Patrick Chan complains about the time of World Team Trophy

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by tkaug, Apr 13, 2013.

1. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

I'm just puzzled by his statements about the WTT. Wasn't it last year that he was saying that he didn't have a chance to earn much money and couldn't even afford a taxi ride? And didn't he just win a potload of money at this event? It seems he'd be excited that between this and his summer shows he can probably pay the bills.

2. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

He won't have to worry about taxi fare when he moves to China. He'll be riding a bike.:p

3. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Good solution.

4. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

:confused: He did win not every competition this year:

• 6th Japan Open
    • 2nd Skate Canada
    • 1st Rostelecom Cup 2012 Moscow (which if I remember correctly, nobody had any issues with that win.)
    • 3rd Grand Prix Finial
    • 1st Short Program & 2nd Long Program Worlds (I do not believe that anyone had any issues with 1st in the short program)

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00007980.htm

BTW - I saw his post Worlds interview live and he did seem like a guy who has a problem with winning with sub par performances.

You know, I am not a Chan uber nor am I hater. I just wish that people would get their facts straight.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    alilou, Habs, The Accordion and 3 others like this.
  5. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Algonquin, there you go bringing facts into this conversation ;)

I suspect Chan stopped "complaining" about the time his #1 fan tkaug started this thread ;)

I imagine he's in Halifax having a grand ole time with Kurt and the gang getting ready for the show on Friday night.

With any luck he will kick a puppy or something equally delightful to keep things churning here in the off season...

6. algonquin

Well, somebody had to. ;)

7. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

FACTS are boring and undramatic!;)

8. tkaug

tkaug Member

I'm not his #1 fan, I'm rather a hater!
    My favorite skaters would never call a game "unimportant" where a Spanish skater won for the first time in Grand Prix.

9. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

10. algonquin

Who is in the fur hat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Gabrielle Daleman.

12. spikydurian

Gorgeous girl. So full of life and energy.

Surprise!!;)

13. fscric

fscric Active Member

LOL! Believe me, nobody, including bmcg, would have mistaken you as Patrick's #1 fan.

14. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

;) I guess it's not a surprise that went over the head of the OP.

15. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

16. Eyre

Eyre New Member

Why was Kathy Johnson in the center? Why was she there but no any other skater coaches?!:confused:

17. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

That picture of Patrick sulking is after he skated his FS, that's why she is there. I've seen other photos of W&P with Camerlengo so I imagine all coaches who could be there were there.

18. Eyre

Eyre New Member

Thanks! Now it makes total sense.:p

19. tkaug

tkaug Member

The skater will keep this year’s short program, Elegie in E Flat Minor by Sergei Rachmaninoff

http://thechronicleherald.ca/artslife/1123832-chan-sets-sights-on-olympic-glory

Will we have to watch him skate to the same music for 3 seasons? That would be sick! Now let's complain about that!
    What about he skates to silence? I've never recalled any music he has ever used. He can receive 9.00's for interpretation whatever music he skates to anyway so what's the difference?

20. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I think he'll retire after Sochi so no, heĀ“ll only skate it for two seasons. But if that's too much you could always take a trip to your fridge when he's on.

21. walei

walei Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

but I totally agree on one thing though, his Elegie in E Flat Minor by Sergei Rachmaninoff SP is TOTALLY SICK YO! :cheer2::cheer2:

22. spikydurian

:lol:

23. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, kwanfan1818. I was also confused by the rules surrounding this event and your post was helpful.

Thank you for this, midori. I tried google translate and couldn't make sense of what I saw.
    :)

24. tkaug

tkaug Member

25. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

26. spikydurian

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  27. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

I feel like giving this a standing ovation, in the manner of that guy who waved a giant Canadian flag after the Duchesnays went into the final pose of their "Missing" free dance at 1990 Worlds in Halifax.

28. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

You mean the creeper at 4:39?

:encore: I'll take it! :encore:

29. query5

query5 New Member

All skaters are,tired
    In the 90's, the skaters skated,in May for pro ams that was,less important than,the WTT.
    As stated in,another post the Goodwill Games in 1998 was in July.
    Most skaters in years past stated was tired at worlds or after worlds.,they did pro ams anyway without whining or insulting, belittling skaters in process.
    They swas all in same boat.
    In 90's ,big name you did a pro am before Gp events Gp final with a pro am before the gp final than nationals , wofls, anothet pro am, plus tours and 1-2 shows that was allowed. The skaters didnt whine about timing ljke they do now. Some admited wanted change,but admited would bs tired,rdgardless of when it was. All skaters would be tired.
    Just wish skaters now,would,refrain from saying mone,competition because so tired. Previous in,same boat without the
    Whining from skaters.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  30. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

No one knows if skaters back then complained or not.