Pairs/Dance splits & partner search 2013 thread (all countries)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Post-2013 U.S. Nationals, listed on icepartnersearch.com to date:

Junior Dance:
    Igor Ogay (RUS citizenship; 11th with Yura Min who has KOR citizenship & dual with USA?)

Junior Pairs:
    Brenna Doherty (12th with Craig Norris)

Novice Pairs:
    Elise Middleton (3rd with Robert Hennings - I liked them :()
    Juliette Erickson (11th with Connor Fleming)

Post-2013 Canadian Nationals splits (also listed in the Canadian Dance 2012/2013 thread in the Trash Can):
    Haili Moyer & Aaron Chapplain (12th in CAN Junior Dance) are both listed on IPS.

International competitors currently listed who recently updated their bios include:
    Tiffany Zahorski (FRA)
    Lauri Bonacorsi (USA)
    Evgeni Krasnopolsky (ISR)
    Andrea Poapst (CAN, pairs)
    Timothy Lum (CAN JGP dance with Noa Bruser)
    Jessica Mancini (USA JGP dance)
    Brynn Carman (USA pairs, now dance)
    Richard Lundberg (SWE pairs)
    Michéle Lundberg (SWE pairs, now dance)

I know team split news is often hearsay, but I will stick to posting the names that appear on IPS and documented source links.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  2. mgobluegirl

mgobluegirl Well-Known Member

Sad about Middleton/Hennings. I thought they were well-matched and had a lot of potential :(

3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Middleton and Hennings?? :fragile: They had such potential.

4. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

I thought M/H were a good pairing.. although that scary lift at the end of their program also happened in practice too, maybe they were concerned about her safety.

5. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

--Zahorski hasnt found a partner yet ?? :( :( :(

6. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Well the Middleton/Hennings split is a major bummer and a big surprise. They were so lovely and from last year to this year seemed to successfully navigate Elise hitting puberty.

7. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Thanks for this consolidated thread, Sylvia.

I hope that Mervin Tran and Andrea Poapst get in touch to at least discuss possibilities. Could be potential there.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yura Min is Korean and I thought her an Ogay were supposed to represent South Korea? Shame they split, would be good to see some South Korean dance teams again.

Zahorski is a very decent skater and really deserves a new partner. :(

Jessica Mancini's Lv7 emoting also deserves a partner!

So Lundbergs split and she swapped to Ice Dance. I guess they became too close in height.

Tran and Poapst are surely gonna try out, if they didn't already. Since Mervin didn't compete this season, he can change to representing Canada and compete at international events from September.

9. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

2013 Canadian Novice Dance bronze medalist Tyler Miller is now listed on IPS.

Katherine Pilgrim (6th in Senior Dance at Eastern Sectionals in Nov. 2012 with Alexander Lorello) is on IPS and lists her coaches as Linichuk and Karponosov.

I was intrigued to read Sumire Suto's IPS profile: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4287
    She is 15 and states "I would like to compete juniors and represent Japan on international competitions." I looked up her singles qualifying results for this season - she placed 6th at her Regional in Japan this past September:
    Kanto Regional Junior Ladies FS protocol (4th place, landed clean 2A+2T, 3T, 3S): http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2012-2013/fs_e/block2/data0405.pdf
    Suto did not advance from the Eastern Section Junior Ladies short program in November. She lists her pair coaches as Yuko Sato, Jason Dungjen, and Sergey Petrovskiy in Detroit. The new pair of Narumi Takahashi and Ryuichi Kihara are scheduled to train at Detroit SC with Sato and Dungjen starting sometime this month for 2 months, according to this translated article posted here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...uichi-Kihara&p=3821242&viewfull=1#post3821242

10. Sunshine2

Sunshine2 New Member

I heard that Elise might have a tryout in LA

11. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

Lauri Bonacorsi is on IPS and just recently updated it, with Linichuk/Karponossov as her coaches. IIRC she moved to Detroit to train with Ian Lorello but never competed at sectionals, so I'm not sure when that partnership ended.

12. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

They stopped skating together after only a few months. They had been scheduled to compete at Lake Placid last Jul/Aug, but had broken up by then.

13. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

Thanks, Twizzler :)

14. Otterpop

Otterpop New Member

I'm sure safety was a concern for Middleton that is not the first time the lift went down in competition. Apparently she had major dental work done this summer -broke her front teeth due to lift going down. Scary stuff!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:eek: Poor thing.

16. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

:( That's the side of skating the audience usually does not realise. How much effort, pain, injuries, dental work and surgeries is in the skills achieved.

17. figuresk8302

figuresk8302 New Member

I have heard from 3 or 4 people that Belt/Johnson have split.

18. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any news on Davis and Ladwig? I'm just asking because someone said a few pages back they might have split. I hope they didn't, but Lindsay Davis didn't look that happy on the US Nats gala broadcast (although Ladwig did).

19. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

See my reply in the U.S. Pairs thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...-amp-updates&p=3823633&viewfull=1#post3823633

I forgot to mention earlier that U.S. pair skater Colin Grafton is still listed on IPS but hasn't updated his profile since November 2012 so I don't know if he is currently looking.

Jan. 31 article: Rockne Brubaker remains hopeful amid partner search
    Excerpt:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  20. Ballroomdancer

Ballroomdancer New Member

Does this mean that Noa's concussion has put her out of competition? They were a very talented couple, so I am sorry to find they are not together anymore.

21. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

I want Rockne to get a partner! He's my favorite.

22. NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane New Member

IDK if anyone has mentioned this but Ashley Cain (if she is still interested in pairs) and Colin might make a good couple...he's pretty tall. Just a thought :)

23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

According to their IN bios, Ashley is 5'6 and Colin is 6'0.

24. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Ashley is basically too tall for pairs now, IMO. Luckily she was pretty good in singles at US Nats.

25. thumbyskates

thumbyskates Member

I'm wondering the same...

26. Sunshine2

Sunshine2 New Member

Lianna Thomas and David Botero Novice pairs just broke up Lianna Thomas is on IPS

27. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Since this is an international thread, please specify the skaters' country - Lianna Thomas/David Botero finished 10th in Novice Pairs at 2013 U.S. Nationals.

Michael Johnson, who will be 19 next month, is now listed on IPS - he and Caitlin Belt were 9th in Junior Pairs at U.S. Nationals and 4th at the 2012 Youth Olympics in Innsbruck, Austria.

ETA:
    Shalena Rau, age 14, is listed on IPS - she and Phelan Simpson debuted on the JGP this season (http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054181.htm), finished 4th in Junior Pairs at 2013 Canadian Nationals, and skated together since April 2008: http://www.tracings.net/rau-simp.html

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  28. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, too. Hope she's OK.

29. figuresk8302

figuresk8302 New Member

Michael Johnson is on partner search and he is looking for both pairs or dance girls. That is interesting.

30. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Lindsay Davis' and Mark Ladwig's split is official - USFS press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48971&type=media