Patrick Uber Thread - Chiddy Biddies Think Chan Can

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by VarBar, Feb 6, 2014.

1. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

I think that if a Canadian men ever wins the gold, it will be an unexpected or surprise win, in other words not from someone excepted to break the "curse".

ETA - like Sarah Huges in 2002, but hopefully with better skating skills. ;)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. SGrand

SGrand Member

I know, and he's been working on other quads too. And landing them! and i'd love him to work on his axel and rely on his technique and get over this mental thing with it (I know he doesn't have the best axel, but it's so annoying that EVERY commentator talks about it all of the time, it's like a self-fulfilling profecty!). I just can't see him stopping now, but who knows what's going through his mind. I'm totally being selfish here and I wouldn't blame him for wanting to stop or at least take a break. Would probably put things into perspective for him too and really show him what he wants to do. Let's be honest here, a lot of world class athletes get sick of what they're doing and long for a different life.

I know doing shows doesn't give him the technical help that skaters need, but it helps with performance and presentation (just look at Joannie now!!!!) so I hope he continues on with that to help him grow and also have fun.

clarie and (deleted member) like this.
  3. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Is he going to be doing the show in Russia along with Tessa and Scott?

4. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

What show in Russia? Also, is there a gala to the Olympics? If so, when is it taking place (and will they televise it)?

5. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

6. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I believe it's on Saturday. I plan to watch it on nbcsn.

7. puglover

puglover Active Member

So cute - a true Canadian at heart.

8. crs

crs New Member

yep. that's the reason scott hamilton won in sarajevo over orser.

9. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Not true at all as he was brought up with figures by Colson. In fact this is where he gets his edge control.

10. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I'm certain that manhn was being sarcastic.

11. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Good point. I think you may be right. I only hope I live to see it!

12. Manaud

Manaud New Member

One of those being his own team mate Duhamel.... :rolleyes:

13. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

No, hopefully for Canada, it will be a skater with the poise Sarah showed in 2002. Until then Canadian Men will forever be dreaming of Gold.

14. Sk8ngCat

Sk8ngCat Member

Poise (dictionary definition) = graceful and elegant bearing . That's not how I remember Sarah Hughes skating from 2002 (and that's not meant as any disrespect to her).

15. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm sad for Patrick; not angry with him.
    I hope that whatever decision he makes about his future, it will be his own choice,

16. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

Here is another dictionary definition of poise:

1. a state of balance or equilibrium, as from equality or equal distribution of weight

2. a dignified, self-confident manner or bearing; composure ...

Sorry Patrick did not have a better night but he had a lot of company.

Wishing him the best of luck in the future whether he continues or chooses to move on.

puglover and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I agree.

Andre Agassi hated playing tennis until later in his career, when he decided for himself what he wanted out of it. Until his late 20's, he'd been pressured by everyone around him to keep playing and competing because he was so good at it.

I wonder if Patrick has found himself in the same hole, pressured by everyone to go for that OGM because he was good enough to do it. Now, he has nothing to lose really, so it's best that everyone lays off of him about it for a while.

18. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

19. spikydurian

OMG.... I LOVE this pix! Baby is sooo cute and well behaved. Couldn't see Chiddy's face but I thought he didn't look uncomfortable at all. Baby is no more than 2 months old? Chiddy's hands look big compared to this cutie.

Now this baby is going to the next Patrick/Kurt/Elvis/Brian when he grows up.:)

20. spikydurian

21. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

That last gif is so misleading - Scott looks like a giant! :rofl:

22. puglover

puglover Active Member

Maybe just wishful thinking but seeing Patrick really soaking in the Olympics and cheering on athletes in other sports - I hope he feels inspired to keep going - even if he takes some time off after the pressure cooker he has been in.

23. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

It is wonderful to see Patrick out and about with Tessa and Scott. So glad they seem to be really enjoying themselves. They deserve it!

24. spikydurian

That was my impression too that Scott looked at least a head taller than Patrick.

They should after the years of hard work. They are unlikely to be in such a situation again so they should savour every moment.

Patrick and his love of hockey. Playing street hockey with Team USA. Patrick scored a goal!:respec:

Canada faces off against USA in street hockey game in Sochi: http://globalnews.ca/news/1158925/canada-faces-off-against-usa-in-street-hockey-game-in-sochi/ & http://olympic.ca/2014/02/19/game-on-canada-vs-usa-street-hockey-breaks-out-in-sochi/

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  25. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Oh Patrick.......and he scores.............so cute........can't keep a good man down. I also saw him at the curling game yesterday along with V/M. They really looked like they were just soaking it all in. What a terrific opportunity for them to stay on and enjoy. I'm also hoping this competition is not the last we see of Patrick. There's so much more left in him even if he takes some time off.

26. fscric

fscric Active Member

It's good to know that Patrick does not wallow in the disappointment of not winning the gold, and set out to enjoy the rest of his stay in Sochi.

Looks like Jason Brown is in Team USA, so he and Patrick are representatives of figure skaters in their respective hockey team.

27. spikydurian

28. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

Awwwww, thanks for that. I'm so happy that Patrick is making good on his promise to himself to enjoy the remainder of these Olympics!

29. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

Given all the hoopla that is now going about Adelina Sotnikova's win yesterday, it was probably better that Patrick didn't win the gold with a flawed program. (I know that Sotnikova's wasn't flawed, but you get my point.) I guess in some ways it is better that he got the silver than to have live with petitions and nasty comments about his win. I wonder if he wins had not been controversial if his Olympic long program would have been an easier for him?

puglover and (deleted member) like this.
  30. blueglass

blueglass New Member

If the judging doesn't sink figure skating, the fans will.