Pairs/Dance splits & partner search 2013 thread (all countries)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Feb 1, 2013.

1. blancanieves

blancanieves Active Member

2. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Or could Amanda be coming out of retirement? :swoon:

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Why? I guess they didn't get on? Because skating wise, I thought they were definitely on the right track.

4. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Haha that would be great!

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

6. reese

reese Well-Known Member

I'm very curious about the Davis/Ladwig split. They really came so far over the course of the season and by Nationals they were quite good and on the right track. Plus, she can jump.

7. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

Doesn't he have a wife and child? I always wondered how he can afford to compete. Even if she is supporting the family training costs a lot and he is not at a level where he gets big appearance fees.

8. aemeraldrainc

aemeraldrainc Active Member

I wonder what happened, too. Wasn't Sochi the goal? I got that impression, at least from Mark Ladwig's side. It's interesting how they've split with only a year to go. *shrug* But :(

9. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Lindsay Davis looked really grouchy when they talked to Davis and Ladwig at the US Nats gala.. I wonder if both of them wanted to split, or one, or what.

10. aemeraldrainc

Wasn't Davis sick? I thought I read that somewhere.

11. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

Well, she often looks grouchy, but that's beside the point. I do wonder why Lyndon was so grouchy on this board about carriemarie "spilling the beans" a few days early. Mind you, carriemarie has offended people I care about on this board, but that's the nature of the board. Maybe he was just disappointed in himself for not controlling the spin this time??

Regardless, I hope the two of them both find whatever they are looking for in the upcoming season. Seems they are tossing out a good option with a year to go - and while D might be short, she is certainly a much different build than Rockne's prior partners. Lots of work there too, if they go that route, and not a lot of time to get it together. Here's to US Pairs!

12. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

Caelen Dalmer and Shane Firus are both on IPS so I guess that split is confirmed now (Tantallongirl mentioned the rumored/likely split in a Trash Can thread a couple of weeks ago).

13. aemeraldrainc

Who's Lyndon?

14. madm

madm Active Member

Lyndon Johnson is her coach in Florida.

15. minx

minx New Member

Both Shalena Rau and Phelan Simpson are listed on IPS. Unknown why they split but possibly he wants someone who can jump triples based on his profile of 2A and 3S ability.

16. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

Rau completes the axel and sal with greater consistency than Simpson in practice

17. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

The competition is what really counts though. Isn't he more consistent then?

18. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

You mean Lyndon Johnston and not the 36th President of the United States. :p

Phelan Simpson lists himself as 5'6"/167 cm. in his IPS bio.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Good luck finding suitably sized partners then. :shuffle:

20. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

They were too close in height, a real shame.

21. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Not from what I saw at Canadians and Challenge, where he was the one with jump difficulties. I remember also thinking while watching them that the throw errors they made were because of poor technique on his part.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  22. fan

fan Well-Known Member

this thread makes me nervous everytime someone posts.

23. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

LOL I know, everytime I see it updated Im afraid another team has split. and probably im provoking the same for another poster right now :D

24. Tantallongirl

Tantallongirl New Member

After all the partner splits does anyone know about new partnerships? I am sure coaches are working on developing new partnerships for the new skating season.

25. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

:scream:

26. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Caitlin Fields, age 17 (7th in Junior Pairs at 2013 U.S. Nationals and 2012 U.S. Novice Pairs silver medalist with Jason Pacini) is now listed on IPS. She lists herself as 4'11".

27. figuresk8302

figuresk8302 New Member

I wonder how good a Middleton/Johnson pairing would be. Both medaled the same year in intermediate and both had potential for JGP's with their old partners.

28. Rochelle

Rochelle Active Member

Is relocation listed as an option for either? (Of course, relocation sometimes becomes a option unexpectedly for the right partner at the right time).

They're on completely different coasts and Elise Middleton is still a bit young to relocate w/o a parent - by some standards. Her sister has a partner in Intermediate Dance (7th at Nationals with an All Year FSC partner)... so relocating outside of the SoCal area may realistically not be an option for the family until she's older.

29. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Another thing to consider is that the new ISU Junior maximum age rule for male pair/dance partners of 19 will come into effect for the 2014-15 season. For example, Johnson will be 19 and ISU Junior age-eligible for 2013-14 but then will age out before the 2014-15 season.

ETA list of 2013 U.S. Nationals skaters currently listed on IPS:

Caitlin Fields (7th in Junior Pairs with Jason Pacini)
    Caitlin Belt & Michael Johnson (9th in Junior Pairs)
    Brenna Doherty (12th in Junior Pairs with Craig Norris)
    Elise Middleton (3rd in Novice Pairs with Robert Hennings)
    Lianna Thomas & David Botero (10th in Novice Pairs)
    Juliette Erickson (11th in Novice Pairs with Connor Fleming)

Yura Min & Igor Ogay (11th in Junior Dance) - he has RUS citizenship & she lists herself as USA
    Alexander Martin (7th in Novice Dance with Sierra Chadwick)
    Cassidy Klopstock & Logan Leonesio (6th in Intermediate Dance)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  30. NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane New Member

I remember seeing that Michael Johnson posted a status about needed a backpack big enough for his tryouts-means that he may relocate for a potential partnership