

:lol: Clarie, your reaction to outfit number one....

When I saw it, I said out loud "Oh holy god no".

Alas, mine is an unconditional love, and so lace or no lace, go Chiddy.

And SpikeyD, that hair! So debonair.

How are they going to cut one whole minute from Elegy? I was watching his world's exhibition again, and it's such the perfect cut at 3.5mins. How, HOW?!

10. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

Why not?:lol: At least Rodolfo is a romantic poet, not a short-haired athlete like Patrick in last season.
    My love is also unconditional, but I'll love him more if he shows up with a little bit long hair. ;)

I think that is one of the problems when we'll see new SP after watching that gorgeous EX version many times.
    Cut the music from such perfect editing is a hard work which may not be paid off. Because we have become used to the longer version. I'm afraid some people would say "Alas! The Ex version was way better than this".

11. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Wow, a new thread for Chan ubers! Still I like his partly-revealed-costumes!

12. spikydurian

Lucky Patrick to have fans like jl22aries and Ali Dorate. Guess Clarie and Spiky are a tad too OLD-fashioned. :lol:

Let's see whether Tu Ly will reduce the lacey look in the blue costume?:D

13. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I'm not old fashioned....just old:lol:. He could wear bicycle pants and a bra, and I would still love him ;).......so maybe a ruffle or two would be ok..:slinkaway

14. spikydurian

15. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

I suspect it's jade.

16. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

:lol:
    That has to be 18th century hairstyle and I think he would need 19th century to fit the story.;)

I'm sort of fearing that kind of reaction too but maybe a gorgeous quadruple jump will make up for what's lost on the choreographic side? If anything is lost though. Btw, did Chan skate his new Elegie version at High Performance Camp? Did anyone mention his skate at all? PJ perhaps?

On the ice? For everyone to see? :eek: Let's not push it, clarie.:lol:
    I have the feeling we will be happy with the look of Patrick in both costumes though. I don't think his Elegy one is as frilly and lacey in the big picture as it seems to be when we look at separate enlarged parts of it.

Thought of jade too.

Spikydurian, thank you for the two pictures. Patrick's shirt in the first picture, isn't it the same one as here?

http://twitter.com/TCSBears/status/246704597681451008/photo/1/large

What was he doing at Trinity College School other than taking funny pictures with pretty girls?

Lastly, congratulations to Patrick Chan on winning the first John Ralston Saul Award.

http://twitter.com/francaisavenir/status/248516987901333504/photo/1/large

Who is John Ralston Saul?

I'm afraid ali_dorate will be disappointed in that picture because Patrick's hair is still short.:(

17. walei

walei Well-Known Member

It could also be Buddhist prayer beads, or feng shui crystals that is quite popular amongst Asians.

18. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

19. spikydurian

^^^ Thanks jl22aries. Some of the Thomas Sabo bracelets are very pretty. The one which caught my eye costs $700 over. :rolleyes:

Clarie & VarBar, what do you think will happen If Patrick appears on the ice one fine day in bicycle tights and bra? :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ralston_Saul#PEN_International
    Hey, Canadians should know! I googled …. Ralston Saul is an eminent Canadian philosopher/thinker and his wife was the Governor-General of Canada! Apparently, he just completed a series of lectures around Australia too,
    Not sure what is the award for? Assume it’s something related to service? Can someone elaborate?

He was the first speaker for the Mac Campbell Lecture Series to the year 12 graders in Trinity College Ontario. http://www.northumberlandview.ca/ind...play&sid=17294

20. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Knew that he was Adrienne Clarkson's husband and was a writer but didnt know he was such a luminary .

If PG appears in bicycle tights and a bra he will remind everyone of Lloyd Eisler. He will have to fill out in some areas though!

21. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

If shows up like that, women will be throwing bras instead of panties......than Patrick will have all the bras he needs to match the panties :lol:

You can tell everyone is getting antsy here and elsewhere.....these last few weeks are the hardest :rolleyes:

22. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Patrick's haters would probably concede that Chan finally managed to get them entertained while being quick though to point out that Patrick Chan definitely lost his mind. And Patrick's ubers would probably say he's cute, funny, innovative, adorable with a wonderful sense of humor and a real joy to watch. How did I do?;)

Good start for Chan's post-skating career, didn't he tell a reporter he would like to join politics once he has hung up his skates?

Could it be this Llyod Eisler?:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhiJbjXAyzQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=178s

23. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

The very same. But he obviously likes cross dressing because I was thinking of the EX they did with Isabel dressed as a man and Lloyd as a woman.
    I can still see the petite Isabel twirling her moustache!

24. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

If you scroll down the page, you will find a little video where Patrick talks of the benefits for him of being able to speak both official languages of Canada. He says, among other things, that being able to speak French gave him several unforgettable experiences. For instance, during his stay in Nice for the World Championships, he could share his experiences with French supporters and skaters. Patrick encourages all Canadians to be proud of their bilingual heritage.

http://www.french-future.org/en/qui-sommes-nous/prix

Mystery solved.:D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  25. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

Thank you!
    I wish I could understand what he said.
    I'm glad to know he enjoyed having good time with French supporters and skaters at Nice.

Yes, I am.:lol:
    But it's still early in the season. I'll cling to hope. Please, Patrick, don't forget you'll play a role of a romantic poet.

26. spikydurian

Oh you are wonderful, VarBar. A :40beers: specially for you!
    Aren’t most Canadians bilingual? (Hmm.. that's the impression I get from my Canadian colleagues though not all are highly proficient in both English and French). Isn’t Buttle from the same school as Patrick? So Buttle should be bilingual as well? Like ali dorate, I don’t understand a single word except ‘merci’. :lol:

:rofl:That’s hilarious and the crowd seems to be having great fun.

I like your positivity, ali dorate. Looking at his super short hair now, it will take at least six months to grow to shoulder length ... in time for the Worlds! :D

27. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Spiky,
    I am not bilingual not that many are!

No, Paul Poirier and Patrick were both in french immersion school.

28. spikydurian

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/2012/09/18/skating-stars-coming-to-city

Patrick will be part of the cast in 'Celebration on Ice' tour. The other casts include four-time world champion Kurt Browning, two-time Olympic silver medalist Elvis Stojko, Olympic bronze medalist Joannie Rochette, world champion Jeffrey Buttle, Canadian champions Cynthia Phaneuf, Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford, Canadian silver medalist Shawn Sawyer, along with world extreme ice skating champions Violetta Afanasieva and Pete Dack.

29. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Newmarket is not all that far for me.
    I shall try to make it!

30. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

Jeff is bilingual because he grew up in Northern Ontario, where many communities were either French or bilingual. He might not have attended the same school as Patrick.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012