Patrick Uber Thread - Chiddy Biddies Think Chan Can

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by VarBar, Feb 6, 2014.

1. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

No, I live in a wooden shack. :p

2. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

UofT is the largest university in Canada, with three campuses (Mississauga, Scarborough, and the main campus at St. George). At which campus Patrick will be located depends in what field of study he is enrolled (although students may span campuses, and commute between via special shuttle buses). I believe Paul Poirier may be located at the St George campus, since he has referenced the Robarts library in past Tweets. Piper is walking distance further down University ave and east to Yonge st. at Ryerson university.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  3. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

If Patrick wants to embrace a career in the world of business, perhaps it would make sense if he chose economics of all academic disciplines social science includes? And a degree in economics would probably not prevent him from working in whatever branch of the media he'd find the most appealing. Well, I suppose we'll get to know more about it next fall.

I wish Patrick a smooth transition from the life of an athlete to the life of a student. It will most likely take him a while to adjust to his new identity but he is a bright young man and I'm sure he'll be fine. One of his former school teachers said of him that while he sometimes had to skip classes to be able to train, he was an outstanding student when he attended classes. And maybe he won't forget to skate once in a while because his skating is magic.:swoon:

4. spikydurian

^^ Or in business. Or he may just be taking first year elective courses before he decides further? We'll know come September. I also wish Patrick a smooth transition to studies. I am sure he will continue skating .. at least in shows. I am still habouring hope that he will give competition one more go.

5. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

6. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

In an interview with Brenda D, aired last night during the Sportsnet coverage of Worlds, Patrick said he definitely would not be competing in the Grand Prix next year. No news there, but when pressed about when he would have to make a decision about ever returning to competition, he hesitated, then said - "well, the first mark will be the 2015 Nationals". So he hasn't ruled that out yet.

7. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

A first degree does not matter - it just teaches you how to thnk....

He is probably thinking of a career in sports media which could mean commentating etc. There are plenty of opportunities there for a bilingual person. He has a broad interest in sports besides figure skating and is a personable young man. He truly represents the best of multiculturalism in our country.

8. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

What a sad place..... worlds without Patrick. I hope he comes back for next worlds!

9. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Re-posting from the TV Alerts forum:
    http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/schedule

10. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

Oh my, that interview with Strombo was totally adorable. Patrick is such a cutie. :) Still a bit unfiltered :lol:, but very sweet. I got the feeling that Strombo is genuinely fond of him. Check it out if you can.

11. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Waiting for the 11.30 version to air in a half hour.

12. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

13. spikydurian

Video is geoblocked over my end. :-(

Patrick is first honorary member of ASPAC Club, Vancouver. Rink looks great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFigJyfH9-E

14. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Delightful interview on Strombo! He's relaxed, very funny. I encourage everyone to see it if they can!

15. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Oh my, now we know when Chan reads and responds to his emails. TMI, me thinks.

16. spikydurian

I saw a gif regarding his shirt and cut. It is amusing how a pix to explain to his fans his reason in fiddling with his shirt could create nasty and accusing comments from some on his twitter and Facebook. I wonder what could happened if the incident is reversed.
    ;)

Relaxed and funny and down tho earth I would like to add. Yes, that is what he is. Spontaneous too. Very Canadian as luckiest said. Luckiest, I remember you commenting about him trying to 'show off his 'un-hairy' chest'. That interview could have been a response to your comment!
    :D

17. pp55

pp55 Member

18. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

That Strombo interview is awesome. And funny. Patrick's funny!

19. professordeb

20. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Should I understand that Patrick will have his own TV show named You Got Channed on CBC? That would be a great start for him if he considers working in the media.

He looked totally relaxed and uninhibited in Strombo's studio and answered all the questions light-heartedly and with a great sense of humor. Perhaps that's what Strombo's shows are usually all about, the people sitting in the red chair joking a lot and having fun for a change?

21. professordeb

I haven't watched a lot of Strombo (usually just figure skating stuff) but he does seem to have fun with his guests. I've seen with with Tessa & Scott a couple of times and Elvis Stojko.

22. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

23. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

In one of the interviews, he talked about always having holes in his socks, and forgetting to bring new ones. He was telling the truth.

24. spikydurian

That's why I adore him the way he is. His humour and honesty.:)

Patrick on Japan buildings. :D And never stop having fun with his friends. I am not sure what he is trying to show of lifting his tee shirt. Fortunately, he's wearing another shirt underneath otherwise I may think he's trying to show off something else .....:p

25. professordeb

Your links are reversed as in your first link shows PChiddy and his shirt while the second one shows Patrick on the building.

26. spikydurian

Thanks profdeb. I couldn't edit my link.

Vid from Maia showing a super happy cast: http://instagram.com/p/mh4hRWS7il/#

27. spikydurian

28. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for SOI!

29. puglover

puglover Active Member

Too cute - he looks like he is having a ton of fun. So good to see.

30. SGrand

SGrand Member

It's so funny. For all of the drama and bashing that goes on here (and on other forums) about PC's so-called 10-fall cushion, 'controversial' wins and whatever he says to the media (that seems to be scrutinized to the letter lol), he sure seems to have the friendship and respect of all (or at least most) of his fellow skaters (and respect them himself). From what I can tell from blogs and social media and press interviews, he is very likable and fun and they all seem to have a really great time and enjoy each others company.
    :);)