Patrick Uber Thread - Chiddy Biddies Think Chan Can

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by VarBar, Feb 6, 2014.

1. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that pic VarBar of Patrick with my fav curling team. They all look so excited and happy. I love that team like I love Patrick. I hope Patrick is skating the LP as well.

2. blueglass

blueglass New Member

Those are wonderful pictures. I'm sure Scott, Patrick and Tessa all have a special bond that only comes from their shared experience of being world champions.

By the way, did anyone read the story about the Canadian athletes being targeted for drug tests before their competition? Kaetlyn was called a few hours before her event and several were woken up at midnight. I wonder if Patrick was one of them. Dirty pool.

3. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

They have been skating together at competitions since they were kids so I am not surprised they shared a special bond.

Gee, did they wake the skaters are midnight? If it's true, it's really unprofessional especially if they were scheduled to compete the following day. And calling athletes up just before the competition is trying to unsettle their mind frame. It would be better to do it immediately after the competition. It is common to ask athletes for drug test just before competitions?

4. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

No, it's pretty unheard of

5. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the Canadian fans on the silver medal in the Team Event. Kevin did a really great job in Men's Free finishing second of the five skaters, kudos to him.

More thoughts from Patrick here:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...dal-now-goes-for-gold-in-sochi-244634811.html

https://s1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/351ba681-b5b7-3f5a-a337-c615b44dadab

Patrick congratulates Detroit Club skater Valentina Marchei on a very good performance in Women's Free.

https://s.yimg.com/sr/img/1/1c38d2e8-4512-3483-a7fd-aa4208221236

https://s3.yimg.com/sr/img/1/22f91ac4-6d0b-3f85-8448-70e67de964e4

https://s2.yimg.com/sr/img/1/4bc8074b-b2cb-39b7-9889-db37e785bd18

6. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Scott and Patrick in that picture...too cute!

7. spikydurian

Patrick looks deliriously happy for Valentina. Looks like he has just been given a 10 year supply of lollies.

OMG... Patrick and Scott. It's like:

Patrick: I am soo happy
    Scott: Me too.
    Tessa: Here they go again.

Not to be outdone by Emdee, I have printed this pix and it is up right in front of me desk with heading "Spiky's favourite Canadian figure skaters"!:cheer:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  8. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

So you like my decorated office, Spiky!
    I have the Patrick door and my VM credenza.

9. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

I have new desktop wallpaper. :)

10. spikydurian

This and that is why my heart melts, besides his powerful and elegant skating. Wish I am a few decades younger .....:lol:

11. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Thank you for posting all those pics, VarBar! I love seeing the interactions between the skaters--very sweet. The DSC skaters seem to get along really well which is so nice to see.

At the end of the last practice session at nationals, Chiddy and Liam were the last ones on the ice, and Chiddy went over to Liam and shook his hand. It was such a sweet moment. And Patrick has the most beautiful face--it is just perfect. And I like his skating, too ;)

12. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Thanks for the pics everybody, and yes, Spikey, I second your comments, except in my case it's a half century. I'm trying to ohmmm and visualize on a regular basis.

13. blueglass

blueglass New Member

It's so nice to see him look happy in these pictures. I worried that he looked too subdued at the team event.

14. luckiest1

I caught a glimpse of Patrick live on practice ice this morning on CBC, doing Vivaldi. Looked like a triple toe into a triple axel. Elvis was tweeting from yesterday's practice session, and wrote this:

Elvis Stojko ‏@Therealestojko · 18h
    @Pchiddy looks strong in practice, 3A needs to be watched.Nice full run through, training hard. @YahooSports @CBCOlympics #FS #WeAreWinter

Evan wrote this today:
    Evan Lysacek ‏@EvanLysacek 4h
    @Pchiddy and Hanyu looking solid on practice. Both hit 2 quads in long practice run.

Nice article I found on twitter about a 7 year old Patrick (with cute picture):
    http://www.elkharttruth.com/living/...-has-enthusiastic-set-of-fans-in-Elkhart.html

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  15. puglover

puglover Active Member

To quote Kurt Browning - something like this - "competition is the reward for all the hard work, not the punishment". Go P Chiddy - have fun, you are amazing! You have added so much to men's skating - this one is for you.

16. spikydurian

I think he needs to skate with a calm mind. I want to see a smile on on his face.:) Go Chiddy. We Chiddy Biddies support you all the way and will love you whatever the outcome. Go have a blast.

Cam Cole's article: Patrick vs the Canadian Curse. Kurt's advice:

17. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  18. blueglass

blueglass New Member

Wishing Patrick good luck in his short program. You may be alone out there but your fans have got your back. :)

19. luckiest1

My body has conveniently decided to get sick today so I will be able to watch the men's short program from home. I'm sure at work they think I'm faking. LOL. Just read practice reports from this morning in Sochi and sounds like Patrick had a good one. I just hope he can have a good skate today and be happy with his performance.

20. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Here's hoping the judging is fairer than what happened in the team LP. Also fingers x'd for Patrick to skate like we all know he can :).

21. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

New Skate Canada article: http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/3284/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Best of luck Patrick! :cheer2: Go get'em! #breakthecursePChiddy

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  22. puglover

puglover Active Member

I think if my kids had made it this far I would have definitely had to turn to drugs to survive. I can't believe how anxious I feel. Best of luck Patrick!

23. puglover

puglover Active Member

Now I can breathe - just so beautiful!

24. elle123

elle123 New Member

Same here! I think I held my breath for his entire program. Bring on the free skate!

25. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Well I still think CHAN CAN.

I also think generously scored to keep him in the hunt.

But then his skating is so beautiful....

26. bunhead

bunhead New Member

So relieved for him! Whew! Though Patrick didn't exactly outscore/skate Hanyu, he was totally in the moment and made his step sequences SING. Brilliant!

27. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

It's still close but Hanyu will have to make at least one mistake and Patrick has to skate truly great.

For Patrick, I know it's gold or nothing. I really want him to skate like he did at TEB, regardless of results. Really.

28. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

True
    Me too!

29. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Does anyone have scoes, please? Scores!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  30. bunhead

bunhead New Member