Patrick Uber Thread - from Vancouver to Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by ali_dorate, Jun 24, 2013.

1. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

2. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Thanks VarBar. Couldn't hear what he was saying. He looks serious.:lol:

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

4. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Not sure if having your girlfriends mother as your coach is what i would call preparation. It might have helped if she was an actual figure skating coach. I get the feeling Patrick is calling all the shots now since he probably got tired of Christine Krall pushing him which is what he still needs.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  5. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat to see that smile!

7. spikydurian

Yes! That's our PChiddy with his signature smile. :) :) He does worry me when he looks serious.

Just another article I picked up on Patrick recently. (Note sure whether this was posted elsewhere.) At least Steve Buffery chose a nicer pix not one where the skater is jumping or spinning. :D

Corianna, I am with you in relation to his costume for Vivaldi. I hope Tu Ly will design something simple for his FS. There is no character involved in this program so maybe an all black or dark blue with minimum fuss will bring out his lines, speed and skating skills.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  8. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

If Patrick skates badly at the upcoming Skate Canada, we will worry for his chances in Sochi one more time and if he skates well, we will wonder if he hasn't peaked too early in the season and will worry he won't be able to repeat when it counts. Seems like supporting a skater is a lot about worrying. :lol:

Practicing the 4 salchow jump. Just for the fun of it, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_XPHvWvalM

9. Skating678

Skating678 New Member

Haha pretty much.

I hope he skates well but not too well??? However, I do think that Patrick is the type of skater who does better when he's feeling confident and he has been skating well throughout the season.

10. spikydurian

Yes he certainly sounds well prepared this season and is confident of his own progress. I watched his new LP several times over and think that that it's almost there like he said. Of course, the jumps were not in place but like what VarBar predicted earlier, I too didn't expect him to put all his jumps in place at Thornhill.

Yes VarBar, I guess I am just a worrywart.:lol:

11. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

That quad sal video says it's private. Is it new?

I don't expect perfection at Skate Canada. I hope he gets two solid skates under his belt, ones that he is happy with for this point in the season, so he can continue to build. Much less stress this year for me, watching it from home! ;)

12. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry you couldn't see the jump, luckiest1. That video sure wasn't private and already had several hundreds of views when I found it and linked it here. Seems like they put the clip onto youtube just a few days ago but I have no idea when and where exactly Chan was taped landing a clean and fully rotated quadruple salchow jump. I've understood Patrick has been in Toronto lately. A couple of tweets reported him as attending the Toronto Film Festival and it looks like he worked with Jeffrey at a Toronto ice rink the other day.

Stephanie Jenzer ‏@StephJenzer 23h
    hottest day in weeks in toronto & I get to spend morning at the rink with @Pchiddy & @J_Butt 4 future Sochi doc #cbc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT0c8aBCMAAr-nk.jpg:large

13. spikydurian

I am looking forward to the Sochi documentary. I think they filmed V&M and other Canadian skaters too. I want to see them all. :cheer:

Yes luckiest1. Sorry you missed that vid. It was a good jump IMO. When I watched it, I think there were were not many viewers because it was released only a couple of days ago. I don't think it was supposed to be released to the public! ;) I think the jump was executed during the recent CSOI practice. The rink looked familiar. The Kerrs also released a vid showing Patrick doing a quad++ at the CSOI practice. Whether he will bring the quadS to competition, I assume, will depend how it can help him in the competition and the success rate of that jump. But I think he has improved his quad jumps looking at the ease he executed them lately. What do you think VarBar? I do not know how to count points. :lol: I just enjoy watching skating.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  14. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I think your assumption is correct, spikydurian. Most likely Vancouver.

A side view of Chan's quad sal would have probably helped us see how much ice he covered while being in the air, that is between the take-off spot and the landing spot. But he has made it quite clear that he will not add any new jumps to his programs this season, so I assume it doesn't really matter at this point how high and long his 4S is. lol

Nice shoes, Patrick.:cool:

http://ca.hellomagazine.com/images/stories/2013/09/09/000/074/867/gallery_3_5.jpg

15. spikydurian

16. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

He is a cool interviewer/host of a cool CBC talk/current affairs/arts show called Q for CBC television. The name is Jian Ghomeshi.

17. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

And he is hawt!!!

18. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

19. spikydurian

What is Patrick doing in Canton? Looks like he did some skating at the rink too.

20. spikydurian

21. luckiest1

I love it too, spiky. I have it on my iPod. <3

22. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I think those photos were taken some time last season because you can see Tessa and Scott practicing an element from their Carmen program. Patrick's presence in Canton might be explained by that he considered moving his training base there as one of the possible options when he decided to leave Colorado Springs.

With Jeremy on a Detroit lake shore. Can't tell if they were testing their martial arts skills or fencing skills.;)

http://distilleryimage0.ak.instagram.com/38912c161dab11e3873822000aeb11d0_7.jpg

23. spikydurian

^^^ Oh thanks VarBar. BTW, any news who will choreograph his EX?

I am happy to see that he's enjoying training and having fun with Abbot and others. Just yesterday, I read a local newspaper regarding OGM Australian swimmers. They talked about mental health and sacrifices, and the 'price of being at the top'. I thought about Chiddy and am happy to know that he found a supportive environment leading to Sochi. Most of all, he is happy. Though I want him to win OGM, I think personal health and family are just as important if not more. The medal days will come to past but family is the rock and future. They are the ones who will always be there, medal or not.

I am sooo old fashioned. :( I don't have an iPod/Phone! Some friends are trying to convince me to get one. I just don't want to be forever checking my messages wherever I go.

24. spikydurian

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  25. luckiest1

Nice to see him! It's so hard waiting for the skating season to start. I hope his training is going well. :)

26. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Counting the days to Skate Canada.

27. spikydurian

Less than three weeks to Skate Canada! :) Nearly two months since he last skated to his new LP.

Not sure when this was taken. Patrick having fun at the arcade with Scott Moir. Probably during the recent Skate Canada training camp?

28. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

29. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

So many nice pics of a happy patrick.....hope it translates to a winning form.
    If not, glad he is happy at least!

30. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member