Pasquale to choreograph Plushenko's program(s)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by johndockley92, Apr 24, 2012.

1. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

So I have heard around the rumor mill that Pasquale will be choreographing Plushenko's program(s) for next season. Not sure which one or if he's doing both. Just an interesting tidbit of information that may help him beat many of the other skaters.

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  3. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

whatever the case, hope they don't use edvin marton ~~

isn't everyone sick of plushy and marton ..... :scream:

4. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Wow, how many skaters will Camerlengo be choreographing for next season, I wonder?

It will be interesting to see what Camerlengo is able to do for Plushy who clearly is trying to tap the latent artistry he let go by the wayside during his reign as the King of Quads and judges' favorite.

Ozzisk8tr and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

If this is true, good for Plushenko. I really admire his work ethic and am in awe of his persistence. It will be nice to see him try a different style of choreography.

6. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

Like... i hope Martin gets some revelation that he's missed his calling as a monk or something so we dont have to hear him or his fiddle ever again...

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Did you mean Marton?

8. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Hmm. I like this idea.

9. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

No. Dean Martin.

Moka-Ananas and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Guys, just FYI, Pasquale Camerlengo did Akiko Suzuki's short program to Hungarian Rhapsody arranged by MARTON

11. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Which was why I was wondering why I hate the music so much although I like her skating.

12. Rochelle

Rochelle Active Member

I'm more interested to see how much of Pasquale's choreography actually is performed by Plushenko. :watch:

If he executes even a slight majority of what Pasquale lays out for him, we could see both a new side to his skating and an excellent use of is strengths. I genuinely can't wait to see what develops out of this, and I'm glad he's branching out.

10 days. 2 programs. I wonder if he may work with any other students of Mishin. Elizaveta, perhaps? Just a thought.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  13. Nours

Nours Active Member

Camerlengo can choreographe Plushenko's program, this doesn't mean Plushenko will skate what Carmerlengo originally planned. He will just remove all the transitions and it will be a classic Plushenko program. Just look at what happened in 2004 with Nijinski. Far far from what the choreographer wanted. All his program after that were empty.
    Edit : just seen the post just above, telling the same thing.

14. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I am about as excited as when Kwan announced that Chris Dean would be choreographing her Bolero program.

15. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

It was Christopher Dean's Waterloo. :shuffle:

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  16. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Wow, I had no idea that was by Dean.... I always had the impression that it was by Morozov or something. At least that's how it looked :shuffle:

17. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Exactly. The finished product must have been so different from the original product. In fact, Kwan didn't even skate it the same way all season.

18. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

At one of the competitions, Dick Button bluntly said Kwan wasn't skating what Dean choreographed. How many dollars was that down the drain? I wonder if Michelle just didn't like it or couldn't skate it.

19. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

The latter I would assume. She was quite injured at the time and was having enough trouble as it is landing the jumps on their own.

BTW I brought up Kwan and Dean because it's exactly the same situation as Plushenko and that's why I am not holding my breath for this one either.

20. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

OMG!!! I'm excited!!! :fan:

21. misskarne

misskarne #408

Yes, but like Kwan and this program you mention, what happened with Plushenko and the Nijinsky program was just the same - injured, and getting worse through the season, meant they had to take out more and more of the choreography as the season went on.

Hopefully, coming to this season rested and recovered, Plushy will be able to skate the program as given to him or with only fairly minor tweaks.

22. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

At that same competition (the one I referenced), both Dick and Peggy were talking about how she was doing 3/3's in the practice sessions, so how injured could she have been and if she was that injured, why would she be practicing 3/3's?.

23. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I don't like Plushenko's style. So, if it's true, it's a good news. Anyone but his previous choreographer would be better. :saint:

24. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I truly doubt that we will see a significant change of style from him. Skaters of Plushenko's age and experience usually have already developed their own individual style that doesn't change a lot with new choreography. There are some more versatile skaters who can do several different styles, but, even in those cases, something of their individual style shines through. And Plushenko is not one of those versatile skaters. So, just a little improvement will already be good.

25. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

All he has to do is to keep his fans satisfied because they are the ones who will pay tickets to see him skating in shows when he retires (which will happen very, very soon). So I doubt that he wants to change radically his style. :lol:
    The programs will probably be a mix of his old style and some COP-friendly content.:)

26. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

You saying that this is wrong then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akiko_Suzuki

27. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

This is exactly what came across my mind.
    I hope Plushenko goes with what Pasquale puts together for him, because it could be extraordinary.

28. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

PML that none of you think there is a well thought out reason behind Mishin's decision to go this route. 1. They want to win at Sochi. 2. They are well aware that Plushenko's weak points are the "transitions". 3. They are doing every thing they can to accomplish number 1. It's really quite simple actually.
    Kevin VDP brought up an interesting point in his last interview about being able to either do jumps well or do the other skating components well and not being able to do both. This seems to be true of most skaters. Some may squeak those jumps out on a good day, but they aren't consistent like Plushenko. What Camerlengo will be able to do for Plushenko is play to his strengths and try to lessen his weaknesses as much as possible. He'll give him choreo that will maximize his points. I doubt either Plushenko, Mishin or the Russian fed care one whit if fans rhapsodize over his gorgeous skating skills. They only care about how many points can he earn and how will that place him at the end of the night. They learned in 2010 what they need to do to win. Now, they just have to do it.

29. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

I suspect using Camerlengo is also a test run for Sochi. By going with another choreographer this year, Team Plushenko can see how much he can improve his PCS without any real harm done before Sochi. I think the outcome of Plush's performances next year with Camerlengo's choreo will strongly impact how they prepare for the year following.

30. luCN

luCN New Member

sounds intersting.hope Plushenko will keep Pasquale's program in the end.last season seems he asked Lambiel to choreograph a program for him,but didn't use it at all.this time,hope he can do it.