Patrick Chan tours his Olympic village room

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Rafter, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

2. GREGORY

GREGORY Active Member

Some guys shoud watch the british tv show : How Clean Is Your House?
    I allways wonder how sportmen could have such a poor hygiene.
    IMO is a lack of respect for himself to show such a mess.

3. JamieSix

JamieSix New Member

Hey, I'm a messy person. Don't hate. :p

4. GREGORY

GREGORY Active Member

It's your right. IMO you didn't show it on youtube.

5. Helenista

Helenista New Member

It's actually not bad compared to some dorm rooms I've seen. At least you can see the bed and the bathrooms are pretty clean. It was cute of Patrick to post this.

6. shiningstar

shiningstar Active Member

Maybe I'm jaded because I live in co-ed student housing, but that was actually pretty tidy for young guys?! The only real mess was Bryce's clothes?!

How cute was Scott's bed!! All freshly made with his "fan mail" surrounding him!!!

7. shine

shine Well-Known Member

HOLY that is some nice apartment unit for the athletes!

8. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

That's nice!

I have seen much worse from my guy friends when I was in college. Much, much worse. Much worse with a roommate, too...

9. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

The Olympic Village is owned by the city of Vancouver, and the units will become luxury apartments for sale after the Paralympics.

10. walei

walei Well-Known Member

11. Bue

Bue Active Member

So funny!

I guess Bryce and Scott must be on decent terms if they roomed together. Perhaps the reports of open hostility are not to be trusted :rolleyes:

Very nice suites!

12. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I hadn't even thought of that! Jessica and Bryce are hopefully on good terms since they are so close together every day, so unless Scott somehow 'stole' her from him, there wouldn't be any animosity I don't think. Though there is the whole 'bro code' thing to take into consideration.

I also loved Scott's tidiness, especially compared to Bryce's insane pile of clothes. Gorgeous unit though that they were staying in. Kind of surprised that there were 4 competitors in one unit all iwth completely different schedules (except Patrick and Vaughn). Wonder why Cody and Paul got the shaft of not getting to bunk with the 'cool kids'.

13. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I regularly take high school students on school trips - and those rooms are neat and tidy compared to what boys' rooms often look like! A few clothes here and there is not a big deal IMO!

It is not easy to share rooms - especially when the schedule is hectic! They weren't dirty and garbagey - just a bit misshapen!

Anyhow -thanks for the link!

14. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

I agree. I also wonder why Vaughn and Scott got the bigger bedroom and better bathroom. What's up with that?
    I too was really surprised at how nice the place was. I guess it makes sense that they be apartments vs dorm rooms to consider future use.

And yes, this place was a little messy and not dirty. Small closets, not a lot of dresser space and a busy schedule makes for a little clutter. Killing myself how orderly Scott's section is. Too funny.

I stayed at my brothers in Vancouver...had my own room but one big suitcase and over a week's worth of clothes. I basically sprayed the clothes all over the room for easy access. Made their room look tidy by comparison.

15. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I think it's a first come first serve basis~~ at least that's what Johnny and Tanith did

16. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

In his narrative Patrick points out BC Place and mentions that this where the open and closing ceremonies "will be" held, so it’s likely that the video was flimed the week before the Games started. IIRC, Tessa and Scott didn’t arrive until the day before the opening ceremonies. Wonder what the place looked like after another body was added and two more weeks went by? :yikes::lol: Gorgeous apartment though!

17. silverstars

silverstars New Member

He's a teenager at the biggest competition in the world...somehow, I don't think that cleaning his room would be at the top of his priorities. And, speaking as a college student, that is not bad at all as far as young guy's rooms usually go.

Cute video, though! Gorgeous apartment.

18. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

Yeah, seriously. I have seen some NASTY, FILTHY college dorms. Not just guys either. My ex-boyfriend once had macaroni in the bathroom sink with god knows what else...I thought about ending it right then and there. :lol:

19. mishieru07

mishieru07 New Member

Wait, didn't they march in the Opening Ceremony? I thought they attended the 1st practice session as well before Team Igor went off-site to train. :confused:

The state of my room varies between that of Scott's and Patrick/ Bryce's. It's not that bad for a guy though; my brother's occassionally looks like a tornado just swept through. :lol:

Love the suites though (totally my kind of decor); it reminds me of serviced apartments!

20. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of a French teacher I had a few years back (from France) who told the class that she really liked the fact that France had a mandatory term of military service for young men. To quote her, "At least they learn to make their beds."

From the video it looks like Bryce needs a lengthy term of mandatory service, Patrick needs a relatively short term and Scott doesn't need any term of service at all.

21. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Well, they aren't sharing the same bedroom. Which would have been totally :smokin: with Jessica thrown into the mix. :saint:

22. Eman_fan

Eman_fan New Member

I think that they are on better term since Bryce aired their dirty laundry to the press. I don't think that Scott had any ill feeling towards Bryce and once Bryce kinda exploded wall over the place saying that it was hard to skate with Jess because she was dating someone that used to be one of his best friends it actually made things easier for all of them. Remember, Jess and Bryce and Tessa and Scott have known each other for a long time and even though Jess and Bryce had stopped dating quite a while before she started dating Scott I'm sure that he still had some feeling for her and it was probably hard to see them together all the time.

23. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Poor hygiene? I didn't see days-old pizza sitting around anywhere (which I have seen in some guys' college dorms), so I think they're good! :lol:

Poggi and (deleted member) like this.
  24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thats why Bryce didnt want to keep his apartment clean? :lol:Maybe thats wahy Jess stoped dating with hi, - its look awfull :lol:

25. Eman_fan

Eman_fan New Member

I wasn't saying that's why he had a dirty apartment. I was responding to a comment regarding Scott and Bryce being roommates and the tension between them.

26. The Observer

The Observer New Member

Did all 4 guys stay in the same apartment division? Is that 2 rooms attached to each other, or 2 separate rooms?

27. OlieRow

OlieRow Well-Known Member

Suite style, 2 bedrooms with 2 beds each and a common living area.

28. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

So Patrick Chan gives us laymen, who will never get a chance to see what the Olympic Village looks like, a tour of his suite and he gets criticized instead for having a lack of respect for himself? WTF?????????????

29. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

Seriously!! :respec:

30. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

This layman and thousands of others got a tour this weekend. I went yesterday. They opened the village to the public for the first time. Ashleigh McIvor was there. I waited 1.5 hours to check out one building, but we got to see 4 units! The enclosed balconies are stunning and this furniture noob was completely flabergasted by the the fridge and freezer camouflaged with the rest of the kitchen cabinetry.

And they had the flying Beaver on display! And I only had to wait 35 minutes to see the medals!

I heard a story that after the Canada vs. Russia quarterfinal, one of the Russian players wrote "F(!@(@Jk Canada!" behind one of the cabinet doors. :lol:

The entire area will be quite lovely, with the Salt building, a London Drugs and an Urban Fair. But oooh, expensive! Although I doubt Patrick et al's suite was open to the public (no one could answer my question as to which athletes stayed in each suite I saw), I suspect that the unit would cost 3-4 million dollars. The ten million dollar penthouses were probably reserved for the hockey players. Maybe I'll pay 50-100 dollars for the Hometown Heroes lottery for the first time ever. One of the prizes will be a suite there. Usually, it's some megahouse in the suburbs.