Patrick Uber Thread - Chiddy Biddies Think Chan Can

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by VarBar, Feb 6, 2014.

1. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Thanks so much, bunhead. Did

2. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

This is a giddy Chiddy biddy for sure. I haven't seen the skate yet, but know the marks. I just couldn't watch this, so watched curling and went grocery shopping instead :slinkaway. Now, I can relax and watch a great program and enjoy it. I guess I'm a "yellow" chiddy biddy too :lol:

I can't say how relieved I am, and here's hoping he can top Hanyu in the long...:)

3. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Hanyu 101.40
    Patrick 98. 53
    about 7 others 11 points back and more....
    Its really two skates ie for the gold medal and for the bronze medal.
    This is provided Hanyu and Chan do not implode.

4. Skating678

Skating678 New Member

lol people are already saying he was overscored. When he is 4 points behind Yuzuru with 1 very minor mistake. Seems fair to me.

I thought he did great today! This was one of his best short programs all season. Proud he was able to do it when it counted and now he can fight for gold in the free!

5. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I don't think the reaction to Chan's score has been all that harsh. There will always be Chan bashers, but it's pretty subdued. Given some of the scores those in contention for bronze (I will mention no names) received, I don't think Chan's score is at all overscored. Also, while 4 points is not insurmountable, it's still significant.

6. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

I sent a text saying "I need drugs" to my daughter before Patrick's skate LOL. But I soldiered on and was so happy with the result! Great job Patrick. Knock 'em dead in the freeskate!

7. Skating678

Skating678 New Member

Yes it's not as bad as it has been. But I did see a few American journalists, etc. complaining on Twitter which I thought was ridiculous.

Unfortunately he is skating after Yuzuru tomorrow. This makes me a little nervous.

8. puglover

puglover Active Member

He usually skates last and is used to having to come up big at the end. I am completely baffled as to what anyone could have to say against that skate. The arena seemed so quiet. His blades were amazing.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  9. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Me too, Clarie Chiddy Biddy. I went to bed and refused to get up in the wee hours of the morning to watch.:lol:

If Patrick is overscored, he would have beaten Hanyu. ;) But I do know he has to skate perfect to beat Hanyu. Hanyu is very on and his BV is higher. Go Patrick.

10. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I am not concerned about Patrick skating after a great performance by Hanyu (and I wish him the best--just not that much, j/k). I remember how Patrick skated after Shawn Sawyer skated the performance of his life at 2011 Canadians. Granted, Sawyer is not of Hanyu's status, but I also don't think the crowd will be quite as OTP as the Victoria audience was for Sawyer.

11. sequins

sequins Active Member

Geez Chan's second and still people wanna bitch. Where should he be last?Considering Hanyu's score I think it was fair I mean what do they want? WTH was wrong with that skate?! An error on the axel, and marked accordingly as you say manhn some of those that are in contention for bronze have questonable marks. Third to thirteenth basically have a shot. Crazy.
    I watched Chiddy but covered my eyes during the jumps lol. I just want him to go out and have the skate of his life no matter what happens because it's such a beautiful program and I want the world to see it and just appreciate it.

12. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

I've always liked Patrick, but I've never gushed over him. But when I watched his short program today I just thought gosh, that is so beautiful! Those step sequences were :swoon:

Good luck in the long Patrick! :cheer:

13. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Did Patrick not skate after Hanyu today?

14. tourtiere

tourtiere Member

He skated after Javier Fernandez.

15. tourtiere

tourtiere Member

Is Jason Brown the only person in the top 13 who didn't try/don't have a quad?

16. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

The point I was making was Chan skated after Hanyu's blowout performance and didn't collapse in a heap. I doubt he'll do so tomorrow.

17. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I thought Chan skated very well today. So, he had a turnout on the triple axel... everything else was top quality and beyond what other skaters were doing, apart from Yuzu. If he'd have been in 1st then i would have had an issue with the scoring.

18. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

There'll be tooth marks all over my heart tomorrow for sure. Go Patrick.

spikey, Luckiest , Clarie and all the Chiddy Biddies together - ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

puglover and (deleted member) like this.
  19. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I haven't had a chance to see more than a few skaters but I am surprized at Fernandez' marks. Kurt didn't seem to think Patrick's step out was a big deal. Patrick really nailed the performance on this one - much better than I've seen all year. Does anyone know what time he will take the ice? Even though I can't watch, I want to be with him in spirit.

20. fscric

fscric Active Member

Does anybody know if the programme is available on youtube?

21. spikydurian

He's in second last group. Not sure. Yes, as Corianna said, we Chiddy Biddies will be thinking of him. I was when I went to bed last night. Just visualizing his smiling and happy face after his TEB skate.

Well, I think Patrick has adopted the Filipino skater, Martinez as 'Canadian team'.:lol: He gave him a few pointers on knee bend and told him that he (Martinez) is officially part of the Canadian team and went out for dinner together. Wishing Martinez a great skate too.

22. Boozy

Boozy New Member

Patrick skate so beautiful, so elegant! Hanyu skate good too but I feel this Chan 's time to shine. Hope he can relax in the long progam and that gold medal shine around his neck! Woo!

I heared many people leave arena when Plushenko withdraw. This sad that Russians do'nt appreciate other skaters. Only cheer for there own skaters. That is not good Olympic spirits!

23. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Boozy are you into the Vodka again?

24. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

CHAN CAN
    CHAN CAN
    CHAN CAN

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

25. mrinalini

mrinalini Active Member

I'll admit to not being an especially big Chan fan, but I'm hoping he'll win if nothing else than for the fact that he's been on top since the last Olympic cycle and it would be such a shame if he failed to win the big one. I like Hanyu too but he's still so young and I don't want him to win the Olys now and then peter out.

One can see where the wind is blowing, though. The way Hanyu nailed that SP...you just know that he's going to bring that same fire and confidence to produce an awesome FS - that's youth for you. Patrick will have to be absolutely perfect (and can you imagine the unbelievable pressure he'll have skating right after Hanyu; yet another reason to root for him!) to have a chance at winning gold. Here's to hoping that he can!

26. rabitfur06

rabitfur06 New Member

I really enjoyed his SP today! It was very beautiful and I loved how the arena was so quiet that you got transported with the music. 4 points back and he seemed very happy with his skate! Good Luck in the free tomorrow Patrick :)

27. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is right. Stay calm ;). I think I'll book a pedicure for tomorrow afternoon, then go shopping.....I'm such a chicken. It's funny though, I leave the feed for the marks going all the time :lol: I just enjoy Patrick's skating after I know what's happened.

28. spikydurian

Chicken, chicken, chiddy biddy chicken .. like me! :D

29. fscric

fscric Active Member

For those who had watched the whole SP competition, what do you think about Patrick's chance?

30. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think there are two competitions.
    One for gold and one for bronze.
    Unless patrick falters a lot I don't think any of the others can catch up.
    So if Hanyu is perfect and patrick is perfect it's anybody's guess. Though hanyu's tech score will bring in huge marks and his pcs will follow.
    If Hanyu leaves the door open Patty will have a chance. Patrick has to go out there guns blazing.
    The 4 marks are not insurmountable.