Patrick Uber Thread - Chiddy Biddies Think Chan Can

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by VarBar, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

You can see the closeness between Scott and Patrick and Kurt and Patrick. They joke and talk together on the ice. The interaction between them is fun to watch.

2. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

"Steppin’ Out is a great program, very formal, very Gastby-ish, funny and fun. It helps bring a smile to people’s faces. I’ve done it at Grand Prix galas but I haven’t done it much in Canada,” he said of the program choreographed by David Wilson."

http://thechronicleherald.ca/artslife/1202597-chan-set-to-dazzle-halifax

As for the other program, I suppose that we attribute Best of Me to Buttle because it looks very much like Jeffrey's choreographic style/:)

A fun interview with Patrick and his girlfriend on a radio station in Toronto.

https://soundcloud.com/kiss925/patrick-chan-interview-on-kiss-925

3. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

The Walker looks like fun, I hope that it makes cut for the CBC program.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

5. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

Thank you!

6. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Spikey, remember that Patrick tweeted that he was working on a programme with Jeff up in Vaughan, - and we had to guess the Canadian singer/ That was Best of Me. The vids don't quite do the programme justice. It was truly lovely.

7. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Thanks Corianna for the reminder. Yes, this is it.

These three wonderful skaters have outgoing personality. Patrick grew up admiring Kurt and I think Kurt is more or less like his older brother. Patrick and Scott grew up together in the figure skating world. Now they are preforming together too. Isn't it Scott who gave Patrick the nickname, Chiddy?:lol: I think the three of them teased each other alot. I once remembered in an interview where Kurt admitted that he always make fun of Patrick like telling him that he was landing like an elephant in the jumps. :) If one can speak to each other in this manner, it means one has reached a good level of friendship and understanding with each other.

Some pictures of Chiddy. Smart looking Patrick at a function and a selfie with Brant Skating Club (LOL he only took half of his face). Now I love this pix of the boys from The Walker. They are definitely having fun!

8. fscric

fscric Active Member

9. spikydurian

Thanks fscric. Patrick is learning the art of performing from Grandmaster Kurt! And he really looks like having the blast of his life just like in Sochi after the FS competition. He lived up to his word!:lol:

Some pictures of Patrick ..... Best of Me ..... Patrick and Cute Baby (good training for future fatherhood LOL) .... The Walker ....

10. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

I finally got to see CSOI last night in London, and Patrick was amazing. I totally wish I'd splurged for the on ice seats though. Next year I'm going to. I hope to find some time to be able to go back through this thread and watch all the videos posted. Work has been hectic lately with a project, and I've also been caring for my mom after a surgery. Thanks to everyone who keeps bringing stuff!

11. spikydurian

^^^ Hope your mum heals well and fast, luckiest1. Emdee told me next year is 25th Anniversary of SOI. Emdee's tempting me to watch SOI 2015. :D I may make the (no less than 25 hours) fight to Toronto just to see Patrick, V&M and all my favourite Canadian skaters (I assume they will all still skate in 2015).

12. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

According to the flyer they gave us - VM, Patrick, Kurt, Buttle and Joannie will skate. I wouldnt be surprised if Kurt will retire after that. he doesnt skate in the US tour any mor.

13. luckiest1

Yes, I agree, next year might be Kurt's last, so you should come spikydurian!

14. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

What a gorgeous picture of Patrick by daniskates. She is such an accomplished photographer.

15. spikydurian

Wow.. they already distributed the 2015 flyer?! Maybe they may have a 'Best of Kurt's' in 2015 if he really hangs up his skates next year for good.

Corianna,more headache for you. Another gopro vid. I think this is worse! :D

Love this pix of Patrick and Buttle. Probably taken in 2013 Worlds. They both look soooo cute. Dressed them up in 'school uniform' they could pass off as 'high school kids'. :lol: What's that soft toy? At my age, I am out of touch with soft toy characters.

Another awesome pix from Daniskates: Patrick and Scott. They were definitely having lots of fun with that number, The Walker.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  16. fscric

fscric Active Member

Guessing from the board behind Patrick and Jeff, I would guess that's Japan Open 2012. Jeff would not be sitting with Patrick if it's Worlds.

17. Sylvia

18. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Yup. If you do, I imagine you'll have a herd of people willing to host you! When he retires, it'll be black armband time! I just can't imagine skating without him! We've been completely spoiled.

19. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

Oh my gosh, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! <3

20. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

"

If FSU had a "favourite" I would have clicked. Love your pics.

21. spikydurian

Indeed, Emdee has given me permission to camp in her backyard. :p And yes, you are all so lucky. These guys not only can skate well but hell, they are hot too. :D So are the gals!

Patrick and Carol Huynh are athletes featured on the new poster celebrating Asian Heritage Month.
    Patrick in Winnipeg.
    J for Jeff and P for Patrick!
    Another angle of Best of Me vid.

Ah yes fscric. You are right. Now I look closely, I see part word 'Open' in the background. The pix is taken in Japan.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  22. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

fscric, if you check hibadairock's youtube channel that spikydurian linked here, you will find a a video of Jeffrey performing at 2014 Canadian Stars on Ice. Finally. lol

Beverley Smith spoke to Patrick during the rehearsal? How come it wasn't Rosie DiManno? I wonder what Rosie is going to write about in her articles with Patrick sitting out of competition next season. I noticed Rosie has a soft spot for PChiddy.;)

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  23. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Where you at Toronto SOI? I saw someone setting up a camera. Will you be at Thornhill? If so I will come and say hi.
    Also love your VM pics!

24. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

Oh my gosh, that's too sweet of you, thank you Corianna!

And Emdee I was at the Toronto show and the Hamilton show. In Toronto I was on ice beside the corner screen that was on the same side as the skater entrance but other end of the rink. There were two photos near that screen, I was the one closer to the short side of the rink! I'm hoping to be at Thornhill this year - I'm discussing it with the section after the AGM :) definitely come say hi if you see me!!!

25. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

And I'll happily host you a dinner!

26. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Well if Spiky does make it we should have a get together....luckiest1 can come down for london for the occasion as well!

And Spiky you wouldnt want to camp in my backyard at this time its wet and squishy.

27. Sylvia

Here's a 1-minute audio interview with Patrick Chan in Winnipeg: http://www.cjob.com/2014/05/07/world-figure-skating-champ-performs-in-winnipeg/
    ETA link to Winnipeg Sun article: Patrick Chan able to see the silver lining after Sochi disappointment

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  28. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

After watching "Best of Me" link posted in the GSD CSOI thread, it reaffirmed my belief that Patrick is THE "Master of the Blade". It's unbelievable how much speed he gets. He just seems to float across the ice without any visible effort......incredible. I do believe no one even comes close to him in that aspect of skating......just a thing of beauty!!!!! I wish I could have gone to CSOI this year, but thankfully, some kind posters have made it possible for those of us who can't go to view some of the programs. :). I love watching the other links too...the interviews etc.

29. luckiest1

30. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Thank you, luckiest1.

Hopefully Patrick wasn't lured into entering the contest the reporter mentions in that interview about who eats more Big Macs on McHappy Day because I want him to stay in shape. :cool: Form is easy to lose and difficult to get back and Patrick says somewhere that he tends to bulk up quickly.

Some pictures from the McHappy Day fundraiser.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnNImqGCEAARf9K.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnNDmvwCEAA20FW.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnNlf4DCMAA_WdY.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnCeeHzCQAA19-Y.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnCXMelCIAAicqJ.jpg:large

On tour with a fan. He is particularly cute here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnJlwQkCMAAYizy.jpg:large

Btw, I agree with what Patrick says in the interview that Jeffrey brings life into the Stars on Ice show this year and that life was a bit missing in the past couple of editions. The Opening number is gorgeous too, loved the music, costumes and choreography.