Patrick Uber Thread - from Vancouver to Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by ali_dorate, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

I love collective creation.

2. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

3. bunhead

bunhead Member

Just want to wish Patrick 3 skates of his life. I hope he skates free and not stressed like at Nationals. He has worked so hard the past four years to get to this point that he deserves an Olympics he'll be proud of. We'll be proud of you no matter the outcome. Go Patrick!

4. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Or four skates of his life, if he's assigned to the Free. May Kevin do well if he's the choice. Go Patrick! Go Canada!.

5. haze

haze New Member

Good luck to Patrick and may he enjoy every moment of the Games. Patrick is slated to perform his SP at 8:37 Sochi Time, but for Canadians, it's 11:37 am EST!

6. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

This Chiddy Biddy is sending Patrick good thoughts throughout the day. His happy smiles warm my heart.

7. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Patrick has the most endearing smile........I'm hoping we see it a lot :)...........all the Chiddy Biddies :lol:

8. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

in solidarity with the Chiddy Biddies- Ohmmmmmmmm. I hope Patrick sleeps tonight, not sure I will.

9. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

if you can catch it, there's a feature on men's figure skating in canada on "the national". it features former canadian champs giving chan advice and reminiscing.

10. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

11. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

12. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

OMG.... it's around 6 hours to the Team Event. Don't think I can watch cos' it's 3am my time. So please Chiddy Biddies, post the result here. As soon as my eyes open, I will reach out for my tablet located next to my bed to check the competition.:) Meanwhile, prayers and positive thoughts for Chiddy from now till slumber ....

I believe a fan created this. Wish it was longer. Nice.

13. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

14. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

I PVRed the National last night and watched it this morning. I loved it! Great, great, great, will probably keep it on my PVR for a while to rewatch. I am at work, closely watching the clock. CBC streaming is working but I may still cut and run and go home for "lunch" at 10:30. LOL.

15. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

Just found this interview that pingu posted on the main thread. It seems like it was done in France. I like the following paragraph!

http://www.snowalps.com/sport/figur...-alle-olimpiadi-non-ce-tempo-per-sperimentare

16. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Patrick Chan remember the Chiddy Biddies think that CHAN CAN!

17. bunhead

bunhead Member

So frustrating that NBC's livestream stuttered just as Patrick took the ice! The NBC staffers on Twitter did not go a good job describing what he did or didn't do either. FAIL. Same with all the newswire articles vaguely referring to Patrick's skate as "shakey" without going into any detail as to explain his score. All I saw was he landed his triple lutz and that he had a scatchy landing on his quad and therefore could only tack on a double toe? What happened with his triple axel? I'd appreciate someone to fill me in. BTW we really need a new thread, don't we?

18. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

Chan stepped out of the 3A. I thought it was the weakest of his jumps today.

19. bunhead

bunhead Member

I just check the protocols and there was an "x" next to his lutz as well? Was it considered under-rotated? I just got a chance to watch Plushenko's SP and man were his marks inflated. His quad landing was questionable from the camera's angle, and he just squeaked out his triple axel landing but you wouldn't know it from the +GOEs. Although he beefed up the choreography with in his Step Sequence, it's still full of pauses and sloppy edges...spins were slow and scratchy. He's lucky he's competing in Russia!

20. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

x = 10% bonus points for performing the jump after the program mid-point.
    < = under-rotated. (see Abbott and Parkinson)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  21. tourtiere

tourtiere Member

Uh, Patrick?

22. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

...moved to other thread.