Pairs Skaters with kids.

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by FSWer, May 14, 2011.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,do we know of any Pairs Skaters who have kids? Either the Partnership,or just 1 of the Partners from a Partnership who happens to be a Parent? For example...does Amanda Evora have kids?

2. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Kristy Sargeant has a kid, but I think it was with someone else other than Kris Wirtz. It seems like both partners raise her though.

3. Casey2

Casey2 Member

Mark Ladwig

4. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

From the times past- both Irina Rodnina and Katya Gordeeva interrupted their competitive career to have a child, and then came back and became Olympic Gold medalists ( Rodnina for the third time, Gordeeva for the second time)

5. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

actually gordeeva was already PRO when she became preggo with daria =) and she joined the SOI tour weeks after birth! she is one tough cookie!
    i think it is obvioulsy much easier for a male partner to have a child and skate that a mama!! but isabelle delobel skated in the 2010 olympics after her son was born ( was he like 6 months?)

6. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Katya and Sergei went pro in 1991, Daria was born in 1992, but then they returned to win 1994 Olympics (it was allowed then).

7. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Can't think of any active skaters except Ladwig - most of them are either young or wouldn't want to end/take a break from their careers. Among retired skaters, other than those already mentioned, Artur Dimitriev Jr. was born in 1992, so obviously during his father's eligible career.

Pairs skater only? No ice dancers? Because I can think of several ice dancers who had kids while in eligible skating (and among active skaters, Dimitri Soloviev has a son).

8. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Actually no senior pairs guy would have to take a break from their career to have a baby and they are all old enough to father a child ;)

9. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I could have phrased it in a way that made it clear what was in reference to the men and what to the ladies, but I trusted in the intelligence of the readers. :D

While I'm sure all the male senior pairs skaters are biologically old enough to have children, that's not the same thing is being ready to have children.

10. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Kristy had a second child with Kris, the child would be at least five now.

And Sale and Pelletier have a child, a boy - they brought the baby on ice during Canadians in Vancouver in 08 (think 08?) when they were inducted into the Hall of Fame. Sale was raving about how great a dad David was. . .this was before the split, of course.

11. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Smirnov.
    and why isn't in in a trash can?

12. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Peggy Schwarz had a kid an then continued competig. Also her partner Mirko Mueller had a kid when he competed with another pair in 2002. I remember seeing the kid and Mirko´s beautiful wife Diana Goolsbee, in Lausanne 2002. The baby was adorable.
    (So was Mirko:eek:).

13. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Barb Underhill had twins (after competing) and as I recall one drowned in a swimming pool. There is a foundation in the baby's (Stephanie) name.

14. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Larisa Selezneva and Oleg Makarov, 1984 Olympic Pairs bronze medalists from the Soviet Union, are the parents of Ksenia Makarova, 2010 Russian National ladies champion and Olympian, and a son, Aleksey.

Here's an article about Ksenia before the 2010 Olympics: http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/010810.shtml

15. skatemommy

Christine Hough also had twins (after competing).

16. millipied

millipied New Member

Soloviev

17. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't know that Mirko Mueller had another partner after Peggy..

18. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Irina Rodnina took 1979 off to have a baby. This made way for Tai and Randy to win Worlds. Tai Babilonia had a son quite a few years later.

Isabelle Brasseur and Rocky Marval got married and have a daughter. They've skated some exhibitions with her.

19. madm

madm Active Member

Jenni Meno and Todd Sand have two boys.

20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Isabelle Brasseur and Rocky Marval (long after they each finished competing).

21. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

These were all after finishing competing:
    Maxim Marinin had a son with his girlfriend, a ballerina, shortly after he finished competing.
    And Tatiana Totmianina had a daughter with Alexei Yagudin a year and a half ago.
    Elena Berezhnaya has 2 children with Steven Cousins
    Ingo Steuer also has a young son.

22. skatemommy

Calla Urbanski has a little girl. I remember her saying that she would have to gain some weight :eek: in order to get pregnant. These pairs girls have such low body fat...I worry for them.

23. Mikka

Mikka Member

His partner was Sarah Jentgens. They skated together from 2000 to 2002.

24. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

On the pro side, there's Leonova & (sp?)Kvalkho. They're still performing, too. He skated without her in Brian Boitano's Skating Spectacular when she was pregnant.

25. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I think that was after she turned prol